Can't the popularity of Fox News be explained by the distribution of intelligence of the population?

See, the average IQ is 100. That means most people who watch the news are of average intelligence or below. These people tend to turn to Fox News which is a network that puts everything in simple black and white terms: Obama is 100% incompetent and republicans are 100% blameless. It does not overload viewers with too many pesky facts or nuance. Everything is simplified. This, of course, will attract dumb/average people. That, to me, explains why such bullshit propaganda is so popular: too many sheep watch it.

You have proved that you don't watch Fox at all because none of that statement is true.
Especially the part where 100% Obama incompetent and 100% republicans blameless. They have libs who defend Obama on his point of views and they have shows that puts down the republicans with their points of views.

Some things are black and white while others can have shades of grey.
It is the libs who can't seem to see that there are some things that are black and white and not that everything has just grey.
I've seen plenty of Fox. They create the illusion of being fair by putting a single liberal on a panel of like 4 conservatives which in reality drowns out the liberal voice completely. It's even worse when the Fox News puppet known as Sean Hannity never let's any liberal talk for more than 15 seconds at a time.

769b9ccefa286dd04d42a3f3aaf056b3473c05a642289952e91081d616d86a95.jpg

I've seen plenty of Fox.
..... This, of course, will attract dumb/average people
Surely you know the difference between being a regular viewer and seeing enough of it to form an informed opinion of it?
Do you?

Your entire op is a worthless lie, you then tried to back peddle with this later post.

I doubt you could make an informed opinion. Its above your pay grade

I've seen plenty of Fox.
Surely you know the difference between being a regular viewer and seeing enough of it to form an informed opinion of it?
Do you?

Your entire op is a worthless lie, you then tried to back peddle with this later post.

Nothing about that is back pedaling. Obviously you don't know what it is. I'm not surprised though. You do like Fox News.

“The demographics race we’re losing badly,” said Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (S.C.). “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”
--Washington Post, August 29, 2012

The largest single demographic in the country. Fox knows it's target audience and caters to the fear that is needed to fuel the anger.

I've seen plenty of Fox.
Do you?

Nothing about that is back pedaling. Obviously you don't know what it is. I'm not surprised though. You do like Fox News.

""The most competent individuals also tend to underestimate their ability, while incompetent people overestimate it. Not out of arrogance, but of ignorance—the worst performers often don't get negative feedback."

Average Americans Think They re Smarter Than the Average American - NationalJournal.com

Remember when the Fox lineup was O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck, and Huckabee? Apparently neither do right wingers! :laugh:
I remember when it was O'Reilly, Greta, and Hannity. I don't remember Beck ever being on during primetime and Huckabee is only on weekends.

Beck was on at 5 p.m every day for 2-3 years. You're right about Huckabee though.

Actually being informed is more important than I.Q.

Fox News is not relevant to either of those concepts.
Most of the youth vote are the most misinformed voters in America. If they watch the Daily Show or MSNBC they tend to not even hear about world events. Many couldn't even remember who the VP was or the Speaker of the House, didn't know a thing about ISIS, and he serious problems understanding current events.

Most of the youth vote are the most misinformed voters in America. If they watch the Daily Show or MSNBC they tend to not even hear about world events. Many couldn't even remember who the VP was or the Speaker of the House, didn't know a thing about ISIS, and he serious problems understanding current events.

I promise you "the youth" are not watching MSNBC. Hopefully not Fox News either.

Remember when the Fox lineup was O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck, and Huckabee? Apparently neither do right wingers! :laugh:
I remember when it was O'Reilly, Greta, and Hannity. I don't remember Beck ever being on during primetime and Huckabee is only on weekends.

Beck was on at 5 p.m every day for 2-3 years. You're right about Huckabee though.
I know he was, but his show was on early and was over before most people got off from work. It started at 4pm Central Time.

I promise you "the youth" are not watching MSNBC. Hopefully not Fox News either.
If they did they wouldn't be so misinformed.

MSNBC is crap. Fox simply presents the news in an entertaining manner. So does the Daily Show, only Fox doesn't intentionally misrepresent events.

Forum List

Back