Cannabis Once Again Shown To Halt Cancer Growth

topspin

Rookie
Apr 29, 2010
Cannabis Once Again Shown To Halt Cancer Growth — So Why Aren’t We Studying It In Humans?
Thu, 05 Aug 2010 00:13:05 By: Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy Director
Share This Article [Editor's note: This post is excerpted from this week's forthcoming NORML weekly media advisory. To have NORML's media advisories delivered straight to your in-box, sign up for NORML's free e-zine here.]

The administration of THC reduces the tumor growth of metastatic breast cancer and “might constitute a new therapeutic tool for the treatment” of cancerous tumors, according to preclinical data published online in the journal Molecular Cancer.

Investigators from Complutense University in Madrid assessed the anti-tumor potential of THC and JWH-133, a non-psychotropic CB2 receptor-selective agonist, in the treatment of ErbB2-positive breast tumors – a highly aggressive form of breast cancer that is typically unresponsive to standard therapies.

Researchers reported, “oth Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol … and JWH-133 …reduce tumor growth [and] tumor number [in mice]. … [T]hese results provide a strong preclinical evidence for the use of cannabinoid-based therapies for the management of ErbB2-positive breast cancer.”

In 2007, investigators at the California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute reported that the administration of the nonpsychoactive cannabinoid CBD limited breast cancer metastasis in a manner that was superior to comparable synthesized agents.

Previous preclinical studies assessing the anticancer properties of cannabinoids have shown that they inhibit the proliferation of a wide range of cancers, including brain cancer, prostate cancer, oral cancers, lung cancer, skin cancer, pancreatic cancer, biliary tract cancers, and lymphoma.

Full text of the study, “Cannabinoids reduce ErbB2-driven breast cancer
Marijuana Law Reform - NORML

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
it's good for so many things... has so many healthful benefits... one of the first things i noticed was.... the...ummm. you know the part where...um the thing....that it...wait..what...oh, yeah...it's really good for...um...wait...what was the question?

• Banned
thanks increased demand drives the price up.

Sensi is the Rasta man's holy herb

From the days of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers comics:

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope."

I saw Reefer Madness" and cancer or no cancer, there's no way I'm fucking with that stuff.

I can top that. i paid .25 cents to see reefer madness, in college, and the projector broke, and nobody seemed to notice.. (true story, after a half hour one guy shouted, "hey i paid good money for this !!")
seriously... the untapped potential of this wonder herb is tremendous, way more than alchohol, which is actually a depressant.
it's remarkably non toxic, which is more than we can say about some of the fda approved test drugs.

although in rare cases when one small puff will cause you to dive out a window and become a serial killer...oh well

Last edited:
i can top that. i paid .25 cents to see reefer madness, in college, and the projector broke, and nobody seemed to notice.. (true story, after a half hour one guy shouted, "hey i paid good money for this !!)
seriously... the untapped potential of this wonder herb is tremendous, way more than alchohol, which is actually a depressant. it's remarkably non toxic, which is more than we can say about some of the fda approved test drugs.

Oh yeah? Well I saw Reefer Madness for free when I was in the Navy as part of an anti-drug training session.

i can top that. i paid .25 cents to see reefer madness, in college, and the projector broke, and nobody seemed to notice.. (true story, after a half hour one guy shouted, "hey i paid good money for this !!)
seriously... the untapped potential of this wonder herb is tremendous, way more than alchohol, which is actually a depressant. it's remarkably non toxic, which is more than we can say about some of the fda approved test drugs.

Oh yeah? Well I saw Reefer Madness for free when I was in the Navy as part of an anti-drug training session.
Yeah right.
And if they told you that shooting your family members would make you a better sailor they'd all be dead.
murkin
Brainwashed imbecile who has no ability to think for itself.

you know and the thing is, is that drugs aren't for everybody.... just cause pot is legal doesn't me that you have to start smoking it.
or taking any drug, but weed isn't strong enough to be a drug, it's more like coffee or tea and tobacco, actually less than tobacco.
everybody on this board knows someone who smokes pot... are they psychotic ?... no
the chinese have been smoking pot for thousands of years and we owe them more money then they owe us. we borrow... you decide
... and to the people who have never tried it.... curious?

Last edited:
A bump for general reference and use sake.

It was about ten years ago when I got the diagnosis of prostate cancer. Conventional treatments were;
Prostate ectomi(sp?) - cut out the prostate.
Chemo therapy - common cancer option
Radiation treatment - common cancer option

All the above have at least a 50%+ chance of erectile dysfunction as side affect. Something neither I nor my wife were excited about, wanting to risk.

Biopsy showed it was a mild state at the time, Gleason score about 4-5, and oncologist advised do the "wait and see (if it gets worse)" approach for now.

At the time there was some articles in scientific and medical literature about Cannabis compound CBD-a being able to suppress or cure/eliminate cancer. I had a friend who was involved back then (and still) in researching and providing CBD enriched cannabis product. This long before cannabis started to be legal and available, especially CBD and in retail.

After reading the few articles on medical use of cannabis at that time, and consideration, I decided it would be worth a try, especially before going for any more drastic conventional options.

So I started taking CBD in capsule form, buds "cooked" in coconut oil. Since then my PSA has remained stable and no indication of the cancer growing~expanding.

About a year ago my friend started to include CBD-g as well and within a couple weeks use I noticed that the arthritis in my hands had cone away.

He also makes this formulation in a topic cream to apply, such as for sores, bruises, cuts, etc. which also works well. My late mother-in-law suffered from neuralgia in her feet and toes and nightly application of the CBD cream alleviated the pain and discomfort she had been experiencing.

Bottom line is that there are uses of cannabis that don't require THC (getting high) and can be of medical treatment and comfort use.

At a later date I may research and post current literature on this subject.

Forum List

Back