Cantor comments on Uninsured Women with Growing Tumors

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Think Progress » Cantor To Uninsured Woman With Growing Tumors: Get ‘An Existing Government Program’ Or Find Charity

Article title too big for Title.

Eric Cantor who in his first health care town hall meeting had some interesting comments to say the least. After reading them, it is quite obvious why he didn't have any town hall meetings in the first place.

Cantor, who serves as the chief whip for his party, has said that he cannot support a health reform bill with a public option. But despite his political opposition to government insurance programs, Cantor then emphasized to Churchill that every American should be given an “option” for health care, including a government program:

CHURCHILL: I have a very close relative, a woman in her early forties, who did have a wonderful, high-paying job, owns her own home and is a real contributing member of society. She lost her job. Just a couple of weeks ago, she found out that she has tumors in her belly and that she needs an operation. Her doctors told her that they are growing and that she needs to get this operation quickly. She has no insurance. [...]

CANTOR: First of all I guess I would ask what the situation is in terms of income eligibility and the existing programs that are out there. Because if we look at the uninsured that are out there right now, there is probably 23, 24% of the uninsured that is already eligible for an existing government program [...] Beyond that, I know that there are programs, there are charitable organizations, there are hospitals here who do provide charity care if there’s an instance of indigency and the individual is not eligible for existing programs that there can be some cooperative effort. No one in this country, given who we are, should be sitting without an option to be addressed.

Watch it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfVAJ3Wh67U&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Cantor To Uninsured Woman: Get An "Option" Like Charity Or Govt Program[/ame]

All I can say is:

$owl_orly.jpg

You mean those same Government programs that you and the rest of the GOP are attempting to cut Mr. Cantor? How about medicare? We all know the GOP's attempting at cutting or even attempting to eliminate that. Plus, you and I both know quite well about how in this economy that these charity organizations are already likely pushing their limit. So once again, Cantor shows how he is full of no solutions and rather points to the same Government programs that he and the rest of his buddies in congress are attempting to cut.

Classic Double Think at it's finest and bullshitting. :clap2:

You mean those same Government programs that you and the rest of the GOP are attempting to cut Mr. Cantor? How about medicare? We all know the GOP's attempting at cutting or even attempting to eliminate that.
How is the GOP able to do any of that? The Dem party is in complete control like we haven't seen for decades. The GOP is completely powerless. They can't "cut" anything, can't pass anything, cannot even change anything.

The Dems have ALL the power, and all they can do with it is whine?

It doesn't matter what repugs say, do or how they vote. The Dems don't need any of their votes or support to do anything they want to do.

Last edited:
How is the GOP able to do any of that? The Dem party is in complete control like we haven't seen for decades. The GOP is completely powerless. They can't "cut" anything, can't pass anything, cannot even change anything.

The Dems are useless, HOWEVER do not sit there and bullshit me. The GOP has been attempting to slash Medicare for YEARS and in July Cantor called Medicare a good example of how bad the Government is in health care.

If the GOP were in the position the Dems were, you can bet your ass they would be attempting to slash Medicare again if they thought they could get away with it.

The Dems are useless
How so? They have ALL the power.

What part of ALL the power do you not understand, cheap mindless partisan hack?

The Dems are useless because they have no spines you fucking idiot. You call me a partisan hack? Did you not just fucking realize I called them useless? What kind of compliment would that be? IF ANYONE here is a partisan hack it is you. I loved how at first you liked to bullshit that you were a Democrat or a Liberal, that's one of the biggest bullshit tales I've ever seen.

The Dems are useless because they have no spines you fucking idiot.
Spineless? They have ALL the power! They can do whatever they fucking WANT! If they DON'T, whose fault is it? NOT the opposition!

Blame-shifting is ALL you mindless Obamaphile robots can do.

BLAAAAAMMMMEE The Republicans, even though we have ALL the power and don't NEED any of their support or votes!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mindless idiot! Even READING "Think Progress" brands you as a partisan hack of the cheapest and stupidest order!

You mean those same Government programs that you and the rest of the GOP are attempting to cut Mr. Cantor? How about medicare? We all know the GOP's attempting at cutting or even attempting to eliminate that.

It doesn't matter what repugs say, do or how they vote. The Dems don't need any of their votes or support to do anything they want to do.

You know, it sounds good, but there are issues.

First, the Republican Party has a lot of power because they are nearly all one race and religion. The means they basically vote in lockstep.

Second, the Democratic party is a "coalition". Those groups all have to form a consensus to work together. One of those groups is the very conservative, "Blue Dogs" which should probably belong to the Republican Party. Except the current Republican Party has been hijacked by an extreme religious right radical element.

Third, there is an entire network dedicated to propaganda and undermining this country. It's called Fox. For some unknown reason, they want this country to fail. They have frightened many Americans with talk of "death panels" and "unplug grandma" that people now believe that the government will somehow "get them".

Fourth, the news isn't getting out. Recently, on nightly news, the commentator was talking about the drug industry. The numbers were something like, 220 billion in revenue and from that revenue 70 billion in advertisement and 32 billion for researching new drugs. The rest is profit.

Fifth and finally, Republicans have publicly stated that they want this president to fail, this health care will be his "Waterloo" and ....

So when Republicans say, "Democrats have all the power", it because the situation is difficult to understand when one has a limited intellect. They just assume the Democratic Party is just like the Republican Party. But it isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

You know, it sounds good, but there are issues.

First, the Republican Party has a lot of power because they are nearly all one race and religion.
They have NO power.

They have NO power at all! What about that is hard to understand?

ALL the Dems need do is make their shit palatable to all members of their caucus, and the repugs be DAMMED! There is NOTHING repugs can do to stop the Dems from doing anything they want to do!

ONLY the Dems can stop themselves! If shit doesn't get done it is STRICTLY on them! NO ONE else is to blame!

Spineless? They have ALL the power! They can do whatever they fucking WANT! If they DON'T, whose fault is it? NOT the opposition!

BLAAAAAMMMMEE The Republicans, even though we have ALL the power and don't NEED any of their support or votes!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mindless idiot! Even READING "Think Progress" brands you as a partisan hack of the cheapest and stupidest order!

You know, for someone who is acting like a partisan hack, you seem to not be looking at the bigger picture. Dems have all the power, however they won't use it. In fact, their not using it will end up being one of the reasons why they are voted out eventually. That, or they spend their time with power on issues like Joe Wilson which is fucking useless.

I'm not blaming the Republicans, HOWEVER they want back in power. A party that has no solutions is not a viable party to be in power. The only reason they are a viable party to people is because the Dems are complete fuckups. I like to ask how one can be partisan if they have a dislike of both sides, is that your double think or just pure blindness on the issue?

I "read" Think Progress and I "read" Fox News daily. In fact, I have linked articles from Fox News several times. Other times, I have linked Fox News stories to friends because they post some hilarious ones of stupid people.

So because I also read "Fox News" I guess that makes me a Republican partisan? Get over yourself Midnight, honestly. Just because someone "reads" a news site doesn't make them a partisan. HOWEVER, if they take what is on the article as TRUTH WITHOUT EVIDENCE, then they are partisan. However, THIS article was relaying the transcript of the conversation in the video. No way for it to be taken out of context.

Stop being butthurt over Obama winning, I don't even really support the guy anymore, so emote elsewhere.

Also, for the record, you seem to ignore the blue dog Democrats. As I have previously pointed out, not even a majority of Democrats consider themselves Liberal. So a Liberal proposal being offered up is not going to find open arms with every single person in Congress that has a D next to their name. To assume so is ignorance and branching all the Democrats under one complete belief system. It would also to be ignorant to assume all Republicans in Congress are Gay Bashers who cannot control spending if they tried because they're blowhards because they have a couple in Congress who are exactly that.

Come back to reality when you feel like it.

Last edited:

You know, for someone who is acting like a partisan hack, you seem to not be looking at the bigger picture.
Just stop blame-shifting and call it like it is!

The Dems have ALL the power. ALL three branches of our government.

Therefore, if things don't get passed, or shit doesn't go right, they get ALL the blame!

It's really just that simple, if you're not partisan. Stop whining and blame shifting! Have some scroat!

Therefore, if things don't get passed, or shit doesn't go right, they get ALL the blame!

It's really just that simple, if you're not partisan. Stop whining and blame shifting! Have some scroat!

Do me a favor and show me in this thread where I said that Health Care not being passed is the Republican's fault? Go ahead, if you can't, shut the fuck up. :eusa_eh:

Do me a favor and show me in this thread where I said that Health Care not being passed is the Republican's fault? Go ahead, if you can't, shut the fuck up. :eusa_eh:
It's this one. This thread, where you faithfully followed your marching orders and pasted this partisan, blame-shifting hackery from "Think Progress."

Fucking infantile idiot.

CANTOR: "...Beyond that, I know that there are programs, there are charitable organizations, there are hospitals here who do provide charity care if there’s an instance of indigency and the individual is not eligible for existing programs that there can be some cooperative effort...

...basically, I am saying that she should cross her fingers and just hope for the best."

CANTOR: "...Beyond that, I know that there are programs, there are charitable organizations, there are hospitals here who do provide charity care if there’s an instance of indigency and the individual is not eligible for existing programs that there can be some cooperative effort...

...basically, I am saying that she should cross her fingers and just hope for the best."

Isn't that what everyone does when they pick a doctor ? :lol:

It's this one. This thread, where you faithfully followed your marching orders and pasted this partisan, blame-shifting hackery from "Think Progress."

Fucking infantile idiot.

Blame-shifting hackery? Where is the blame-shifting hackery in the article? I'm pretty sure it was just calling out Cantor for his own lack of solutions. It wasn't passing blame on the fact this isn't being passed on Cantor. It's pointing out Cantor's incompetence.

If he wants the GOP to regain majority power, it'd be nice if they had a nice solution other than just "hope and pray." More similar to Obama then they would care to admit. :lol:

Actually your being facetious, but you are correct. I wish Obama and his crew would just say screw it and do this. You have the power, screw bi partisanship. Just do it.

They don't have the power to stop a filibuster.

Midnight seems to think that all Democrats are all one grey people who vote exactly the same on every issue. Don't mind him. He ignores a little thing like facts to ignore the fact that any real Liberal bill is going to have difficulty getting passed. Especially when you don't have a Liberal President either.

Isn't that what everyone does when they pick a doctor ? :lol:

Coin flips are considered to be more effective than crossing one's fingers when making a choice.

After the choice is made, one should cross one's fingers in hopes that the right choice was made.

Forum List

Back