canning anyone?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
did green beans last night....will do pickled beets today...anyone else canning...will do freezer jam as soon as i get pectin.

i got 3rd last year in pickled beets...i am going after first this year...i have had a major crop failure in the "gold" beets which are my ace....everyone else has red beets...but i dont know if i have enough for even a pint...but i am trying

Just the apples when they are ready here. More than likely will just freeze them. Baggies and the freezer are easy for fried apples.

i've often wondered who the hell REALLY eats beats. YUK.

I have no idea how to can anything. I think it has something to do with a pressure cooker but Id rather cook with mine than pretend it's 1846.

Canning? Yep. I'm sitting on my can!!! (I know, very little humor.) Our garden is nowhere near ready yet because of the difference in growing seasons. Besides, with all the rain we've had there isn't going to be much of a bounty. I will, however, be right over for some of those pickled beets!!! Very yummy...

i have one pint of golden beets....i cant screw it up....the only vingear i have is distilled white...it calls for cider....oo i dont wanna cloud this with cider...but i am canning reds too...so i dont wanna fake this too much for the fair...they dont taste them...its looks only...plus i need pectin to make freezer jams

i've often wondered who the hell REALLY eats beats. YUK

Oh, no, you're wrong. Beets are really good - especially the pickled ones! I like them cold (out of the fridge). Another really great thing about beets is that it turns baby's poop a nice purple color!!!:lol:

i've often wondered who the hell REALLY eats beats. YUK

Oh, no, you're wrong. Beets are really good - especially the pickled ones! I like them cold (out of the fridge). Another really great thing about beets is that it turns baby's poop a nice purple color!!!:lol:

turns everyones that way....o shogun stop being so modern...nothing wrong with cannong food...i know where my food comes from

I hear ya.. and more power to you. I guess i'd have responded different if you were canning peppers or tomatoes rather than... BEETS.

the beets are for the fair damn it....i still have beets from last year...i am beginning my stuff for the fair....i am entering the mushroom piece (which is not finished) in flat stained glass...still not sure what i will do for the 3 d stained glass...i have an evening of freezer jams...blueberry and peach...i am not sure about raspberry yet

Planing on canning 3 bushels of patridge head beans, pickles, and freezing the cut corn.

I have no idea how to can anything. I think it has something to do with a pressure cooker but Id rather cook with mine than pretend it's 1846.

omg, I LOVE beets. I like beet greens, and baby beets, and harvard beets, and cold pickled beets.

My 6 y.o. daughter does, too.

did green beans last night....will do pickled beets today...anyone else canning...will do freezer jam as soon as i get pectin.

i got 3rd last year in pickled beets...i am going after first this year...i have had a major crop failure in the "gold" beets which are my ace....everyone else has red beets...but i dont know if i have enough for even a pint...but i am trying

I planted green beans and don't have any yet...what am I doing wrong?

I planted green beans and don't have any yet...what am I doing wrong?

Global cooling.

omg, I LOVE beets. I like beet greens, and baby beets, and harvard beets, and cold pickled beets.

You can't beat beets! Love 'em!!

You can't beat beets! Love 'em!!

Beet greens are pretty good.

Pickled eggs and beets are one of my favorite bar foods.

Non-pickled beeets?

Not so much.

yall just dont know how to cook fresh beets...you can roast or you can do this...get apricot nectar at the store....boil the beets in the appricot neutar for 1/2 hour...add some honey...boil another 1/2 hour till fork tender...

or roast...salt and peppered....in foil....at 350 till tender...

New Topics

Forum List

Back