"Can't Blame White People" by Bill Cosby

I remember growing up in a rural midwest town where racism was the rule. I rememebr being told how blacks were this and blacks were that. I was fortunate to have a black dude as my best friend in high school. Best metal guitar player I have ever jammed with. His family were exponentially classier than my entire extended family. Are there social problems that make Cosby's words true? yes. Is the root cause simply being black? no, that is stupid. Points to RGS and Gunny for seperating the chaffe. It's frustrating to see people who DO become one more example in Alucard's quiver. I see it every day. But I also see people who try to rise above the ghetto environment that they were born into. Some people try to be better while some people don't. This isnt exclusive to any race. I know there are blacks who are classier than me. hell, I'm looking forward to reading Clerance Thomas's memoir soon. Sounds juicy. He also sounds like he would agree with Cosby. Perhaps what the black community needs is more Cosby's and Thomas's and less Sharptons and Jacksons. After all, Cosby's skeleton closet isnt as deep as Sharptons. Jackson didnt get as far as Thomas. If the system is broken then why be afraid to at least consider a fix?

One My best friends my whole life is a gentlman named Frank Johnson...We went High school together, and we will watch the game together tonight... He is Black... We have had this discussion many times... Th bottom line is always the same trash is trash and it comes in every color...

black "people" has an odor to them. any time i am around a black nig&&& i smell its stench.

why cant they shower? or do they just smell like crap always?

they need to be sent back to africa. they are animals

This is the first half of Bill Cosby's speach

"They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.
I can't even talk the way these people talk:

Why you ain't,
Where you is,
What drive,
Where he stay,
Where he work,
Who you be...
And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.

And then I heard the father talk.
Everybody knows it's important to speak English...

Except these knuckleheads.
Mushmouth is what they speak!
You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.
In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.
People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an education,
And now we've got these knuckleheads throwing that all away.
The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.
These people are not parenting.
They are buying things for kids. $500 sneakers for what?
And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.
I am talking about these people who cry
When their son is standing there in an orange suit.
Where were you when he was 2?
Where were you when he was 12?
Where were you when he was 18?
And, how come you didn't know that he had a pistol?
And where is the father?
Or who is his father?

People putting their clothes on backward:

Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?
People with their hats on backward,
Pants down around the crack,
Isn't that a sign of something?
They're walking around with their nasty underwear showing, and
Holding onto their pants to keep them from falling to the ground!

Or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up?
Isn't it a sign of something When she has her dress all the way up to her panty line,
And got all types of needle piercings Going through her body?"

I am sorry lieberalism... but I could bring you to a street corner bar in the kennsington section of Phila tonight, and that description would fit everyone there... One thing though... there would not be any black people there...

One My best friends my whole life is a gentlman named Frank Johnson...We went High school together, and we will watch the game together tonight... He is Black... We have had this discussion many times... Th bottom line is always the same trash is trash and it comes in every color...

Very true.

Im glad that this is the America I live in where the archie bunkers are flaking off of the political spectrum.

CHEARS!

I agree with Cosby. What he said was certainly un-PC but it was the truth.
The urban groups have no self respect to dress so sloppily and butcher the English language.
They only know a life of drugs and violence but somehow it is society's fault they turned out to be such vermin.
Right, lets not point out that their fathers are nowhere to be found and because of that, they didn't learn discipline or earning money without selling drugs.
But of course, there are some people in the world who blame those who are not involved in their upbringing. No, its not a case of race, it concerns self discipline and surviving the odds stacked against you.

Dress/act like a thug, get treated like one.
Yes, image matters in this world.

I agree with Cosby. What he said was certainly un-PC but it was the truth.
The urban groups have no self respect to dress so sloppily and butcher the English language.
They only know a life of drugs and violence but somehow it is society's fault they turned out to be such vermin.
Right, lets not point out that their fathers are nowhere to be found and because of that, they didn't learn discipline or earning money without selling drugs.
But of course, there are some people in the world who blame those who are not involved in their upbringing. No, its not a case of race, it concerns self discipline and surviving the odds stacked against you.

Dress/act like a thug, get treated like one.
Yes, image matters in this world.

your posts demonstrates why we should ignore PC and stop being a PC world. Cosby was telling the truth. and it doesnt matter what race people are from we need to change the trash culture and restore the family to a place of eminence in society. Its time to stop men from abandoning their children, creating a culture where education is somehow bad, and clean up the language in society.

This change will always begin with ourselves and with those around us. We may not be able to change the world, but we can change our part of it.

bill cosby got balls, he is a genius

I saw this comment by Bill Cosby on another forum some weeks ago. It did indeed stimulate some lively discussion, both pro and con.

What do you folks think about his comment here?

I'm from his generation, and probably own just about every comedy LP he ever released back in the 60's and 70's. This guy could make people laugh with out resorted to the "F" words etc......that I see as ignoramus crutches of the typical, modern day standup comedian.

Also, Cosby endured a heart wrenching time some years ago, when his son was murdered on the side of a Southern California freeway.

Anyway, please read what he said here.

Does it make sense to any of you, or is he way off?

Forum List

Back