Can't Find Dogger's Thread on This

The difference is Kerry made his military service an issue.

The difference? What difference? Read the posts before you respond.

As I said before: "McCain thought his service was relevant during his Biography Tour. You know, the one that detailed all of his military experience (except the parts mentioned above), and stopped at the day he left the service. Conveniently omitted were his adultery with Cindy, his divorce of the wife who waited and raised his children while he was imprisoned, the Keating Five mess, and the 25 years he spent as the ultimate Washington insider."

The Biography Tour was nothing but McCain campaigning on his military service.

The difference? What difference? Read the posts before you respond.

As I said before: "McCain thought his service was relevant during his Biography Tour. You know, the one that detailed all of his military experience (except the parts mentioned above), and stopped at the day he left the service. Conveniently omitted were his adultery with Cindy, his divorce of the wife who waited and raised his children while he was imprisoned, the Keating Five mess, and the 25 years he spent as the ultimate Washington insider."

The Biography Tour was nothing but McCain campaigning on his military service.

You mean the tour that didn't start until after he had the nomination virtually in hand? Guess that is the same as campaigning as a war hero from day one.

Both military records are relevant in an election. I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy that you are bringing forward. I respect John Kerry for his service and as I have stated before, it was reprehensible what the GOP and the media did to Kerry, but he should have seen it coming. What he did after his time of service brought on the onslaught. McCain, however, served honorably for an entire career. Now, out of spite you are trying to trash his service record with little substantiation, when the record reflects otherwise. The man took five and a half years worth of physical beatings for this country. If he wants to tell his story let him tell it. John Kerry told his to Congress, its McCain's turn.

You mean the tour that didn't start until after he had the nomination virtually in hand? Guess that is the same as campaigning as a war hero from day one.

Both military records are relevant in an election. I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy that you are bringing forward. I respect John Kerry for his service and as I have stated before, it was reprehensible what the GOP and the media did to Kerry, but he should have seen it coming. What he did after his time of service brought on the onslaught. McCain, however, served honorably for an entire career. Now, out of spite you are trying to trash his service record with little substantiation, when the record reflects otherwise. The man took five and a half years worth of physical beatings for this country. If he wants to tell his story let him tell it. John Kerry told his to Congress, its McCain's turn.

Except the "republican" party didn't do anything. Bush and the party openly condemned the Swifboat group and publicly ask them to stop. Which is more than can be said about the democratic party and Moveon.org.

Except the "republican" party didn't do anything. Bush and the party openly condemned the Swifboat group and publicly ask them to stop. Which is more than can be said about the democratic party and Moveon.org.
It's hard to say the extent to which the party participated because it was never investigated. But to suggest they condemned it or were wholly removed from this issue is flat wrong. When Karl Rove, Karen Hughes and other high ranking Bushies wore Purple Heart band-aids on Halloween, they approved the message.

The media behavior here reminds me of the right-wing attempt to smear Hillary Clinton with baseless charges of murder. The media trumpeted that crap all over the airwaves, yet barely said one word about Laura Bush, who actually killed someone.

It's hard to say the extent to which the party participated because it was never investigated. But to suggest they condemned it or were wholly removed from this issue is flat wrong. When Karl Rove, Karen Hughes and other high ranking Bushies wore Purple Heart band-aids on Halloween, they approved the message.

The media behavior here reminds me of the right-wing attempt to smear Hillary Clinton with baseless charges of murder. The media trumpeted that crap all over the airwaves, yet barely said one word about Laura Bush, who actually killed someone.

You are so biased you are ignorant. You will fit in well with the other far left demigogs here. Remind us how Kennedy did not murder that girl, come on I know you can do it.

As for Rayboy , I notice he hasn't the balls to respond in this thread.

A hypocrite indeed. Swiftboat adds attacking Kerry "bad", support of those adds, 'bad". But hey let's smear McCain, THAT is "good". Fits right in with the attacks on another fighter pilot that risk his life for this country.

Nice attempt to change the subject. If you weren't so biased, ignorant, stupid, ugly and misinformed, you might have understood my point. The media treats Democrats much worse than they've ever treated Republicans.

The media gave the Chappaquiddick incident extensive coverage, and Kennedy's trangression is well-known, even to people who weren't alive at the time. In contrast, whenever I bring up Laura Bush's little homicide, I rarely encounter anyone who has heard the story.

Imagine Hillary Clinton had killed a good friend (for real, like Laura, not that bogus Vince Foster crap). Is there any doubt in your mind that it would be even better known than Chappaquiddick?

I prefer a fair standard; I insist on eliminating the double standard. As long as liberals let the corporate controlled media bash Democrats over nonsense, while ignoring war crimes and domestic felonies by Republicans, we will have a huge disadvantage at the polls.

And Republicans need to learn that bringing up trash will be repaid in kind. Only then will they stop. They will; they have so much more to hide.

And I'll stop when they stop.

Nice attempt to change the subject. If you weren't so biased, ignorant, stupid, ugly and misinformed, you might have understood my point. The media treats Democrats much worse than they've ever treated Republicans.

The media gave the Chappaquiddick incident extensive coverage, and Kennedy's trangression is well-known, even to people who weren't alive at the time. In contrast, whenever I bring up Laura Bush's little homicide, I rarely encounter anyone who has heard the story.

Imagine Hillary Clinton had killed a good friend (for real, like Laura, not that bogus Vince Foster crap). Is there any doubt in your mind that it would be even better known than Chappaquiddick?

I prefer a fair standard; I insist on eliminating the double standard. As long as liberals let the corporate controlled media bash Democrats over nonsense, while ignoring war crimes and domestic felonies by Republicans, we will have a huge disadvantage at the polls.

And Republicans need to learn that bringing up trash will be repaid in kind. Only then will they stop. They will; they have so much more to hide.

Sure thing dumbshit.

You are a peice of shit, but you already know that. First Laura Bush was in a car accident that killed a friend. It was not homicide. Second, she wasn't drunk like Teddy was. Third, "HE WAS A FUCKIN KENNEDY." Of cpourse the media was going to cover a drunk Kennedy that drives off of a bridge and kills his girlfriend.

You are nothing more than a simple propagandist. I will be ignoring yoru ignorant ass from here on.

You are a peice [sic] of shit, but you already know that. First Laura Bush was in a car accident that killed a friend. It was not homicide. Second, she wasn't drunk like Teddy was. Third, "HE WAS A FUCKIN KENNEDY." Of cpourse [sic] the media was going to cover a drunk Kennedy that drives off of a bridge and kills his girlfriend.

You are nothing more than a simple propagandist. I will be ignoring yoru [sic] ignorant ass from here on.
Laura ran a stop sign at a speed around 50 mph. The other car had headlights shining on a clear night, and she didn't even slow down. She was on her way to a party, but wasn't tested for alcohol consumption. There was a good case for involuntary manslaughter, and she wasn't even charged with running the stop sign. Wealth and privilege have their perks.

My earlier post compared the favorable media treatment for Laura with the harsh media coverage with Hillary. Curmudgeonly poster RetiredGySgt pulled a typical conservative debate tactic: accuse a Democrat.

RetiredGySgt wrote, "Remind us how Kennedy did not murder that girl, come on I know you can do it." I did not defend Kennedy, even though murder was an outrageous charge. Unlike Laura, Kennedy did get charged for a crime. And I didn't challenge the coverage of Kennedy because it was appropriate as you have said, and thus not relevant to the issue of disperate treatment. I only wove it into my discussion because RetiredGySgt brought it up, and then I immediately returned to my ongoing discussion about the two First Ladies.

I don't think the Laura Bush story is relevant to George's fitness to serve (history has eviscerated him on that point anyway). But the media that trashed Hillary went silent on Laura, then opened up again on Teresa Kerry. Now they are getting ready to skewer Michelle Obama, while once again offering little play to Cindy McCain's open adultery (a possible felony for John under military law) at the expense of Carol McCain, the woman who waited long years for McCain to come home.

So Laura's little homicide is relevant to the clear double standard of the media. And my post also serves notice that Republicans need to stop whisper campaigns and character assaults unless they are prepared to receive the same attacks themselves.

Forum List

Back