Cantor says he's concerned by 'mobs' at 'Occupy Wall Street'

House GOP Leader Eric Cantor decried the protests that started several weeks ago in New York, and have spread to major cities across the country. Cantor said in a speech at the Values Voters Summit in Washington that he is "increasingly concerned" about the "growing mobs" represented at the protests.
Ya' gotta figure.....his only (other) point-of-reference is those grand Teabagger gatherings....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml2TSt-WdNM]Keith Olbermann "Tea Time": N.C. Tea Party Crowd Thins Out - 05/13/10 - YouTube[/ame]​

I cannot access YouTube from here, but I am certain the tape is out there that I am refrencing. I would LOVE for you to explain how the woman who was penned in, was acting in any way "inciting" anything? She was a peaceful protester. When did that become illegal?

She was penned in becuase she was NOT a peaceful protester...that is what is lost in this.
And if you watch the tape, you will still hear her screaming....you can not hear what she is saying, but apparently (according to local news) she was directing others around her to rebel to the police...to "push back".....which was what she was doing and why she was penned in.

Look at it this way...Bloomberg is not an ideologue. He is an independent. He is not Mayor for the money...he truly cares about NYC and what uis right for it.

If the macing was unwarranted, the officer would have been suspended, if not fired.

Again, you only saw a video of a woman being maced. You do not know why she was penned in and you do not know what she was screaming to the crowd before she was maced.

She needed to be silenced fot eh crowd was reaching a point of being very dangerous iof they lost control.

Bear in mind...they could not transport her out...the crowd was bloicking the streets...so penning her in was the only alternative...but it did not stop her from trying to get people to physically fight the police.

Let's assume for a moment that you are right, and this defenseless woman deserved to be maced by armed policemen. Using this logic, how many over the top, out of control "conservatives" should have been maced during the town halls leading up the the Healthcare Legislation battles?

Or at any of the teaparty events where they were allowed to have guns on them, spit at congressmen and even Palen/Bachmann inciting the loonies by placing bullseyes on maps, targeting congressmen and their districts.

The ows are angels compared to that.

She was penned in becuase she was NOT a peaceful protester...that is what is lost in this.
And if you watch the tape, you will still hear her screaming....you can not hear what she is saying, but apparently (according to local news) she was directing others around her to rebel to the police...to "push back".....which was what she was doing and why she was penned in.

Look at it this way...Bloomberg is not an ideologue. He is an independent. He is not Mayor for the money...he truly cares about NYC and what uis right for it.

If the macing was unwarranted, the officer would have been suspended, if not fired.

Again, you only saw a video of a woman being maced. You do not know why she was penned in and you do not know what she was screaming to the crowd before she was maced.

She needed to be silenced fot eh crowd was reaching a point of being very dangerous iof they lost control.

Bear in mind...they could not transport her out...the crowd was bloicking the streets...so penning her in was the only alternative...but it did not stop her from trying to get people to physically fight the police.

Let's assume for a moment that you are right, and this defenseless woman deserved to be maced by armed policemen. Using this logic, how many over the top, out of control "conservatives" should have been maced during the town halls leading up the the Healthcare Legislation battles?

Or at any of the teaparty events where they were allowed to have guns on them, spit at congressmen and even Palen/Bachmann inciting the loonies by placing bullseyes on maps, targeting congressmen and their districts.

wow....

Guns on them that were not drawn..and were legal. The second ammendemnt is the second ammendment. You dont like it, get it removed. Until then, dont knock those that follow it.
Spit at congressmen? You freaking loon.....the tape of it made it quite obvious he wasnt spit on.....but sure enough....you go with it anyway. True to form.
Incitng loonies with targets? You were incited?

Bottom line....10 arrrests in 2 years for the tea party
800 arrests in 1 week for the OWS

I guess maybe those UNIONIZED DIVERSE police forces are mnore tolerant of those anti union racist tea partiers.

Sure...that makes sense.

wow....

Guns on them that were not drawn..and were legal. The second ammendemnt is the second ammendment. You dont like it, get it removed. Until then, dont knock those that follow it.
Spit at congressmen? You freaking loon.....the tape of it made it quite obvious he wasnt spit on.....but sure enough....you go with it anyway. True to form.

I guess maybe those UNIONIZED DIVERSE police forces are mnore tolerant of those anti union racist tea partiers.

Sure...that makes sense.

You see what I mean? I always have to confirm anything you say before I believe it. You are so kneejerk and contrary right off the bat.

You do not know those guns were legal and congressmen were spit upon walking back into the Healthcare debates.

I don't believe only 10 arrests either.

Even though I'm generally for the common man, I felt a bead of sweat trickle down my forehead as I read of the planned bank run on November 5th by this group. Is that a good idea? I get a yucky feeling from it.

I don't recall EVER having a free checking account. Maybe I've lived in a weird part of the country.

why is it called occupy wallstreet?

becuase they know wallstreet caused this mess with their speculation.

There are no mobs just Americans in thr street saying THIS IS WRONG fix it experts.

If your heroes in Washington had been doing their jobs right, this 'mess' would not have happened.

Blame the fucking politicians, moron. It was their responsibility to regulation these bastards.

twit.

The more I read the drivel posted on this site, the clearer this whole clusterfuck becomes. So few of us blame the right people.

While you continue to lie to yourselves about this being one party, or one group of 'evil bankers', they will continue to destroy the country you all pretend to care about.

There are no mobs just Americans in thr street saying THIS IS WRONG fix it experts.

If your heroes in Washington had been doing their jobs right, this 'mess' would not have happened.

Blame the fucking politicians, moron. It was their responsibility to regulation these bastards.

twit.

I loved this tidbit from the link;

"Some in Washington have actually condoned the pitting of Americans against Americans," Cantor said of the protests after accusing the Obama administration's policies of being an "assault on many of our nation's bedrock principles."

:lol:

Cantor is calling himself and the tea-party out!

That's funny right there I don't care who you are...of course if you’re a tea-party apologists you won't think it’s quite as funny as I do but the irony is so glaring it's hard to overlook.

:lol:

wow....

Sure...that makes sense.

You see what I mean? I always have to confirm anything you say before I believe it. You are so kneejerk and contrary right off the bat.

You do not know those guns were legal and congressmen were spit upon walking back into the Healthcare debates.

I don't believe only 10 arrests either.

Actually, I do know those guns were legal for every person was asked to produse their license as there was an elected official at the gathering. That IS what security does you know.

I DO know that, first of all, only ONE congressman claimed to have been spit on...so "congressmEn" is wrong right away. However, what that congressman was not aware of was that there was a video of the "spitting" incident....and you and I have seen that video over and over again and the best anyone can come up with was that he INTENTIONALLY spit while yelling.....despite the fact that many people ACCIDENTALLY spit while yelling...

Do a google search on arrests at Tea Party ralleys.......you will find that there were 10 arrests at one, but no charges pressed....I personally could not find any other....there may be....but lets be real...if there were, it would have been front page news

twit.

Are you proposing stricter regulations of the financial sector?

Why then is the GOP trying to cripple the recently passed regulations?

twit.

Are you proposing stricter regulations of the financial sector?

Why then is the GOP trying to cripple the recently passed regulations?

We pay people like Barney Frank a lot of money to do his job.

We dont need stricter regulations. We need someone to do their job enforcing the regulations that were set in place.

Recently passed regulations may be for the long term good...but to pass them during a time where small businesses are struggling...well...it is just plain old foolish...especially if you expect those small businesses to hire people.

Thats why.

My account has always had a monthly fee. But I started in a small bank, in a small town (more like a tribe because of the size) of approximately 3,500 people. The first 10 years or so of having a checking account, I paid monthly for having a checking account.

Yeah, I feel ya with the direct deposit.

We've got a rocky road ahead of us. It's tough. We can't hold a gun to the head of the wealthy and say: "START A BUSINESS NOW, DAMMIT....SO THAT WE CAN GO TO WORK!" The Russian Revolution is a good example of WHAT NOT TO DO.

The next few months are going to be interesting to say the least. And not in a pleasant way. It's frightening.

House GOP Leader Eric Cantor decried the protests that started several weeks ago in New York, and have spread to major cities across the country. Cantor said in a speech at the Values Voters Summit in Washington that he is "increasingly concerned" about the "growing mobs" represented at the protests.

First Read - Cantor says he's concerned by 'mobs' at 'Occupy Wall Street'

While I STILL have no idea what the "Occupy Wallstreet" folks want, I cannot see how they are any different than any of the Tea Party events that Cantor and his fellow Republicans loved. Do they even care how hypocritical they sound anymore?

True..

Although there is a growing concern here in NY by the anti semetic sentiment...not a "muffled" word on a recording that may be the "N" word as was heard at a tea party ralley.

Furthermore, I dont think the tea party ralleys over the 2 years had a total of over 800 arrests....meaning that these ralleys are in less control of themselves.

But they have a right to be heard...and I support their efforts.

But I am curious....Pelosi knocked the tea party ralleys when they started....yet applauds the wall street protests.

DO you not agree that that, too, is hypocrisy?

Yes!
There seems to be hypocrisy all around.

The anti-semitic sentiment was an isolated incident from what I have read. Just as at the Tea Party events when Obama was portrayed as a monkey; etc,, ,isolated events.

Where would the news be today if it didn't have tabloid-like sensationalism.

:lol: On what planet did the spitting happen? And please don't bother posting a you tube clip that doesn't show it because it didn't happen.

And as for that crap about Palin/Bachmann using 'bullseyes' on maps.... :lol:

This is just too fucking funny. Seriously. Talk about creating drama. :lol:

And for the record.... remember that guy with the guy that the media used to demonstrate the 'dangerous racists' in the TEA Parties... remember what color that guys skin was? Yea, he was a black guy. And he was absolutely entitled to bear arms. We have that right. It is nothing to fear.

This pathetic repeating of media driven hysteria is pathetic.

While I STILL have no idea what the "Occupy Wallstreet" folks want, I cannot see how they are any different than any of the Tea Party events that Cantor and his fellow Republicans loved. Do they even care how hypocritical they sound anymore?

True..

Although there is a growing concern here in NY by the anti semetic sentiment...not a "muffled" word on a recording that may be the "N" word as was heard at a tea party ralley.

Furthermore, I dont think the tea party ralleys over the 2 years had a total of over 800 arrests....meaning that these ralleys are in less control of themselves.

But I am curious....Pelosi knocked the tea party ralleys when they started....yet applauds the wall street protests.

Yes!

The anti-semitic sentiment was an isolated incident from what I have read. Just as at the Tea Party events when Obama was portrayed as a monkey; etc,, ,isolated events.

Bingo. We have a winner.

True..

Yes!

Obama has been treated by many on the right the same way Bush was treated by many on the left. I'd like to know why it was ok when it was Bush, and racism when it's Obama.

Again... if it wasn't double standards, many on the left would have no standards at all.

:lol: On what planet did the spitting happen? And please don't bother posting a you tube clip that doesn't show it because it didn't happen.

And as for that crap about Palin/Bachmann using 'bullseyes' on maps.... :lol:

This is just too fucking funny. Seriously. Talk about creating drama. :lol:

And for the record.... remember that guy with the guy that the media used to demonstrate the 'dangerous racists' in the TEA Parties... remember what color that guys skin was? Yea, he was a black guy. And he was absolutely entitled to bear arms. We have that right. It is nothing to fear.

This pathetic repeating of media driven hysteria is pathetic.

this is what they have to work with:

The tea party are racist..and the proof is:

1) Out of 10,000 people there was a recording of a person who, when you listen very closely, MAY have used the "N" word. No one is sure, but it may have been the "N" word.

2) Out of 10,000 people there was one man who, while yelling, spit on a black congressman. The video clearly shows that it was while the man was yelling but regardless, it was done intentionally

In the meantime, there is no explanation as to why, with ALL of those reporters cameras, and recorders present at thjat ralley, they were not able to find one CLEAR EXAMPLE of racism....NOT ONE.

But, alas, the tea party is comprosed of racists.

Fuck all of those who contnue to say it....it is pathetic seeing as they have absolutely no evidence...none.

True..

Yes!

Obama has been treated by many on the right the same way Bush was treated by many on the left. I'd like to know why it was ok when it was Bush, and racism when it's Obama.

Again... if it wasn't double standards, many on the left would have no standards at all.

Dont you get it?

With Bush it was warranted. He was a warmongerer who killed thousands of babies. He was actually seen eating the foot of one back in 2006.

With Obama it is only becuase he is black. Afterall, his policies are loved and appreciated by all...except, of course, for us racists. He can shit gold and we woiuld still hate the man.
No mystery at all.

I see why he's concerned. Things could get ugly. Some on the Left are promoting violent confrontation. So it will likely happen at some point. It's very sad.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back