Can't Ya' Give The President Credit...??

I'll give the Obama credit when I see the PICTURES of the dead sob.
Bin Laden
Something fishy bout all this. they won't release the pictures, then supposedly already buried at sea.

Torture does not stop being wrong just because it works, IF it did.

It DID, and it DOES...GTMO remains open.

Yes but they don't torture there, if they ever did. That is mainly were they had the military tribunals.

True. I understand that most of the torture were in those prisons the CIA had open in Poland and other places...and it does work.

I find it alarming that some find it unpalatable for these interrogation methods to take place if it keeps them and thier families safe.

I guess theyare the ones that wanna sing cumbaya as their heads are sawed off with thier families...

That is from a highly conservative blog and took vast liberties with the interpretation of what obama actually said.

Blogs are opinions and not facts.

Actually, for the most part, they are direct quotes, and as such, aren't interpretations.

Waterboarding is NOT torture.. and for you titty babies who think so, get your pampers changed and grow a set..

Credit for what?

Killing one person?

It's far too late for bin Laden's death to be any great strategic victory.

The war goes on.

No, credit for making a very hard choice. And the right one.We had to do something.....can you imagine if later it gets out that we had an 80% certainty that bin laden was there and we didn't make a move?

He could have just went ahead and have them use a B-2 stealth bomber which was their first choice and J-dam the compound.

This would have left us with no way to get in and get a hold of any remains to collect dna, the cia said their certainty was as high as 80%, as to Bin Laden being there, the pakis would never have let us in to collect it and that would have been that.

So we do that, we say hey we got him, most folks say, BS show us……I would have too….Stalemate. Pakistan ( and not a few other nations) goes crazy because we cannot prove it and have bombed deep into their territory with no apparent effect except to blow up a paki home based on a very good hunch, which in this case is like horse shoes and hand grenades close don’t count, we HAD to score and we had to have proof.

So, Obama says ok, we go with boots on the ground we take a huge risk, we send in choppers and put men in their to infiltrate the whole compound and settle it, it still could have been a bust, he in there. Same effect invasion deep int paki territory, obama and we look like fools etc etc .

Think of the pucker factor when that chopper went down due to inadequate lift as the high walls blew the aerodynamic characteristics a chopper needs to draw air and circulate it to keep aloft.

They had the extra space in the other choppers, they planned ahead and planned well, they went in and did what they had to , and, he was there.

The consequences of the chopper sending the whole pan to hell would have been catastrophic, maybe some of guys get stranded, no hope to get them, no osama, they have our boys, we didn’t get what we came for …..hes Jimmy Carter and worse and we look like inept fools with the whole Arab world and then some jeering.

Up against these folks as we have seen and heard from Osamas own words, weakness, the appearance of weakness, is not a luxury we can afford

Obama didn’t take the easy way out.

He dared, he won, we all won. ( SAS saying- who dares wins).

No, the war isn't over, but we have won a valuable moral victory and, made him pay the ultimate cost, we said we would, and we did.

Last edited:
Credit for what?

Killing one person?

It's far too late for bin Laden's death to be any great strategic victory.

The war goes on.

No, credit for making a very hard choice. And the right one.We had to do something.....can you imagine if later it gets out that we had an 80% certainty that bin laden was there and we didn't make a move?

He could have just went ahead and have them use a B-2 stealth bomber which was their first choice and J-dam the compound.

This would have left us with no way to get in and get a hold of any remains to collect dna, the cia said their certainty was as high as 80%, as to Bin Laden being there, the pakis would never have let us in to collect it and that would have been that.

So we do that, we say hey we got him, most folks say, BS show us……I would have too….Stalemate. Pakistan ( and not a few other nations) goes crazy because we cannot prove it and have bombed deep into their territory with no apparent effect except to blow up a paki home based on a very good hunch, which in this case is like horse shoes and hand grenades close don’t count, we HAD to score and we had to have proof.

So, Obama says ok, we go with boots on the ground we take a huge risk, we send in choppers and put men in their to infiltrate the whole compound and settle it, it still could have been a bust, he in there. Same effect invasion deep int paki territory, obama and we look like fools etc etc .

Think of the pucker factor when that chopper went down due to inadequate lift as the high walls blew the aerodynamic characteristics a chopper needs to draw air and circulate it to keep aloft.

They had the extra space in the other choppers, they planned ahead and planned well, they went in and did what they had to , and, he was there.

The consequences of the chopper sending the whole pan to hell would have been catastrophic, maybe some of guys get stranded, no hope to get them, no osama, they have our boys, we didn’t get what we came for …..hes Jimmy Carter and worse and we look like inept fools with the whole Arab world and then some jeering.

Up against these folks as we have seen and heard from Osamas own words, weakness, the appearance of weakness, is not a luxury we can afford

Obama didn’t take the easy way out.

He dared, he won, we all won. ( SAS saying- who dares wins).

No, the war isn't over, but we have won a valuable moral victory and, made him pay the ultimate cost, we said we would, and we did.

Lest He repeat what Clinton failed to do over a decade ago...

That is from a highly conservative blog and took vast liberties with the interpretation of what obama actually said.

I challenge you to find any aspect or fact that is untrue.
It would be more of a challenge to find any aspect or fact that is true.

The most obvious fault is that the info was acquired while the detainees were in Poland and Romania and by conventional means, not torture!!!!! So it looks like Obama was Right all along!!!

But you will never let the facts ever get in the way of your rants.

Your rebuttal has all of the philosophical content and intellectual impact of “oh, yeah?”

"It would be more of a challenge to find any aspect or fact that is true."

Hey, DenseAsABrick, I realize that you must be so proud to have managed to string 16 or so words together, but you should begin to consider substance as well as form.

As I have entered into your remediation, I'll go on to point out that hyperbole as in your first sentence obviates anything else in the post.

Anyone who has been alert and followed the course of events over the last three or four years, and is able to post on the USMB, knows that the OP is factual, and, therefore, would discount anything else that you write.

Get it?

I know you can do better.
Try to find specific elements which you can prove, via links and documentation, to be false. Or at least questionable or debatable....
...if you can.

For example, essentially the OP claims that President Obama
1. claimed that no useful info was obtained by extreme interrogation....seems he was wrong.

2. President Obama and his henchmen began the process of indictment of the interrogators, a process that would have ruined, bankrupt and even jailed the very folks who protected American during those darkest days....and now uses the info that they obtained to pad his resume.
Doesn't seem very noble, does it.

3. owes apologies all around.

There, did I help?

Go for it, BeatWithANightstick!

Waterboarding is NOT torture.. and for you titty babies who think so, get your pampers changed and grow a set..

I don't believe we've met before, LadyG...welcome to the board.

Couldn't agree more as to the nature of what is and what is not torture.

I've noted before that waterboarding is similar to the voluntary college game of chug-a-lug...

Now as for torture, this may be more illustrative:

"An incident recorded by the diarist Luca Landucci vividly illustrated the dangers awaiting those who threatened bodily harm to the leading citizens of the regime:

27th September [1481]. A certain hermit came to the house of Lorenzo de’ Medici at the Poggio a Caiano; and the servants declared that he intended to murder Lorenzo, so they took him and sent him to the Bargello, and he was put to the rack.

15th October. This hermit died at Santa Maria Novella, having been tortured in various ways. It was said that they skinned the soles of his feet, and then burnt them by holding them in the fire till the fat dripped off them; after which they set him upright and made him walk across the hall; and these things caused his death. Opinions were divided as to whether he were guilty or innocent."

From “Magnifico: The Brilliant Life and Violent Times of Lorenzo De Medici,” by Miles Unger, p. 227-228.

That's torture.

The most obvious fault is that the info was acquired while the detainees were in Poland and Romania and by conventional means, not torture!!!!! So it looks like Obama was Right all along!!!

So you can't debunk her. Gotcha.

Your rebuttal has all of the philosophical content and intellectual impact of “oh, yeah?”

Hey, DenseAsABrick, I realize that you must be so proud to have managed to string 16 or so words together, but you should begin to consider substance as well as form.

As I have entered into your remediation, I'll go on to point out that hyperbole as in your first sentence obviates anything else in the post.

Anyone who has been alert and followed the course of events over the last three or four years, and is able to post on the USMB, knows that the OP is factual, and, therefore, would discount anything else that you write.

Get it?

Try to find specific elements which you can prove, via links and documentation, to be false. Or at least questionable or debatable....
...if you can.

1. claimed that no useful info was obtained by extreme interrogation....seems he was wrong.

2. President Obama and his henchmen began the process of indictment of the interrogators, a process that would have ruined, bankrupt and even jailed the very folks who protected American during those darkest days....and now uses the info that they obtained to pad his resume.

There, did I help?

Actually, as I pointed out, Obama was 100% Right!!! You just can't admit you swallowed your MessiahRushie's bullshit.

The Washington Monthly

May 3, 2011
STANDARD INTERROGATION.... So far, Republican attempts to spin the killing of Osama bin Laden in the GOP's favor haven't gone well.
Like so many memes that persist in politics, this one started on the Internet. The morning after President Obama announced that Osama bin Laden had been killed in Pakistan, conservatives started crowing that credit should be given to President George W. Bush -- specifically, for having the foresight and courage to torture the people who provided the initial scraps of intel that ultimately led the CIA to a giant compound just north of Islamabad.
The most prominent of these conservatives was Rep. Steve King (R-IA), who took to Twitter to ask sardonically, "Wonder what President Obama thinks of water boarding now?"
The idea made the rounds yesterday based on one important piece of the larger puzzle: several years ago, intelligence agencies obtained the pseudonym of OBL's favorite courier from Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Abu Faraj al-Libi.
Republicans and like-minded activists -- including Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, assorted Tea Partiers, and others -- jumped to a conclusion: U.S. officials gained the information via torture.
Except, that's not what happened.
Donald Rumsfeld, of all people, threw cold water on the new talking point yesterday, noting that Bush-era torture policies weren't responsible for obtaining the information.
The Associated Press further set the record straight, reporting, "Mohammed did not reveal the names while being subjected to the simulated drowning technique known as waterboarding, former officials said. He identified them many months later under standard interrogation."
Brian Beutler added, "Thus, a big chunk of the rationale for giving the Bush credit for bin Laden's death falls apart. It took officials until Obama's presidency to locate this courier, and well into Obama's second year in office before they found the compound. Only then was the raid itself designed and, on Sunday, implemented."

Get it?

...if you can.

There, did I help?

Actually, as I pointed out, Obama was 100% Right!!! You just can't admit you swallowed your MessiahRushie's bullshit.

The Washington Monthly

May 3, 2011
STANDARD INTERROGATION.... So far, Republican attempts to spin the killing of Osama bin Laden in the GOP's favor haven't gone well.
Like so many memes that persist in politics, this one started on the Internet. The morning after President Obama announced that Osama bin Laden had been killed in Pakistan, conservatives started crowing that credit should be given to President George W. Bush -- specifically, for having the foresight and courage to torture the people who provided the initial scraps of intel that ultimately led the CIA to a giant compound just north of Islamabad.
The most prominent of these conservatives was Rep. Steve King (R-IA), who took to Twitter to ask sardonically, "Wonder what President Obama thinks of water boarding now?"
The idea made the rounds yesterday based on one important piece of the larger puzzle: several years ago, intelligence agencies obtained the pseudonym of OBL's favorite courier from Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Abu Faraj al-Libi.
Republicans and like-minded activists -- including Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, assorted Tea Partiers, and others -- jumped to a conclusion: U.S. officials gained the information via torture.
Donald Rumsfeld, of all people, threw cold water on the new talking point yesterday, noting that Bush-era torture policies weren't responsible for obtaining the information.
The Associated Press further set the record straight, reporting, "Mohammed did not reveal the names while being subjected to the simulated drowning technique known as waterboarding, former officials said. He identified them many months later under standard interrogation."
Brian Beutler added, "Thus, a big chunk of the rationale for giving the Bush credit for bin Laden's death falls apart. It took officials until Obama's presidency to locate this courier, and well into Obama's second year in office before they found the compound. Only then was the raid itself designed and, on Sunday, implemented."

You know what they say, close only counts in horseshoes, handgrenades and dancing...but your post is also, sort of close.

Wrong, but sort of close.

Must I constantly help you see the light???

Check this out, FredTheCricket:

1. Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld:
“CIA Director Panetta indicated that one of the individuals who provided important information had in fact been waterboarded… There was some confusion today on some programs, even one on FOX I think, suggesting that I indicated that no one who was waterboarded at Guantanamo provided any information on this. It’s not true. No one was waterboarded at Guantanamo by the US military. In fact no one was waterboarded at Guantanamo period. Three people were waterboarded by the CIA away from Guantanamo and then later were brought to Guantanamo. And, in fact, as you pointed out the information from these individuals was critically important.”
Sorry Lefties… Rumsfeld Says Waterboarding Led US to Osama Bin Laden (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDcbiZBwdzw&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Sorry Lefties... Rumsfeld Says Waterboarding Led US to Osama[/ame]

2. WASHINGTON — Intelligence garnered from waterboarded detainees was used to track down al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden and kill him, CIA Chief Leon Panetta told NBC News on Tuesday.

“Enhanced interrogation techniques” were used to extract information that led to the mission’s success, Panetta said during an interview with anchor Brian Williams. Those techniques included waterboarding, he acknowledged.
Panetta, who in a 2009 CIA confirmation hearing declared “water-boarding is torture and it’s wrong,” said Tuesday that debate about its use will continue.

Panetta’s comments hours after Attorney General Eric Holder defended as lawful Tuesday the intelligence gathering and raid that resulted in the death of al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.
Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » CIA Chief Leon Panetta: Yes, Intelligence From Waterboarded Detainees Was Used to Track Down Bin Laden…

Now, let's proceed to the part that explains what happened to the folks who are easily manipulated...that would be you and GT, I guess....

3." But one Democratic communications hand sent advice to a slew of other Democratic operatives in the wake of the announcement hammering on the need to make sure Obama comes out on top.

“In your day jobs, do not let Republicans turn this into continuing the Bush legacy. This has to be about Obama’s decisive leadership,” the guidance said. “He is the one who oversaw bringing bin Laden to justice, much like how Bush failed to do so at Tora Bora and then claimed Osama wasn’t a priority.”

For Democrats, the argument is critical because they don’t want to let credibility on national security issues slip back into their post-Vietnam home in the Republican Party. And they need to fight the insinuation, fed by recent NATO action in Libya that one official characterized as “leading from behind,” that Obama is a weak leader."The next front: Claiming credit for Osama bin Laden's death - Kasie Hunt and Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

Get that? That's you there're aiming to confuse...er, convince.
Worked, huh?

Stop crying....you're not the only lefties that were made to look really, really dumb.
You'll bounce back....after all...

...you prove that you're never too old to learn something dumb.

BTW, I heard an interview with Richard Miniter, his book "Mastermind," is coming out today...and his evidence was that KSM was waterboarded, and sang like a birdie for a year!

Get it?

...if you can.

There, did I help?

The Washington Monthly

May 3, 2011

You know what they say, close only counts in horseshoes, handgrenades and dancing...but your post is also, sort of close.

“CIA Director Panetta indicated that one of the individuals who provided important information had in fact been waterboarded… There was some confusion today on some programs, even one on FOX I think, suggesting that I indicated that no one who was waterboarded at Guantanamo provided any information on this. It’s not true. No one was waterboarded at Guantanamo by the US military. In fact no one was waterboarded at Guantanamo period. Three people were waterboarded by the CIA away from Guantanamo and then later were brought to Guantanamo. And, in fact, as you pointed out the information from these individuals was critically important.”
Sorry Lefties… Rumsfeld Says Waterboarding Led US to Osama Bin Laden (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDcbiZBwdzw&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Sorry Lefties... Rumsfeld Says Waterboarding Led US to Osama[/ame]

2. WASHINGTON — Intelligence garnered from waterboarded detainees was used to track down al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden and kill him, CIA Chief Leon Panetta told NBC News on Tuesday.

“Enhanced interrogation techniques” were used to extract information that led to the mission’s success, Panetta said during an interview with anchor Brian Williams. Those techniques included waterboarding, he acknowledged.
Panetta, who in a 2009 CIA confirmation hearing declared “water-boarding is torture and it’s wrong,” said Tuesday that debate about its use will continue.

Panetta’s comments hours after Attorney General Eric Holder defended as lawful Tuesday the intelligence gathering and raid that resulted in the death of al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.
Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » CIA Chief Leon Panetta: Yes, Intelligence From Waterboarded Detainees Was Used to Track Down Bin Laden…

Now, let's proceed to the part that explains what happened to the folks who are easily manipulated...that would be you and GT, I guess....

3." But one Democratic communications hand sent advice to a slew of other Democratic operatives in the wake of the announcement hammering on the need to make sure Obama comes out on top.

“In your day jobs, do not let Republicans turn this into continuing the Bush legacy. This has to be about Obama’s decisive leadership,” the guidance said. “He is the one who oversaw bringing bin Laden to justice, much like how Bush failed to do so at Tora Bora and then claimed Osama wasn’t a priority.”

For Democrats, the argument is critical because they don’t want to let credibility on national security issues slip back into their post-Vietnam home in the Republican Party. And they need to fight the insinuation, fed by recent NATO action in Libya that one official characterized as “leading from behind,” that Obama is a weak leader."The next front: Claiming credit for Osama bin Laden's death - Kasie Hunt and Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

Worked, huh?

Stop crying....you're not the only lefties that were made to look really, really dumb.

BTW, I heard an interview with Richard Miniter, his book "Mastermind," is coming out today...and his evidence was that KSM was waterboarded, and sang like a birdie for a year!
Don't you ever get tired of making a fool of yourself.

The CIA, who did the interrogations, said that they didn't get the crucial info, namely the name of the courier, until well AFTER the waterboarding of KSM stopped. The CIA say they got it by conventional means.

Remember KSM was caught March 1, 2003 and even using your phony time line of being waterboarded for a year, that only brings us to 2004 and the crucial name was not gotten until 2005!!!!!!!

Clues Gradually Led to the Location of Osama bin Laden - NYTimes.com

By 2005, many inside the C.I.A. had reached the conclusion that the Bin Laden hunt had grown cold, and the agency’s top clandestine officer ordered an overhaul of the agency’s counterterrorism operations. The result was Operation Cannonball, a bureaucratic reshuffling that placed more C.I.A. case officers on the ground in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

With more agents in the field, the C.I.A. finally got the courier’s family name. With that, they turned to one of their greatest investigative tools — the National Security Agency began intercepting telephone calls and e-mail messages between the man’s family and anyone inside Pakistan. From there they got his full name.
Last July, Pakistani agents working for the C.I.A. spotted him driving his vehicle near Peshawar. When, after weeks of surveillance, he drove to the sprawling compound in Abbottabad, American intelligence operatives felt they were onto something big, perhaps even Bin Laden himself. It was hardly the spartan cave in the mountains that many had envisioned as his hiding place. Rather, it was a three-story house ringed by 12-foot-high concrete walls, topped with barbed wire and protected by two security fences. He was, said Mr. Brennan, the White House official, “hiding in plain sight.”

From the information that has been made public, enhanced interrogations under the Bush Admin. did indeed harvest information that sequentially lead to the location of UBL.
What Rumsfeld even further explained- that the information garnered was not always immediate. Sometimes it took months after waterboarding, or the info would be slowly letted by the prisoners....after being subjected to enhanced interrogation. The psychological distress of being put on a leash like a dog, with pyjamas on and made to bark......many anguishly revealed info over and after sometimes long periods of time.
Starting in 2004, vital knowledge was aquired under the Bush Admin. and operations.
It was a well done call for Pres. Obama to advance the info, and eventually lead to the termination of UBL.
I do hope, Obama does not use the death of UBL as a campaign gesture to continue his political ambitions. Noting that G.Bush declined Obama's invitation to ground zero....because it is Bush's intent to quietly reminisce and remember with others at ground zero on the Anniversary.

The Washington Monthly

May 3, 2011

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDcbiZBwdzw&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Sorry Lefties... Rumsfeld Says Waterboarding Led US to Osama[/ame]

Worked, huh?

Don't you ever get tired of making a fool of yourself.

The CIA, who did the interrogations, said that they didn't get the crucial info, namely the name of the courier, until well AFTER the waterboarding of KSM stopped. The CIA say they got it by conventional means.

Remember KSM was caught March 1, 2003 and even using your phony time line of being waterboarded for a year, that only brings us to 2004 and the crucial name was not gotten until 2005!!!!!!!

Clues Gradually Led to the Location of Osama bin Laden - NYTimes.com

By 2005, many inside the C.I.A. had reached the conclusion that the Bin Laden hunt had grown cold, and the agency’s top clandestine officer ordered an overhaul of the agency’s counterterrorism operations. The result was Operation Cannonball, a bureaucratic reshuffling that placed more C.I.A. case officers on the ground in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

With more agents in the field, the C.I.A. finally got the courier’s family name. With that, they turned to one of their greatest investigative tools — the National Security Agency began intercepting telephone calls and e-mail messages between the man’s family and anyone inside Pakistan. From there they got his full name.
Last July, Pakistani agents working for the C.I.A. spotted him driving his vehicle near Peshawar. When, after weeks of surveillance, he drove to the sprawling compound in Abbottabad, American intelligence operatives felt they were onto something big, perhaps even Bin Laden himself. It was hardly the spartan cave in the mountains that many had envisioned as his hiding place. Rather, it was a three-story house ringed by 12-foot-high concrete walls, topped with barbed wire and protected by two security fences. He was, said Mr. Brennan, the White House official, “hiding in plain sight.”

Rumsfeld and Panetta....google 'em if you don't know who they are.

Then wipe the egg off your face.

So, no torture was involved....just waterboarding!

Forum List

Back