You love meeeeeeeeee
We're a happy familyyyyyyyy
With a great big kiss
And a hug from me to youuuuuuuu
Won't you say
You love me toooooooo.
:cheers2:

-=d=- said:
..then you would know the Crusades were about White people defending Israel from Attacking Muslims.

Islam spread from its birthplace in Saudi Arabia. By 1095, Muslim territory included land where Jesus Christ lived. Christians warriors believed that only Christians should control that land. The Crusades were a series of wars initiated by Christians to take land by violent force from Muslims.

So who attacked first - and what does it matter?

The "White people" were not defending Israel against the attacks by Muslims to any greater degree than were Muslims defending themselves from the attacking "Christians". Throughout much of its early history, Muslims allowed non-Muslims to coexist with them. They even gave refuge to those who were being religiously persecuted in other lands. More often than not, the European Christians were the ones who refused to honor the notion of "live and let live".

Naturally there were people who didn't follow the dictates of the Koran. Yet, even the Koran makes it compulsory for Muslims to be kind and just to non-Muslims. It instructs its followers to avoid conflict and to be forgiving.

I am not going to get into a lengthy debate over the Crusades. You have your interpretation and I have mine. I am not going to put the evils of Muslims and the evils of non-Muslims on a scale to try to determine which religion is more evil. My point is simply that it would be nice if we could bury the past and practice what the Torah, Bible, and Koran seem to attempt to promote: Peace.

mattskramer said:
Islam spread from its birthplace in Saudi Arabia. By 1095, Muslim territory included land where Jesus Christ lived. Christians warriors believed that only Christians should control that land. The Crusades were a series of wars initiated by Christians to take land by violent force from Muslims.

The "White people" were not defending Israel against the attacks by Muslims to any greater degree than were Muslims defending themselves from the attacking "Christians". Throughout much of its early history, Muslims allowed non-Muslims to coexist with them. They even gave refuge to those who were being religiously persecuted in other lands. More often than not, the European Christians were the ones who refused to honor the notion of "live and let live".

Naturally there were people who didn't follow the dictates of the Koran. Yet, even the Koran makes it compulsory for Muslims to be kind and just to non-Muslims. It instructs its followers to avoid conflict and to be forgiving.

I am not going to get into a lengthy debate over the Crusades. You have your interpretation and I have mine. I am not going to put the evils of Muslims and the evils of non-Muslims on a scale to try to determine which religion is more evil. My point is simply that it would be nice if we could bury the past and practice what the Torah, Bible, and Koran seem to attempt to promote: Peace.

Now lets move forward in History 101...say the Ottoman Empire Crusade... to spread Islam through force... from Turkey to Europe...and what about the continued burning of Christian Churches by Muslims in Serbia after Billy Bob freed them from so called Christian persecution...well I will be waiting for your reply! :cof:

Shattered said:
I love youuuuuuuu
You love meeeeeeeeee
We're a happy familyyyyyyyy
With a great big kiss
And a hug from me to youuuuuuuu
Won't you say
You love me toooooooo.
:cheers2:

:rotflmao: :beer:

Christians are responsible for some of the most reprehensible crimes in current society -- rapes, murders, torture, drunk driving deaths, etc. Lots of hate crimes as well.
Should be hunt them all down and kill them?

Gabriella84 said:
Christians are responsible for some of the most reprehensible crimes in current society -- rapes, murders, torture, drunk driving deaths, etc. Lots of hate crimes as well.

What is a hate crime? Spare me the media defined version, I am looking for the GabbyDefined version. We don't need to hunt them down, that's what cops are for. As to killing them, some need it, that's why Texas is such an awesome place.

Gabriella84 said:

Other Christians have already done that--shhhhhhhhhh

Gabriella84 said:

:wtf:

:cuckoo:

You have got to be kidding me. Please elaborate on this one.

mattskramer said:

Matt... you say you like to be objective, yet you are doing what you ask others not to do. You are taking one version of the history of Muslims and Christians and accepting it as fact. Of course the Muslims took in other being persecuted... they took them in as long as they promised to convert to Islam.

Try reading this thread and then let us all have an honest and open discussion about the history of the region and it's problems. You brought this subject up, so I hope you don't run away and ignore an opposing and compelling view....

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=231507&postcount=1

gop_jeff said:
:wtf:

:cuckoo:

You have got to be kidding me. Please elaborate on this one.
She ignores the fact that if people are doing these things, they are NOT true Christians.

There are so many in this country that call themselves Christian, but all it means to them is that their parents, grandparents, etc. considered themselves Christians and now so do their offspring. Being a Christian means seriously attempting (I say attempting, because NOBODY is perfect and EVERYBODY sins) to live the life Christ directed us to live.

Okay. Perhaps I should read more about the details concerning the Crusades. My main point was that I hope that we don't equate the religion of Islam with the terrorism committed my people or groups who claim to be Muslim (followers of Islam).

mattskramer said:
Okay. Perhaps I should read more about the details concerning the Crusades. My main point was that I hope that we don't equate the religion of Islam with the terrorism committed my people or groups who claim to be Muslim (followers of Islam).

No, not all Muslims are suicide bombing Jihadis. I wonder how many peaceful Muslims approve of what they are doing? Someone should do a study.

Said1 said:
No, not all Muslims are suicide bombing Jihadis. I wonder how many peaceful Muslims approve of what they are doing? Someone should do a study.

so you want to know how many peaceful muslims are pro violence?

mattskramer said:

if they are committing thier acts against the infidels in the name of alah, and the teachings of islam and the koran ...... which their video tapes clearly show that is what they are doing......not to mention OBL's video tape where he declared war on the west in the name of alah.....what would you like me to conclude....

manu1959 said:
if they are committing thier acts against the infidels in the name of alah, and the teachings of islam and the koran ...... which their video tapes clearly show that is what they are doing......not to mention OBL's video tape where he declared war on the west in the name of alah.....what would you like me to conclude....

I'd like for you to actually read the Koran - its passages in context - and actually communicate with Muslims. The Koran, as a whole, does not condone the terrorists acts. OBL is as much a Muslim as Jim Jones was a Christian.

mattskramer said:
I'd like for you to actually read the Koran - its passages in context - and actually communicate with Muslims. The Koran, as a whole, does not condone the terrorists acts. OBL is as much a Muslim as Jim Jones was a Christian.

your arrogance is only exceeded by how presemtious you are.....what leads you to belive that i have not read it and have not discussed this at length...further, how does anything i wrote become invalidated if i am compeltly ignorant....thae fact is the terrorists themseves say they are doingit in the name of alah the koran and islam...are they liars? are they really doing it in the name of cuck e cheze?

archangel said:
If matt has the stomache for it he should go to:
www.michaelsavage.com scroll down to the XXX videos on Islam beheadings...he may just wake up!

I've been there and seen that. I've also seen sites of Christian and Jewish brutality. I've also seen Muslim sites that condem such acts as those selected and placed on the Savage web site. Yawn.

mattskramer said:
I've been there and seen that. I've also seen sites of Christian and Jewish brutality. I've also seen Muslim sites that condem such acts as those selected and placed on the Savage web site. Yawn.

all true but your point was we should not " equate the religion of Islam with the terrorism " if the terrorist are saying that is their motivation what choice do we have but to agree with their self proclaimed nexus?

Forum List

Back