Can't Play Videos/Games on Internet. Halp.

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
Youtube just brings up a black box; some games don't display (Mahjongg doesn't but Yahoo Gin does).

Have updated: Adobe Flash, Adobe Shockwave Flash, QuickTime, Adobe Reader, Java

Tried clearing the history of cookies and cache. Restarted, rebooted.

Still no go.

What am I missing?

Sorry, can't help on this one, don't do online games so I have no idea, never had to learn how to fix it.

Do a safe mode virus scan...a long shot. probably not the issue.
First thing I would do is install a different browser and see what that does...like Chrome.

That was happening to me for the past couple of days and I tried everything from messing with my add-ons and adblock...finally I downloaded the latest version of firefox and that fixed the problem for me.

That was happening to me for the past couple of days and I tried everything from messing with my add-ons and adblock...finally I downloaded the latest version of firefox and that fixed the problem for me.

I thought of this too except the version I'm running now (8.0.1) allows me to also use an add-on called 'Any Color' so I can change the background color and text of drop down menus. That add-on is no longer supported so if I update I lose it. :mad: My eyes totally prefer darker background/lighter letters. Am trying to figure out a fix without updating. Hmmm. . .

@ Ringel -- no advice on any other programs to check out? By videos I mean youtube -- just get a black box. Have been checking youtube's help section and have updated what they recommend but it's still not working. Don't know about things like tv shows or movies, haven't tried that.

I even turned off 'ad block' on everything to see if that helps. :eek: How does anyone put up with all that crap? lol

So after spending much of the day trying to figure out what was causing me to not be able to play youtube vids and certain games, after upgrading everything that I could think of (except FireFox), I did even more searching on the Mozilla forums and discovered that the latest Adobe Flash upgrade (upgrade 11.3.xxxx) which was released on 6/21/12, was causing problems. So I uninstalled that and downgraded to 10.3 and waaalaaa! All is working as it should.

Well aren't I just fandamtastic? :lol: Just passing the info along in case anyone else was experiencing similar problems.