Can't find two messages I meant to reply to

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
Help, I've searched for key words but can't find message I meant to reply to,
because I can't remember the user names who posted them.

If I describe the two posts, can anyone help me find them:

1. One person said they didn't believe in punishment for a crime being for the purpose of deterring others, because it should only be for that person's crime. It was around the time the issue of rape was discussed on several threads, anywhere from May-July 2016.

2. Another person said that "emily" or "emilynghiem" insists on including bigots in representation. (in the context of discussing beliefs about homosexual and transgender orientation). I think this same user said
a distinction should be made between belief and behavior.

(Note: So I was going to say they answered their own question, that also with 'bigots' there is a difference between beliefs and behavior.)

Is anyone better at searching for these things?
The key words isn't working because I can't remember how these were worded. And I can't remember the user names, or thread titles/subjects.

I can give thanks and winner if anyone can find these things,
like needles in a haystack. Next time I should mark these threads/posts with a note and come back later....

1. One person said they didn't believe in punishment for a crime being for the purpose of deterring others, because it should only be for that person's crime. It was around the time the issue of rape was discussed on several threads, anywhere from May-July 2016.

2. Another person said that "emily" or "emilynghiem" insists on including bigots in representation. (in the context of discussing beliefs about homosexual and transgender orientation). I think this same user said

(Note: So I was going to say they answered their own question, that also with 'bigots' there is a difference between beliefs and behavior.)

The key words isn't working because I can't remember how these were worded. And I can't remember the user names, or thread titles/subjects.

like needles in a haystack. Next time I should mark these threads/posts with a note and come back later....

Yo,
ZoolanderWhoamI.gif

"GTP"

I don't remember seeing a thread of that description but I did a search on "usmessageboard.com emilynghiem rape punishment crime deter" ----- could this be it?

I don't remember seeing a thread of that description but I did a search on "usmessageboard.com emilynghiem rape punishment crime deter" ----- could this be it?

That's a very good thread, so thanks for the information.

The post I was looking for was more recent, like May/June.

At that time I was discussing either restitution, and also screening for abuses. Maybe the issue was abortion prevention by broadening the definition of rape and abuse?

I will look under that. Thanks for the help Pogo, that thread brought up a lot of issues about what isn't working. On the side of prevention, I think improving the process of screening and treating criminal illness and abuse in advance is the key, instead of all these complications that don't address the root cause to prevent crime.

I found the second one
Debate Now - Prove your case! Is Homosexuality genetic or a choice?

Still looking for the first msg or thread about using punishment for crime as a deterrent to others.

Yo,
Chromosomes

Starting with the basics, human females possess two X chromosomes on their 23rd pair of chromosomes, while males possess an XY on their 23rd pair. Chromosomes are a structure located inside the nucleus that carries DNA. This minor variation is what differentiates males from females on a genetic level, which gives rise to all of the biological differences. Either you were born a girl or a boy, simple! Your choice to be different, is yours, and yours alone!

"GTP"
ZoolanderWhoamI.gif

Search Results for Query: restitution | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Dear RodISHI
Is there a way to sort by dates.
It was May-June 2016.

I can't find that other persons msg in all this.
I need to narrow it down by dates at least and sort in order.

It was a very short msg where the person basically expressed concern that the punishment should not exceed the extent of that person's crime and responsibility and objection to either collective or deterrent effect that was due to other ppl. I just can't remember the wording or the users name or else I could have already found it. Thanks!

Dear RodISHI
It was May-June 2016.

It was a very short msg where the person basically expressed concern that the punishment should not exceed the extent of that person's crime and responsibility and objection to either collective or deterrent effect that was due to other ppl. I just can't remember the wording or the users name or else I could have already found it. Thanks!
Yes in the search options for more you can narrow the dates to a date before X date and your name if you can recall a portion of your own comment if any.

Another one that may include what you are referring to Emily might be in this search. Search Results for Query: bigots | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
I already found that msg and replied to it. I can't find the other. I guess you're right I'd have to go thru all the threads I posted on May-June and search each thread. Maybe I could post a query asking for any poster who commented on something to that effect of not agreeing to any deterrent punishment that adds to the persons responsibility other than what they incurred by their own acts not the acts of others.

Dear RodISHI
It was May-June 2016.

Yes in the search options for more you can narrow the dates to a date before X date and your name if you can recall a portion of your own comment if any.
I narrowed down the dates but can't sort by date. Is there a way to sort results by date in order

Dear RodISHI
It was May-June 2016.

I've found that the "search" feature of this site is utterly useless. I just use Google, with "usmessageboard.com" as one of the search terms, along with anybody's name I'm looking for and some distinct keyword.

You can however narrow that search down within Google, like say, "past month" or you can set your own "custom" date range.

How 'bout this one, Em?

Last edited:
I found the second one
Debate Now - Prove your case! Is Homosexuality genetic or a choice?

Still looking for the first msg or thread about using punishment for crime as a deterrent to others.

Yo,
Chromosomes

Starting with the basics, human females possess two X chromosomes on their 23rd pair of chromosomes, while males possess an XY on their 23rd pair. Chromosomes are a structure located inside the nucleus that carries DNA. This minor variation is what differentiates males from females on a genetic level, which gives rise to all of the biological differences. Either you were born a girl or a boy, simple! Your choice to be different, is yours, and yours alone!

"GTP"
View attachment 81511
Hermaphrodites, the devil's creation..

Dear RodISHI
It was May-June 2016.

I narrowed down the dates but can't sort by date. Is there a way to sort results by date in order
This is the only date feature on the search....
search.jpg

Dear RodISHI
It was May-June 2016.

I've found that the "search" feature of this site is utterly useless. I just use Google, with "usmessageboard.com" as one of the search terms, along with anybody's name I'm looking for and some distinct keyword.

You can however narrow that search down within Google, like say, "past month" or you can set your own "custom" date range.

How 'bout this one, Em?
Thanks Pogo I will try searching with Google instead. As for the thread about Trump's rape lawsuit, I think I caught a virus just from reading those posts!

Dear RodISHI
It was May-June 2016.

This is the only date feature on the search.... View attachment 81577
Thanks for confirming that RodISHI

I will try searching for the posts that I think we're addressing either abortion prevention, abuse or crime prevention, or gun violence prevention where I brought up either deterrence or restitution. The person thought it meant making ppl pay more than what their individual actions and wrongs called for. But what I meant to clarify is that even just paying restitution for their own crimes is enough to serve as a deterrent. It was a short message in a thread not really on that topic of using punishment to deter others.

Forum List

Back