Cannibalism: Ledger

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
In the seminal political sarcasm essay "A Modest Proposal" (Jonathan Swift), the reader is introduced to the socioeconomic pragmatism notion that cannibalism can be a way to control population growth in areas requiring demographic simplification.

Sometimes the shortcut to happiness seems profitable or even practical, which is why we need to think about the processes and procedures that govern social behavior folk tales. Why is poverty-induced crime, which can seem practical, romanticized (i.e., Bonnie and Clyde)?

Perhaps modern age socio-economics symbols such as the consumerism video game "Diner Dash" (GameLab) serve to remind us of the timeless intrigue associated with point-counterpoint analysis of civilization sentiments. Such pseudo-archaeological artifacts simply enhance our debate about the 'practicality' of desperation cannibalism.

The survivors of the South American rugby team who were stranded in the snowy Andes Mountains after a plane crash resorted to cannibalism to substitute for depleted food rations. These individuals claimed that experience with such extreme human behavior compelled them to re-evaluate the philosophical quandaries surrounding survivalism.

:doubt:

A Modest Proposal had nothing to do with population control. It was a commentary on war.

Dialogue Demonology

In my opinion Swift was making serious implications about population dynamics.

Nevertheless, social dialogue surrounding the practice of cannibalism is as valuable and insightful as dialogue about the terrible dangers of modern consumerism (i.e., acid rain).

I like thinking about the intellectual symbolism of the Hindu goddess Kali (avatar of rage and anarchy and murder) and the Marvel comic book character Carnage (super-villain with tendencies towards violent mania) and how they can be referenced in discussions about behavior modification (i.e., cannibalism).

There's that terrific American documentary about the Donner Party which you can now find on YouTube.

:afro:

Donner Party

kali.jpg

In the seminal political sarcasm essay "A Modest Proposal" (Jonathan Swift), the reader is introduced to the socioeconomic pragmatism notion that cannibalism can be a way to control population growth in areas requiring demographic simplification.

Sometimes the shortcut to happiness seems profitable or even practical, which is why we need to think about the processes and procedures that govern social behavior folk tales. Why is poverty-induced crime, which can seem practical, romanticized (i.e., Bonnie and Clyde)?

Perhaps modern age socio-economics symbols such as the consumerism video game "Diner Dash" (GameLab) serve to remind us of the timeless intrigue associated with point-counterpoint analysis of civilization sentiments. Such pseudo-archaeological artifacts simply enhance our debate about the 'practicality' of desperation cannibalism.

The survivors of the South American rugby team who were stranded in the snowy Andes Mountains after a plane crash resorted to cannibalism to substitute for depleted food rations. These individuals claimed that experience with such extreme human behavior compelled them to re-evaluate the philosophical quandaries surrounding survivalism.

:doubt:

Tribal cannibals say human tastes like pork. Mentioned on one of the Discovery shark week shows. :)

Forum List

Back