Candidates weakness

snakedoc

Rookie
Jan 20, 2012
Since it is now safe to say we know who will be running in the general election I have question for both the right and the left what do you think will be your candidates biggest weakness in the Presidential election? Just to be clear I said your candidates biggest weakness not the oppositions I think Romney's will be the healthcare law he signed as Governor.

Since it is now safe to say we know who will be running in the general election I have question for both the right and the left what do you think will be your candidates biggest weakness in the Presidential election? Just to be clear I said your candidates biggest weakness not the oppositions I think Romney's will be the healthcare law he signed as Governor.

You are really against our Federal system where a State full of hardcore Leftists cannot decide matters such as healthcare for themselves?

"Since it is now safe to say ..."

Psychoanalysis moment:

Did you feel threatend yesterday by saying this?

Last edited:
It's a little disappointing to see no one respond to this I guess everyone thinks their guy has no weaknesses I would agree Romney care will be Mitts biggest problem.

Agreed! The Left is trying to make Romney's religion a big deal, but that ain't gonna fly, especially when compared to obama's membership in the Church of God Damn America.
Romney has to make it more well known that some sort of health care legislation was going to pass in Mass, probably even over his veto. Without his input, the MA legislature likely would have reinstituted the death penalty and made it a capitol felony for insurance company executives who dared show a profit.

• Banned
Well so much for getting any answer to my question I guess I really was asking to much.

Well so much for getting any answer to my question I guess I really was asking to much.

I was challenging your assertion that it should be a problem for Romney to have presided - successfully - over a sovergn State managing its own affairs.

'The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.'

Romney's biggest weakness is the hole in the ozone layer directly over the state of Massachusetts created by his hairspray.

:eusa_shifty:

Well, from how some of the Democrats attack Romney, I'd have to say his biggest weaknesses is he once transported his dog across country. You'd think they'd find something more significant.

I don't consider myself as belonging to either camp so I will have a go at the weaknesses of both major candidates.

For Romney I think the major weakness is much broader than just his health care past. It's basically that it is very unclear whether he has any real solid convictions (other than being pro-business, but that's beyond vague). Aside from that major weakness there are two other important weaknesses for him: he is perceived as out of touch with ordinary people's lives because of his wealth and I think that - although virtually nobody talks about this - his Mormon background will also play against him.

For Obama the main weakness is clearly the fact that he hasn't really delivered very much to match his grand rhetoric.

The fact that he won't be on the ballot.

So who is your candidate?

So who is your candidate?

Buddy Roemer

I love politics, but I've never felt an allegiance to any party.

I think that presently, the current company that kind of dominates the Republican party has alienated a voter like me somewhat with a very rigid stance in policy.

I think the President's biggest problem is that when the economy crashes, it actually takes awhile for the pain of that to spread to everybody that might be effected by it, and we're coming off 3, almost 4 pretty tough years.

Manufacturing in America went away this past decade and with it a lot of jobs with workers who were within 10 years of retiring and were more prone to having a little less education than what's required of people today.

You add that up and that makes for a depression among those folks, and you look at Detroit and places in Ohio, Pennsylvania and elsewhere and the average guy out there really got bit. Then, after the men get bit, the women lose their jobs last when you think of waitresses and other service-oriented jobs that are populated heavily with women.

It's no mistake that both the Obama and the Romney campaigns over the last 2 weeks have started beating their chests in support of women because 10 million more women voted than men in the last general, and the tough times really bit them last out of all of us in America, which is why their number 1 and 2 issues are jobs and health care.

Those women will decide this election, imho. They aren't especially political people. They don't have extreme positions. They just want to feel like the system is working to make their lives easier.

They only happen to be in the President's corner at the moment because of things like the attacks on Planned Parenthood by deficit hawks and social conservatives.

The President's weakness, still, is the economy. If enough of these women come to believe that Obama's a really handsome man and they really like his personality, but he's just not getting things done, than Mitt Romney can win.

However, Mitt Romney's weakness to this point is his likability among women. Can that be fixed? Of course it can, he needs to pivot and to hammer a singular message that is uplifting and hopeful about the economy and where he wants to take the direction of the country.

Mitt's other weakness is having to constantly modulate himself between trying to win centrists like myself and others while not raising the ire of the large Tea Party block that now seems to run the Republican party.

It's really a fascinating election this time because I think it could very well end up being where a Democrat President pulls out his foreign policy successes to hammer his opponent, the Republican nominee whose only way to win is if he can frame the narrative as one where President Romney doesn't just say pretty things about the economy, President Romney gets results.

I love politics, but I've never felt an allegiance to any party.

I think that presently, the current company that kind of dominates the Republican party has alienated a voter like me somewhat with a very rigid stance in policy.

I think the President's biggest problem is that when the economy crashes, it actually takes awhile for the pain of that to spread to everybody that might be effected by it, and we're coming off 3, almost 4 pretty tough years.

Manufacturing in America went away this past decade and with it a lot of jobs with workers who were within 10 years of retiring and were more prone to having a little less education than what's required of people today.

You add that up and that makes for a depression among those folks, and you look at Detroit and places in Ohio, Pennsylvania and elsewhere and the average guy out there really got bit. Then, after the men get bit, the women lose their jobs last when you think of waitresses and other service-oriented jobs that are populated heavily with women.

It's no mistake that both the Obama and the Romney campaigns over the last 2 weeks have started beating their chests in support of women because 10 million more women voted than men in the last general, and the tough times really bit them last out of all of us in America, which is why their number 1 and 2 issues are jobs and health care.

Those women will decide this election, imho. They aren't especially political people. They don't have extreme positions. They just want to feel like the system is working to make their lives easier.

They only happen to be in the President's corner at the moment because of things like the attacks on Planned Parenthood by deficit hawks and social conservatives.

The President's weakness, still, is the economy. If enough of these women come to believe that Obama's a really handsome man and they really like his personality, but he's just not getting things done, than Mitt Romney can win.

However, Mitt Romney's weakness to this point is his likability among women. Can that be fixed? Of course it can, he needs to pivot and to hammer a singular message that is uplifting and hopeful about the economy and where he wants to take the direction of the country.

Mitt's other weakness is having to constantly modulate himself between trying to win centrists like myself and others while not raising the ire of the large Tea Party block that now seems to run the Republican party.

It's really a fascinating election this time because I think it could very well end up being where a Democrat President pulls out his foreign policy successes to hammer his opponent, the Republican nominee whose only way to win is if he can frame the narrative as one where President Romney doesn't just say pretty things about the economy, President Romney gets results.

You make some valid points.
I'm struggling to come up with the "foreign policy successes" of President Obama that you are referring to. Refresh my mind?

Forum List

Back