Candidates weakness

But except for those times...

:lol:

So he didn't say the Federal government should have such a mandate.

See, Romney is a Federalist and believes such issues are to be decided by the States.

Do you need to see some quotes to the dozens of times he has clarified that for those of you whom apparently aren't quite enough to figure it out?

Figuring out what Romney actually said would require at least the intelligence of a cantaloupe. That cuts out most of the Left that hears "Massachusetts", "health care" "Federal" and "Romney" and assumes Romney must want the feds to institue MA style health care nationwide. This is because they are dunces.

See, Romney is a Federalist and believes such issues are to be decided by the States.

Do you need to see some quotes to the dozens of times he has clarified that for those of you whom apparently aren't quite enough to figure it out?

How do stay upright from all that spinning you do?

Face it...Mittens said he wanted his plan to "go national" until the "other guy" actually did it and the RW freaked out.

And it's gonna hurt Willard in the General...:badgrin:

How do stay upright from all that spinning you do?

Just because you wish he supports a position he obviously does not support won't help you, brody. It just makes you look more foolish.

do better.

I think the way the MSM will approach the issue will be by pointing out just how weird MOrmon beliefs are... and you have a lot to work with there.

There isn't a religion in the world that doesn't have weird beliefs. There's no reason to look at Mormonism any differently.

Except for the times that he did...like here:

Give me the quote.

Is there a reason you can't watch the video? It was during a Republican PRESIDENTIAL debate:

MITT ROMNEY: Look, it’s critical to insure more people in this country. It doesn’t make sense to have 45 million people without insurance. It’s not good for them because they don’t get good preventative care and disease management, just as these folks have spoken about. But it’s not good for the rest of the citizens either, because if people aren’t insured, they go to the emergency room for their care when they get very sick. That’s expensive. They don’t have any insurance to cover it. So guess who pays? Everybody else. So it’s not good for the people that aren’t insured. It’s not good for everybody else. [Crosstalk]

We have to have our citizens insured, and we’re not going to do that by tax exemptions, because the people that don’t have insurance aren’t paying taxes. What you have to do is what we did in Massachusetts. Is it perfect? No. But we say, let’s rely on personal responsibility, help people buy their own private insurance, get our citizens insured, not with a government takeover, not with new taxes needed, but instead with a free-market based system that gets all of our citizens in the system. No more free rides. It works.

But wait, there's more...

You could read Reversible Mittens OWN Op-Ed...

There's a better way. And the lessons we learned in Massachusetts could help Washington find it.

Mr. President, what's the rush?

And then there was yet another PRESIDENTIAL debate in which Willard touted the mandate:

GIBSON: But Governor Romney's system has mandates in Massachusetts, although you backed away from mandates on a national basis.
ROMNEY: No, no, I like mandates. The mandates work.

FRED THOMPSON: I beg your pardon? I didn't know you were going to admit that. You like mandates.

ROMNEY: Let me -- let me -- oh, absolutely. Let me tell you what kind of mandates I like, Fred, which is this. If it weren't...

THOMPSON: The ones you come up with.

(LAUGHTER)

ROMNEY: Here's my view: If somebody -- if somebody can afford insurance and decides not to buy it, and then they get sick, they ought to pay their own way, as opposed to expect the government to pay their way.

ROMNEY: And that's an American principle. That's a principle of personal responsibility.
TRANSCRIPT: ABC News/Facebook/WMUR Republicans Debate

But why shouldn't Rawmoney support a mandate? It was a Republican idea after all...

You're going to have to bold and hilight in red where he said he wanted to nationalize his state plan. I wasted my time reading your evidence and came up with squat.

So if Reversible Mittens "knew" that it was different on a Federal level than on a state level, why did he say he wanted to see his healthcare implemented nationally?

Because 'his' system is a STATE program, moron.

A state program that he said he wanted to see implemented on a national level, douchenozzle.

I'm the last person to support Romney on any issue, but the ironic thing is, he's not the only conservative to support mandates.

The Heritage Foundation thought it was a wonderful idea, too.

Until Obama was stuck accepting them because he couldn't get a public option past the Senate.

So Romney is forced to run away from a conservative idea he wanted because the crazy people in the GOP are against anything Obama is for, even if is something they used to be for.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtMV44yoXZ0]I'm against it!.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

I think the way the MSM will approach the issue will be by pointing out just how weird MOrmon beliefs are... and you have a lot to work with there.

There isn't a religion in the world that doesn't have weird beliefs. There's no reason to look at Mormonism any differently.

Except the weird shit about Christianity is believed by 70% of the population.

Yeah, a cosmic zombie who was his own father and eating his flesh erases the sin of eating fruit from a magic tree because a talking snake said so. That's crazy shit.

And most Christians believe it.

Hebrews travelling by submarines in the bronze age, black skin being a curse from God, ruling your own planet in the afterlife, magic underpants... that's just too weird for the straights.

So Romney is forced to run away from a conservative idea he wanted

He has changed his view of individual States managing their healthcare problems as they see fit?

Got a link?

Don't do links unless they are relevent.

Fact is, Romney has flip-flopped again... and I don't take anything seriously that comes out of his pie-hole at this point.

Since it is now safe to say we know who will be running in the general election I have question for both the right and the left what do you think will be your candidates biggest weakness in the Presidential election? Just to be clear I said your candidates biggest weakness not the oppositions I think Romney's will be the healthcare law he signed as Governor.

I would disagree on the healthcare thing. The difference is state and federal. States have the right to persue things like that, good or bad, right or wrong. On the federal level, it was unconstitutional. Romney knows the difference. Obama doesn't. I think honest Americans are smart enough to know that state solutions are different from federal solutions.

So if Reversible Mittens "knew" that it was different on a Federal level than on a state level, why did he say he wanted to see his healthcare implemented nationally?

Funny that...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbLTovqG29g&feature=player_embedded"]Mitt Romney says Romneycare should go national (8/5/07)[/ame]

It's not a long video. 75 seconds. In it, during a national presidential debate, Mitt Romney makes it quite clear that he supports a national individual mandate. It could not be more clear. There are no audio distortions in the clip. He is speaking slowly and without hesitation, employing proper and understandable English, using words that any English-speaking individual can easily understand. The Republicans can spin this all they want, but they will just look foolish.

Last edited:
It's not a long video. 75 seconds.

Give us the quote.

More than happy to. I'll even go one step further, providing specific context.

The context: A national presidential debate. Not a state debate. A national presidential debate. The topic: Healthcare. Further, (and I know you know this) at no point does Romney make the slightest attempt to even infer that this should be done on a state-by-state basis.

The quote: What you have to do is what we did in Massachusetts.

I don't usually burn time playing "show me the quote" with partisans who are going to spin away from the actual words used anyway, but this one is so obvious and so clear, I thought I'd go ahead and play along.

Now, commence ta spinnin! Looking forward to it!

Forum List

Back