Cap and Trade certificates; to what companies and how distributed?

Supposn

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2009
Cap and Trade certificates; to what companies and how distributed?

Federal auction seems ill advised. How do they propose it be managed?
What if any proposal has been conceived globally?

Respectfully, Supposn

Editec, this question deserves its own discussion thread.
Respectfully, Supposn

FAr as I know Suppos'n the certificates are given to industries who create efficiences in the industries that reduce THEIR carbon use.

That basically means that the dirtiest industries have the largest means of making money off finally getting around to doing what they ought to have ALREADY done.

That is why, to a great extent, I am not especially impressed with this system.

I believe it will become a corrupted system of selling INDULGENCES granted to the INSIDERS by a corrupted government.

Now, in principle, Suppos'n, I can understand the market theory behind this plan.

But it's in the practice that I think this plan is going to go astray.

Last edited:
Editec, we seem to be on the same page and asking the same questions. The key concept of both cap and trade and Import Certificate proposals are dependent upon opposing stresses keeping the systems in equilibrium. That’s why both systems employ transferable certificates or permits.

You seem to have already inclined to oppose Caps and Trade due to insufficient “checks and balances”. I question it for the same reason.

Eventually I hope to encounter some written proposal(s) of how this system could be effectively administered.

Respectfully, Supposn

Last edited:

Forum List

Back