Candidate’s looks matter for less-informed voters

You can dispute it. But a substantial amount of Americans voted for Obama on his skin color. Just sayin'.

I know that's part of the rightwing meme. :eusa_whistle:

but i'm going to bet more voted AGAINST Mitt Romney because he's a mormon.

Not gonna argue on that one.

Does not change the fact that race played a significant part in the last election. Hell, even I wanted to vote for Obama... I might have.... if I had not got his record and studied him.

I almost voted for Obama because I felt sorry for him with his stuttering and clear lack of experience. Poor guy. Maybe next time he runs he can get a speech coach and have qualified people tell him what he should say.

I know that's part of the rightwing meme. :eusa_whistle:

but i'm going to bet more voted AGAINST Mitt Romney because he's a mormon.

Does not change the fact that race played a significant part in the last election. Hell, even I wanted to vote for Obama... I might have.... if I had not got his record and studied him.

I almost voted for Obama because I felt sorry for him with his stuttering and clear lack of experience. Poor guy. Maybe next time he runs he can get a speech coach and have qualified people tell him what he should say.

ya know... i almost felt that way about voting for mccain... poor guy looked so doddering during the financial crisis that i was kind of embarrassed for him.

but palin's little "pro america parts of the country" lunacy fixed that. :D

ya know... i almost felt that way about voting for mccain... poor guy looked so doddering during the financial crisis that i was kind of embarrassed for him.

but palin's little "pro america parts of the country" lunacy fixed that. :D

You weren't the only one who felt sorry for him. :cool: He's a living legend in my mind for what he went through in the North Vietnamese POW camp. Truly unimaginable. But he's almost as embarrassing as Joe Biden. Nothing good can come from that.

Perfect examples are the right wing posts on here attacking Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, first they went to her looks then threw out uniformed right wing mantra about her views and the bill.

need a tissue.?
And you can get off you're high horse anytime. go back through and find all the pictures that have been posted of Palin and others on this board.

most pics of Palin are touting her beauty. And no high horse for me just an observation.

dumbass, we are on the same board so we all know that you are lying.

Seriously, no one but RGS blathers on about her looks.

Yes because the ugly people is schoooooooooooooooo schmaaaaaaaaaaaart. Like Ed Shultz and Rachel Maddow. haha. Well there goes that theory.

Except that wasn't the theory, moron. Learn to read.

It was the OP's inferred theory.

No, it's YOUR inferred theory. And it's wrong. BEcause you can't read a paragraph and make logical inferences from it. Probably because your IQ resembles a Twinkie.

i would dispute anyone voting against mccain BECAUSE of obama's skin color, though i do know there was huge resistance to him BECAUSE of his skin color.

So i'm gonna go with "wrong answer, chica".

You can dispute it. But a substantial amount of Americans voted for Obama on his skin color. Just sayin'.

Probably more voted AGAINST him because of his skin color.

That's why he won in traditionally Republican states like VA? And that's why black registration and turn-out were record high?
Fail.

Candidate

Now we know why the retarded rightwing men vote for and admire Bachmann and Palin, they're less informed and vote for the even lesser informed. Considering that Foxnews dumbs down their followers......

It's ashame that you are so jealous of good looking people. Have you tried makeup?

bufallob1.jpg

Flaylo: I'd fuck me.

So that's why Obama beat McCain. It sure wasn't on policies.
‪Howard Stern shows Obama supporters r confused.‬‏ - YouTube

No real difference between Obama and McCain.

I could be wrong, but i don't believe McCain would have rammed through an unconstitutional mandate, sued the state of Arizona or played the class warfare card, for starters.

You're talking about PRESIDENT OBama. Candidate Obama promised to be a moderate, small gov't, low tax guy.
He lied.

I haven't gone through all 4 pages but is the OP aware that the main reason John F Kennedy was elected president and the family became so famous was because of his looks?

Everyone said Nixon won the debate convincingly, but that widely seen television event made america fall in love with John because of his looks.

Frequent TV viewers who don't get any kinds of other political news are the voters most likely to be influenced by a candidate's physical appearance, a new Massachusetts Institute of Technology study shows.

Try as we might LOOKS still influence how we feel about people.

I am not entirely sure that is necessarily a bad thing.

But looks have nothing to do with truthfulness, thats what people should focus on, thats why so many dumb men let pretty women manipulate them into doing their bidding even if it is wrong.

JFK's looks got him elected in 1960. You act like this is news or something.

I haven't gone through all 4 pages but is the OP aware that the main reason John F Kennedy was elected president and the family became so famous was because of his looks?

Everyone said Nixon won the debate convincingly, but that widely seen television event made america fall in love with John because of his looks.

No, the main reason he got elected was because Mayor Daley and the Democratic machine cooked the election for him in IL.

Try as we might LOOKS still influence how we feel about people.

I am not entirely sure that is necessarily a bad thing.

But looks have nothing to do with truthfulness, thats what people should focus on, thats why so many dumb men let pretty women manipulate them into doing their bidding even if it is wrong.

he was the first candidate to have televised debates. his rating soared after the debate. looks absolutely helped him win

No, the main reason he got elected was because Mayor Daley and the Democratic machine cooked the election for him in IL.

I'm not going to get into that, it was a very close election either way despite Nixon winning the debate and despite Kennedy being a relative unknown and the reason for that was Kennedy's looks, the exact thing the OP is pretending is an issue with only one party.

It's a human flaw that we give more respect to people based on their physical appearrance. I'm guilty of it myself I'm sure. I'm trying to get better, before I'd see fat people and I'd usually assume they're lazier than average, now that I go to my work gym everyday and see the same fat people in there everyday I'm learning better.

he was the first candidate to have televised debates. his rating soared after the debate. looks absolutely helped him win

He got the hooker vote. :thup:

New Topics

Forum List

Back