Can't Sleep at Night? Try One of these.

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
4A658E0300000578-0-image-a-2_1521626231800.jpg

I doubt I would personally try any of these. I can't sleep more than 2 hours at a time but that's because I've got weak kidneys and a prostate that doesn't cooperate. Perhaps one of these will help someone out there on this forum.

Green, Black, and White Tea (Never heard of White Tea)

Camomile

Cinnamon

Ginger

Liquorice

Passionfruit

Lucuma

Lemon, Lime, and Blood Orange

https://d384u2mq2suvbq.cloudfront.n...nal/Blood-Orange-Fragrance-Oil.jpg?1486557369 (I don't think I've ever seen one in the stores)

Baobab

To read more about them, go to Rick Hay reveals 11 foods proven to help you sleep | Daily Mail Online

And another green sleep aid:
glenlivet-12-year-old-speyside-single-malt-scotch__26264.1496360854.220.220.jpg

You know, I prefer Dalmore single malt 12 year old Scotch. It has more of those subtle flavors than Glenlivet.
They sure can taste different. My brothers and I had a single malt tasting night a while back and the variety of tastes was amazing.

Um, as I recall. Kind of.

Still a Glenlivet guy, though.

You know, I prefer Dalmore single malt 12 year old Scotch. It has more of those subtle flavors than Glenlivet.
They sure can taste different. My brothers and I had a single malt tasting night a while back and the variety of tastes was amazing.

Gimmie a nice Dalmore with some soda water and a decent cigar, and I'm sitting well.

Follow that up with some of the "greens", and I'm in Heaven.

Gimmie a nice Dalmore with some soda water and a decent cigar, and I'm sitting well.

Follow that up with some of the "greens", and I'm in Heaven.
I have a very wealthy client who likes to sit in his hot tub with a triple Laphroaig and a can of Macadamia nuts, sending me goofy texts.

:laugh:

Melatonin.

You're absolutely correct. Every time I deployed overseas, we lost an hour each day going east, and when we came home, we gained an hour each night crossing the Atlantic. And, there were some funky time zone changes in the Med as well.

Every deployment I bought a bottle of Melatonin, and would take one pill each night before bed when there were time zone changes. Helped to reset my clock and I got a decent nights sleep.

Melatonin was one of those "have to haves" for deployment for me.

Melatonin.

You're absolutely correct. Every time I deployed overseas, we lost an hour each day going east, and when we came home, we gained an hour each night crossing the Atlantic. And, there were some funky time zone changes in the Med as well.

Every deployment I bought a bottle of Melatonin, and would take one pill each night before bed when there were time zone changes. Helped to reset my clock and I got a decent nights sleep.

Melatonin was one of those "have to haves" for deployment for me.

The wife brought some home a few months ago that were 10mg,most are 5mg or less.
Having never taken them I took a whole one....
Woke up with a wet bed!
Of course the first thing that came to mind was I pissed the bed but there was no urine smell and the empty bottle gave it away.
Apparently I got a drink and fell back asleep with the bottle in my hand.

Yeah, it will put you out quick, but it's excellent for resetting your circadian clock when you change time zones. And, if you fly from one country to the other, take one at whatever normal bedtime is for the area you have arrived in, and when you wake up the next morning, you will be "reset".

I don't think consuming caffeine (tea) will help most people fall asleep more easily.

I don't think consuming caffeine (tea) will help most people fall asleep more easily.

HereWeGoAgain and I were talking about melatonin, not caffine.
I was referring to the OP- reply was wonky at the time.

Not a problem. By the way, there are certain kinds of teas that don't contain any caffine. I used to drink a camomille tea from Celestial Seasonings called "Sleepy Time Tea", and it worked pretty well.

HereWeGoAgain and I were talking about melatonin, not caffine.
I was referring to the OP- reply was wonky at the time.

Not a problem. By the way, there are certain kinds of teas that don't contain any caffine. I used to drink a camomille tea from Celestial Seasonings called "Sleepy Time Tea", and it worked pretty well.
the OP mentioned Green, Black, and White Tea- those are all actual tea from the tea plant.

The cited article actually doesn't recommend those teas but an ingredient that tea contains.

Forum List

Back