Cant make this up.. Bush flips on Iran talks...

But I think it's throwing away your vote to vote for someone who has no shot.

Not that I'd mind a massive repub exodus to Bob Barr. :D

Yep, but there will never be another party that has a shot unless we start voting for them today. Kinda a paradox eh.

I should make you happy then, as I will be voting for Bob Barr. Hopefully enough of Us will and he will get the needed 5% of the vote to gain matching funds, Access to ballots, and debates needed to start down the road to being a viable alternative to the Dems and Reps.

But I think it's throwing away your vote to vote for someone who has no shot.

Not that I'd mind a massive repub exodus to Bob Barr. :D

I disagree. If you keep voting for whatever turkey they give you to vote for, what incentive do they have to stop putting up turkeys and give you someone decent to vote for?

I wasn't a big fan of HW Bush after his first term, but I voted for him anyway.

I was never a fan of Dole, but I voted for him anyway.

I was never a fan of GW Bush, but I voted for him anyway.

I'm sick of it. I really, really never liked McCain and I just will not do it. If it damns the country to Obama, so be it. Maybe if the Libertarians poll 10-20% in the election, it will send a message.

I disagree. If you keep voting for whatever turkey they give you to vote for, what incentive do they have to stop putting up turkeys and give you someone decent to vote for?

I'm sick of it. I really, really never liked McCain and I just will not do it. If it damns the country to Obama, so be it. Maybe if the Libertarians poll 10-20% in the election, it will send a message.

What I have been saying all along. I damn well would send a message. the Message being return to your roots or DIE as a party.

See the Republicans are not even the first party to drive me away. I was once a card carrying Democrat. Back when they still had a brain and were not pulled around by the nose, by the left.

It's fair of you to disagree. I understand. But I ask myself which person will less damage the things that matter to me. I couldn't in good conscience cast a vote for McCain and I couldn't in good conscience cast a vote that would help him.

I suspect it depends on whether the things that matter to you can be so damaged in the short run that one can't afford to take a more long term view. For me, that's the case.

It's fair of you to disagree. I understand. But I ask myself which person will less damage the things that matter to me. I couldn't in good conscience cast a vote for McCain and I couldn't in good conscience cast a vote that would help him.

I suspect it depends on whether the things that matter to you can be so damaged in the short run that one can't afford to take a more long term view. For me, that's the case.

Yep and as long as Americans keep thinking that way, your choice will always be limited to who will do the least damage, and never include someone who might actually do some good.

Last edited:
Bush has changed his postion on global warming, negotiating with North Korea, and now negotiating with Iran. Maybe he has learned something.

My favorite Bush moment was when they asked him what he had learned from his first term in office and he said, "Words have consequences."

Duh!
Hahahahaha
Bush has negotiated with neither and Bush refuses to destroy America over the global warming hoax.

You guys will make up anything.

Anyone is smarter than Bush. McCain is, certainly. I am, however, getting concerned about his lack of knowledge about the differences among Sunni and Shi'a; and economic policy... particularly when the banking industry is in a world of hurt right now... what? about 1.2 trillion dollars worth of defaulted mortgages?

There aren't viable alternatives right now. Personally, I think we're in need of a tune up and would do better with a more representative, parliamentary type of set up.

Jillian, I think you have a point, but I wouldn't go down the parliamentary road. I think it is far too dangerous and sets us on the wrong course. But, more representation is needed. The UK has 650 members of the House of Commons and they have roughly a third of the population of this country. We currently have democracy limited by architecture. We have artificially limited representation to 435 members and we increase the number of people they represent constantly. We need to go to the point where each member represented 250,000 people (which is where we capped it).

Then we need to reduce the size of congressional staffs (and thus their power). Since there will be more Congressmen, they can do the work themselves. Reduce the number of committee assignments each member has (so they have time to do the work). Repeal campaign finance and other undemocratic reforms. You will not need them with the explosion of new congressional districts. Because the size of the congressional district is smaller, the need for money will be less. And, you might actually know your member of Congress.

That's precisely the reason I voted for W twice. I was so close to pulling the libertarian lever last time, but Kerrey scared me out of it.

This time I'm trying to be a little more Zen about it. Part of it is that I've disliked McCain longer than I disliked Bush. The other part is, I've gotten to a point where I'm so frustrated by the performance that the Repubs have put up over the last 10 years, that I'm just not going to vote for any of them until they get back to Reagan. If they don't, then I guess I'm gonna be a dyed in the wool Libertarian.

That's precisely the reason I voted for W twice. I was so close to pulling the libertarian lever last time, but Kerrey scared me out of it.

This time I'm trying to be a little more Zen about it. Part of it is that I've disliked McCain longer than I disliked Bush. The other part is, I've gotten to a point where I'm so frustrated by the performance that the Repubs have put up over the last 10 years, that I'm just not going to vote for any of them until they get back to Reagan. If they don't, then I guess I'm gonna be a dyed in the wool Libertarian.

For me it's the Supreme Court. I can't hand those choices over to someone who uses the issue to pander to the religious right.... particularly when that person used to say that the religious right are the "agents of intolerance".

Here's what Bush said a couple of months ago:
“Some seem to believe that we should negotiate with the terrorists and radicals, as if some ingenious argument will persuade them they have been wrong all along,” Mr. Bush said, in a speech otherwise devoted to spotlighting Israel’s friendship with the United States.
“We have an obligation,” he continued, “to call this what it is: the false comfort of appeasement, which has been repeatedly discredited by history.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/16/us/politics/16obama.html?_r=1&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

So, what is he up to?

Are you implying Bush is negotiating with terrorists?
If so, please provide the evidence. :eusa_angel:

No, but if he were honest, he'd make the same comments about himself that he made a couple of months ago.

I'd like to know why the 180.

No, but if he were honest, he'd make the same comments about himself that he made a couple of months ago.

I'd like to know why the 180.
180 on what, he thinks Obama is a Nazi?

Last edited:
For me it's the Supreme Court. I can't hand those choices over to someone who uses the issue to pander to the religious right.... particularly when that person used to say that the religious right are the "agents of intolerance".

I have no confidence that McLame would appoint originalists.

What I have been saying all along. I damn well would send a message. the Message being return to your roots or DIE as a party.

See the Republicans are not even the first party to drive me away. I was once a card carrying Democrat. Back when they still had a brain and were not pulled around by the nose, by the left.
Better by the nose than by that little conservative circle jerk thing you cats have goin on... Obama actually is a solid candidate.. if you can look beyond your R bias you just might be able to see it..

Better by the nose than by that little conservative circle jerk thing you cats have goin on... Obama actually is a solid candidate.. if you can look beyond your R bias you just might be able to see it..

My ass, but feel free to try and convince me, maybe you will be better at showing me who he really is than he is.

New Topics

Forum List

Back