"Can't We All Get Along?" - Apparently, Rodney Still Doesn't Know How

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
RIALTO, Calif. — Rodney King, whose videotaped beating by Los Angeles police led to deadly riots in 1992, was arrested after he allegedly threatened his daughter and ex-girlfriend, police said.

King, 40, was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of making criminal threats. He was being held on $25,000 bail.

He was accused of threatening to kill his 23-year-old daughter, Candace, and her mother, Carmen Simpson, after the two got in a fight with King's current girlfriend, Dawn Jean. All three women live in King's home.

The daughter, who called police, said King was armed with a handgun, but it turned out to be a toy, according to authorities.

King's videotaped beating after he was stopped for speeding shocked the nation when it was shown repeatedly on television newscasts. After the four white police officers charged in the beating were acquitted of most charges, Los Angeles erupted in riots that left 55 people dead and caused $1 billion in property damage.

King sued the city for the beating, eventually settling for $3.8 million.

Since the beating, he has had a string of run-ins with the law. He walks with a limp since a 2003 accident in which he lost control of his car, crashed into a house at 100 mph and shattered his pelvis.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,170852,00.html

What an idiot this guy is. Nobody deserves to get beaten like he did, but that doesn't in any way excuse him from threatening three women.

Hagbard Celine said:
What an idiot this guy is. Nobody deserves to get beaten like he did, but that doesn't in any way excuse him from threatening two women.

Maybe they are bitches...and deserve the threat. (shrug)

I don't know man, I hate seeing men beat up on women. Unless they're pointing a gun at your nuts, there are always other ways to settle your differences.

Hagbard Celine said:
I don't know man, I hate seeing men beat up on women. Unless they're pointing a gun at your nuts, there are always other ways to settle your differences.

You've obviously never lived with a nagging woman. Only a few things bother me...Nuclear War...Carnies...and Women who fight, hit, yell and scream, only to play the victim when they get smacked.

I know a guy who walked in on his wife and another man. He smacked her. SHE called police, and had him arrested.

:-/

dmp said:
You've obviously never lived with a nagging woman. Only a few things bother me...Nuclear War...Carnies...and Women who fight, hit, yell and scream, only to play the victim when they get smacked.

I know a guy who walked in on his wife and another man. He smacked her. SHE called police, and had him arrested.

:-/

..because he assaulted her...

Hagbard Celine said:
What an idiot this guy is. Nobody deserves to get beaten like he did, but that doesn't in any way excuse him from threatening three women.

Actually, if ANYONE ever deserved a beating like that it IS this moron...

Obviously, however, the beating didn't help long-term as he is still very much an idiot...

dmp said:
...because she deserved it

(shrug).

She 'assulted him' emotional. He was defending himself.

Yes, but physical assault is illegal. Emotional assault is not. Sleeping around isn't a crime.

Hagbard Celine said:
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." -Mahatma Gandhi

Okay then.

darinshrug.gif

And?

Hagbard Celine said:
But does emotional damage ever warrant the use of violence?
id say so. if he told her everytime he saw her that he was going to kill her, after some time that would set in. she would actually believe that after a period of time and be scared for real that he was going to kill her

But it would only be violence if she set out to hunt him down. Defending herself from an attack would be an entirely different story. And terroristic threats aren't violence, they are a threat of violence. See the diff? Hahaha. Sorry.

Hagbard Celine said:
But it would only be violence if she set out to hunt him down. Defending herself from an attack would be an entirely different story. And terroristic threats aren't violence, they are a threat of violence. See the diff? Hahaha. Sorry.
but if shes brainwashed, its real in her mind. and if given the chance shes going to protect herself.

Forum List

Back