"Can't We All Get Along?" - Apparently, Rodney Still Doesn't Know How

Hagbard Celine said:
But battered wife syndrome comes from being battered. So killing the guy would still be in self defense and therefore justified.

The problem with battered wife syndrome is that it's hard to prove unless there has been documentation in photos and police reports. That's a good lesson to keep in mind ladies. Don't put up with any physical abuse ever. Document it and file a police report and hold it over the c*cksucker's head for the rest of his life if you have to. There are enough gorillas living in the zoos, we don't have to put up with them living among us.

And for god's sake, don't live with an abusive sh*thead. Move out, get a divorce and a restraining order.

you dont believe you can be mentally battered? say as in mental abuse? im sure Archangel has seen his share of mentally battered women... well im going to say spouses not just women, but it is typically women.

Sure, mental battery is a reality. But it doesn't excuse physical violence because there are other smarter and more peaceful ways to deal with it.

Johnney said:
you dont believe you can be mentally battered? say as in mental abuse? im sure Archangel has seen his share of mentally battered women... well im going to say spouses not just women, but it is typically women.

After many years of responding to domestic abuse I found for the most part mental abuse was about equal...and men are more powerful so when they hit back it is usually more severe....sometimes women do instigate the physical abuse by mental abuse and also hit first...In a perfect world all would just walk away...but human emotion is a powerful thing! :coffee3:

Hagbard Celine said:
Sure, mental battery is a reality. But it doesn't excuse physical violence because there are other smarter and more peaceful ways to deal with it.
i think your missing what im trying to convey. breaking someones mind after years of mental abuse will do strange things to people. the abused will think totally diffferent. its ground into their heads that this is going to happen, they know for certain its going to happen.

dont they have it in your country? not trying to be a dick or anything, just wondering

Yeah, I live in the US. I've heard of mental battery. But what does that have to do with physical battery? Are you asking if I think mental battery could provoke a person to violence against the batterer? The answer is "of course." It's been documented in many cases where a woman kills her husband and then claims that the husband mentally abused her and drove her to kill him out of fear for her own life.

The key phrase here is "fear for her own life." So if an array of mental battery totally conviced someone that their life was at stake, then I think they would have a good argument that they were forced to kill out of self defense. This would be totally morally justified, but, like physical battery, it would be hard to prove without evidence to support the claims. You'd have to have recordings, journal entries, or witnesses to prove a claim like that. And even then, I think a "man slaughter" conviction might still be a just punishment for a person like this because unless they were actually being attacked at the time they chose to defend themselves (in which case it would just be a cut and dry self defense case), they would still have set out to commit murder. It's mighty complex and ugly.

Hagbard Celine said:
Yeah, I live in the US. I've heard of mental battery. But what does that have to do with physical battery? Are you asking if I think mental battery could provoke a person to violence against the batterer? The answer is "of course." It's been documented in many cases where a woman kills her husband and then claims that the husband mentally abused her and drove her to kill him out of fear for her own life.

The key phrase here is "fear for her own life." So if an array of mental battery totally conviced someone that their life was at stake, then I think they would have a good argument that they were forced to kill out of self defense. This would be totally morally justified, but, like physical battery, it would be hard to prove without evidence to support the claims. You'd have to have recordings, journal entries, or witnesses to prove a claim like that. And even then, I think a "man slaughter" conviction might still be a just punishment for a person like this because unless they were actually being attacked at the time they chose to defend themselves (in which case it would just be a cut and dry self defense case), they would still have set out to commit murder. It's mighty complex and ugly.

true enough! if it was all documented, then it should be too big of a case. if not, its going to be a tough road.

It looks like Rodney has a bad case of 'Battered Idiot's Syndrome'.

Some of the symptoms are:

1. You can say anything you want and get in the news.
2. You tell people on the news to do what you are unwilling to do and then go and do the opposite...

I hear that a prescription of "shut the f**k up" when filled properly can solve this problem.

no1tovote4 said:
It looks like Rodney has a bad case of 'Battered Idiot's Syndrome'.

Some of the symptoms are:

1. You can say anything you want and get in the news.
2. You tell people on the news to do what you are unwilling to do and then go and do the opposite...

I hear that a prescription of "shut the f**k up" when filled properly can solve this problem.
when filled properly? how about when taken properly

archangel said:
What would anyone do when they caught their spouse engadged in a act of this type...well speaking from experience...many decades ago I walked in on my first wife in the same situation... as related in this post...at the time I worked for LAPD...when the young man hurriedly got out of the bed I threw him a hard right...he went sailing into a rocking chair my wifes dad had given us..it broke on impact..I started to laugh as I did not like the chair or my father-in-law.
The young man said...I did not know she was married...I apologized to him and threw him $20.00 and told him to go get a good piece..I told her to pack her shit and get...Justice was served! :halo:

Did you have to pay alimony or a settlement?

Forum List

Back