"Can't Blame White People" by Bill Cosby

Eightball

Oct 13, 2004
I saw this comment by Bill Cosby on another forum some weeks ago. It did indeed stimulate some lively discussion, both pro and con.

What do you folks think about his comment here?

I'm from his generation, and probably own just about every comedy LP he ever released back in the 60's and 70's. This guy could make people laugh with out resorted to the "F" words etc......that I see as ignoramus crutches of the typical, modern day standup comedian.

Also, Cosby endured a heart wrenching time some years ago, when his son was murdered on the side of a Southern California freeway.

Anyway, please read what he said here.

Does it make sense to any of you, or is he way off?
Can't Blame White People
By Bill Cosby

They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.
I can't even talk the way these people talk:

Why you ain't,
Where you is,
What drive,
Where he stay,
Where he work,
Who you be...
And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.

And then I heard the father talk.
Everybody knows it's important to speak English...

Except these knuckleheads.
Mushmouth is what they speak!
You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.
In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.
People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an education,
And now we've got these knuckleheads throwing that all away.
The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.
These people are not parenting.
They are buying things for kids. $500 sneakers for what?
And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.
I am talking about these people who cry
When their son is standing there in an orange suit.
Where were you when he was 2?
Where were you when he was 12?
Where were you when he was 18?
And, how come you didn't know that he had a pistol?
And where is the father?
Or who is his father?

People putting their clothes on backward:

Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?
People with their hats on backward,
Pants down around the crack,
Isn't that a sign of something?
They're walking around with their nasty underwear showing, and
Holding onto their pants to keep them from falling to the ground!

Or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up?
Isn't it a sign of something When she has her dress all the way up to her panty line,
And got all types of needle piercings Going through her body?

What part of Africa did this come from?
We are not Africans.
Those people are not Africans; They don't know a thing about Africa. With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap, and all of them are in jail. Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem.

We have got to take the neighborhood back.
People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' --Or men or whatever you call them now.

We have millionaire football players who cannot read. We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We as black folks have to do a better job.
Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids saying... You are hurting us.
We have to start holding each other to a higher standard.

We cannot blame the white people any longer. It is not for media or anyone of this time anymore to say whether I'm right or wrong.
It is time, ladies and gentlemen, to look at the numbers. Fifty percent of our children are dropping out of high school.
Sixty percent of the incarcerated males Happen to be illiterate. There's a correlation. Tell the media to stop asking me what I think about people who don't believe what I'm saying or feel that I'm too harsh or feel that I'm just running my mouth because I'm old.

Seventy percent of the teenagers pregnant happen to be African American girls.

Don't ask me to soften my message.
Bill Cosby

The only thing you'll get here is, "Hooray for affirmative action"....Too many blacks in prison, it must be discrimination...and its ALL whitey's fault....
We're packed with dim libs and the blame America first crowd.....even the weather is our fault....:confused:

The only thing you'll get here is, "Hooray for affirmative action"....Too many blacks in prison, it must be discrimination...and its ALL whitey's fault....
We're packed with dim libs and the blame America first crowd.....even the weather is our fault....:confused:

Actually, I think you're probably one of the worst dim bulb's on here....

There is some merit to what he says. But...it's an inter-family thing and that should be sorted out among them, I'd think.

He's right I think (not that I'm trying to pronounce on anyone's culture, just using a bit of common sense). But I think the behaviours he is describing are typical of a sub-community that's in total rejection of the mainstream culture's values.

If this thread can discuss this without getting derailed by irrelevant remarks it will be very interesting I think.

Ummm ... dude ... Cosby took some serious heat from black activists for making comments against affirmative action.

Wanna try again?

Ummm ... dude ... Cosby took some serious heat from black activists for making comments against affirmative action.

Wanna try again?

Yeah, he did.....whats your point?
As a matter of fact, Cosby took heat for everything he said in the above post....
I saw him do this little monolog when it first happened...and remember the bs he got from Sharpton and Jesse.....they couldn't put up the truth of it...and it is the truth.....

I just pointed out that what Mr. Eightball would get on this site from the Dim Libs that routinely blame white America for almost everything bad under the sun....including the weather:lol:

The sad part is Bill Cosby could talk till he was blue in the face and it would'nt matter... We are talking about animals here...

The sad part is Bill Cosby could talk till he was blue in the face and it would'nt matter... We are talking about animals here...

Reffering to other humans as animals is stupid. It could possibly be justified in very limited specific cases of proven actions by individuals, it is totally uncalled for in reference to an entire race.

There is of course several words to describe people that make these statements.

Reffering to other humans as animals is stupid. It could possibly be justified in very limited specific cases of proven actions by individuals, it is totally uncalled for in reference to an entire race.

There is of course several words to describe people that make these statements.

Spare me your bleeding heart bullshit please!

I deal with these ANIMALS everyday...

Maybe if you left the plantation down there in Hickville N.C. and went to the big city you might understand...

I live in NYC... and you're still a racist loser.
"I live in NYC" you say that like it means something... Who cares!

Been to Newark lately?... Come down to Camden NJ for a weekend and see how the animals treat NY jew lawyers!

Anyway....Who is the racist?

I never mentioned race in any of my posts...

But YOU assumed I was referring to blacks ...

Seems to me when you read the word "animal" you thought of black people..

I'll ask again... Who's the racist...

I'm not a racist... I'm a realist

Been to Newark lately?... Come down to Camden NJ for a weekend and see how the animals treat NY jew lawyers!

Red herring indeed, the thread is ABOUT black people, which you know as well as we do. Claiming you were not referring to them in THIS thread is hilarious. It at least shows you don't want to be labeled for what you are.

BZZT try again bigot.

Awwwwwwwwwww....poor baby.

You were referring to blacks. Or did you forget your own post?

http://usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=613025&postcount=7

You also seem to be another one who forgets what he says... I'll direct you to your statement yet again...

Maybe if you left the plantation down there in Hickville N.C. and went to the big city you might understand...

Hence my living in NYC IS relevant.

Like I said L-O-S-E-R

Red herring indeed, the thread is ABOUT black people, which you know as well as we do. Claiming you were not referring to them in THIS thread is hilarious. It at least shows you don't want to be labeled for what you are.

BZZT try again bigot.

Listen you dumb bastard... B Cosby described people that cant speak a language, dont care for their young, and offer nothing to society...

I dont give a shit what color they are....

Listen you dumb bastard... B Cosby described people that cant speak a language, dont care for their young, and offer nothing to society...

I dont give a shit what color they are....

Your a bigot, just admit it. Racist , you should hang out with your buddies Joyce, Liberalism and the several other racists recently joining the board.

You might want to go edit your post where you claimed you were not talking about black people in a thread specifically about them.

Alucard and Lieberalism and their like are the same as the mushmouths, they live in a world that is alien to most people. You would get the same basic meaningless reply from both. They both operate outside civil society.

How do you change them? How do they change? For inner city people (all races creeds and whatever) they need to participate, to become conscious of language and all the other accouterments that make life kinda enjoyable. Middle class aspirations. How?

For Al and Lie, same thing. Easy answers are education, and a place in the middle class for the mushers, for the bigot mushers, empathy maybe, sorta the same sense that things are maybe not what their mirrored glasses show.

I remember growing up in a rural midwest town where racism was the rule. I rememebr being told how blacks were this and blacks were that. I was fortunate to have a black dude as my best friend in high school. Best metal guitar player I have ever jammed with. His family were exponentially classier than my entire extended family. Are there social problems that make Cosby's words true? yes. Is the root cause simply being black? no, that is stupid. Points to RGS and Gunny for seperating the chaffe. It's frustrating to see people who DO become one more example in Alucard's quiver. I see it every day. But I also see people who try to rise above the ghetto environment that they were born into. Some people try to be better while some people don't. This isnt exclusive to any race. I know there are blacks who are classier than me. hell, I'm looking forward to reading Clerance Thomas's memoir soon. Sounds juicy. He also sounds like he would agree with Cosby. Perhaps what the black community needs is more Cosby's and Thomas's and less Sharptons and Jacksons. After all, Cosby's skeleton closet isnt as deep as Sharptons. Jackson didnt get as far as Thomas. If the system is broken then why be afraid to at least consider a fix?

Forum List

Back