Candidate’s looks matter for less-informed voters

moreugly.jpg

untitled.jpg

:lol:

You must be a Democrat.

How come Jackie Kennedy and Michelle Obama are not on the Democratic poste?

Candidate

Now we know why the retarded rightwing men vote for and admire Bachmann and Palin, they're less informed and vote for the even lesser informed. Considering that Foxnews dumbs down their followers......

I'm sorry, do we have any candidates running who are bald? Overweight? Have some horrid growth growing out of their noses?

Come on, Obama ran on his looks just as much as Palin or Bachmann do. In fact, any election is usually won by the better looking guy. Is it any surprise the most successful modern president used to be an actor?

The only ugly Presidents, in my life, where Nixon and Carter.
Ford was no looker, but he wasn't elected.

I think, like anything else, people have a more positive visceral response to people who are attractive. I also think, as the O/P suggests, that the less informed one is, the more one responds to appearance. Then ask yourself how many threads idiot hacks have created saying left wing women are ugly and rightwing women are attractive (this despite beauties like angelina jolie, reese witherspoon and natalie portman being libs, btw... ).

It's not really a stop the presses kind of moment to realize that if palin didn't look the way she does, she would not have generated the same enthusiasm.... especially among low-information voters (see posts of USArmyRetard.... just for an example).

well as we can see, the Democrat party has a lot of "low information voters"

the Obama was elected.

Last edited:
And this is different to voting for a guy based on skin color..... how exactly?

i would dispute anyone voting against mccain BECAUSE of obama's skin color, though i do know there was huge resistance to him BECAUSE of his skin color.

So i'm gonna go with "wrong answer, chica".

You can dispute it. But a substantial amount of Americans voted for Obama on his skin color. Just sayin'.

Candidate

Now we know why the retarded rightwing men vote for and admire Bachmann and Palin, they're less informed and vote for the even lesser informed. Considering that Foxnews dumbs down their followers......

I've always known that. How else would Barack Obama have won in 2008? It sure wasnt for his extensive record, policy ideas, or demonstration of leadership ability.

He won basically because folks were sick of the Reps.

His Hope and Change BS hit the right note for lots of folks. It sure didn't hurt that He's a charismatic and very good public speaker. Way better than McCain.

It also never hurts to have the press rooting for you big time.

Candidate

Perfect examples are the right wing posts on here attacking Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, first they went to her looks then threw out uniformed right wing mantra about her views and the bill.

i would dispute anyone voting against mccain BECAUSE of obama's skin color, though i do know there was huge resistance to him BECAUSE of his skin color.

You can dispute it. But a substantial amount of Americans voted for Obama on his skin color. Just sayin'.

I know that's part of the rightwing meme. :eusa_whistle:

but i'm going to bet more voted AGAINST Mitt Romney because he's a mormon.

Probably more voted AGAINST him because of his skin color.

Candidate

Perfect examples are the right wing posts on here attacking Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, first they went to her looks then threw out uniformed right wing mantra about her views and the bill.

need a tissue.?
And you can get off your high horse anytime. go back through and find all the pictures that have been posted of Palin and others on this board.

Last edited:

Do you have proof or is that your theory? And what is your definition of a substantial amount? I don't recall the numbers but I believe most whites voted for him. You're not suggesting it was white guilt are you?

Candidate

need a tissue.?
And you can get off you're high horse anytime. go back through and find all the pictures that have been posted of Palin and others on this board.

most pics of Palin are touting her beauty. And no high horse for me just an observation.

need a tissue.?
And you can get off you're high horse anytime. go back through and find all the pictures that have been posted of Palin and others on this board.

most pics of Palin are touting her beauty. And no high horse for me just an observation.

yeah right..
and your observation is bull, BOTH SIDES do it.

I know that's part of the rightwing meme. :eusa_whistle:

but i'm going to bet more voted AGAINST Mitt Romney because he's a mormon.

Not gonna argue on that one.

Does not change the fact that race played a significant part in the last election. Hell, even I wanted to vote for Obama... I might have.... if I had not got his record and studied him.

Candidate’s looks matter for less-informed voters

I'd vote for the hot female candidate over the generic male candidate any day of the week regardless of political affiliation. I bet you would, too. (Well, maybe you would vote for a hot male candidate. Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Forum List

Back