Candidates differ on female draft

Amazing women, do amazing things.

Welcome to the home of the skeptical, irascible, doubting, iconoclastic Captain Critical, aka Captain Barb, whose pontificating will try to amuse, bemuse, irritate and generally annoy anyone bold enough to stay long enough to read the ramblings of a self appointed distaff critic who will continue to remind you that women are veterans too!
Did you know that there are almost two million women veterans? From the American Revolution to Panama, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq , women have served in some way in every conflict. Not that they were legal in the early days. History tells us that thirty three thousand women served in World War One and almost 500,000 took part in World War Two. During the Korean era 120,000 women were in uniform and seven thousand were deployed in theater during Viet Nam. During Desert Storm seven per cent of the total U.S. forces deployed were women - over forty thousand of them. On these pages you will find the history and accomplishments of those women who have served this country - voluntarily - since it's beginning.

More about women in war:
American Women in Uniform, Veterans Too!

It's not an excuse I'd use, I was just listing reasons women aren't included in the draft. Whether or not it's a problem for you, some women's periods are incredibly dibilitating to them, and like it or not, needing to take care of that problem while in the middle of a fight, or hunkered down, is incredibly difficult. Not to mention that there is then a need to supply tampons and pads to the soldiers.

However, this does not mean women should be excluded from the draft, it's just one reason why they are now. If women were drafted for positions that would allow them the necessary time and access to products to handle their period while in combat, it would not be a problem.
Oh, the horror! You know they have pills for that, right...and other things.

Pills don't stop you having a period, though I believe there is that one that makes it less frequent, but some women can not take the pill, either for health or for religious reasons.

Amazing women, do amazing things.

More about women in war:
American Women in Uniform, Veterans Too!

pretty neat information thanks for sharing it. Yeah I think the Depo Shot stops menstration for up to 5 yrs for women who don't plan to have a family in that time frame and who don't have religious beliefs that prevent that type of option for them. But looking at some of the history provided it appears women can and do play roles in the military. Again though Im not really for the draft for either gender.

If we are willing to force young men into the military then we should be willing to force young women into the military as well.

Then they can be chosen for the jobs they are capable of like any other soldier.

That would be entirely too cruel to the enemy.

Just because your drafted, doesn't mean you'll be sent into combat. You would be unqualified to do the tasks that someone who is 6'2'' and 230 could do perhaps. So therefore, you wouldn't be sent into combat.

There are plenty of things you could do however at 105 and 5'1 that doesn't require physical skills.

So riddle me this, riddle me that, what's the excuse after that?

The healthiest and safest child bearing years for women are between 18 and 25.....will that work? lol

will married couples get one of the spouses excused from duty? If they are planning a family or have children, one spouse should be allowed to be with their children at all times...?

There should never be a draft....

If there is one, I don't believe women should be drafted....if the near world is wiped out due to warring, we need one man with every ten women standing to begin the repopulation our nation or even the human race...one woman with 10 men won't do it....THIS IS WHY women have not been sent to war...it is not discrimination which is something mental, it is a physical attribute along with physical limitations that has kept it from being mandatory...

But shit, men are a bunch of yellow bellie wussies these days....it so seems....

call me old school if ya like! :)

care

The healthiest and safest child bearing years for women are between 18 and 25.....will that work? lol

will married couples get one of the spouses excused from duty? If they are planning a family or have children, one spouse should be allowed to be with their children at all times...?

There should never be a draft....

If there is one, I don't believe women should be drafted....if the near world is wiped out due to warring, we need one man with every ten women standing to begin the repopulation our nation or even the human race...one woman with 10 men won't do it....THIS IS WHY women have not been sent to war...it is not discrimination which is something mental, it is a physical attribute along with physical limitations that has kept it from being mandatory...

But shit, men are a bunch of yellow bellie wussies these days....it so seems....

call me old school if ya like! :)

care

Yes Polygamy is one option open for women who choose to participate and believe in it.(although its illegal in this country right now) But certainly any females who are under 18 ys old wouldnt go to war, those females would eventually reach the age of child bearing decisions and could also opt for a sperm bank. Yes I know its impersonal but since the USA is a democracy of choices and freedoms it allows for people within legal reason to make there own private decisions. Therefore preserving the human race, through perhaps polygamy or sperm banks. This gives the reassusrance its ok to draft women right along with men, if you believe in the draft. Nowadays, alot of men stay home with there children while women are in the military.

You realize this means that when second generations repopulated, the risk for retardation will be extremely high since everyone will be brothers and sisters? You need an equal number of men and women if you want the world to survive.

Yes Polygamy is one option open for women who choose to participate and believe in it.(although its illegal in this country right now) But certainly any females who are under 18 ys old wouldnt go to war, those females would eventually reach the age of child bearing decisions and could also opt for a sperm bank. Yes I know its impersonal but since the USA is a democracy of choices and freedoms it allows for people within legal reason to make there own private decisions. Therefore preserving the human race, through perhaps polygamy or sperm banks. This gives the reassusrance its ok to draft women right along with men, if you believe in the draft. Nowadays, alot of men stay home with there children while women are in the military.

ya gotta be married for polygamy to occur!

join the service, have your babies from a sperm bank if you want to go off to war, and leave the hubby home with the kids if your married, it's your choice.....that's the key, your choice....

no, i don't believe in the draft period....

i believe if our threat were REAL we would have enough volunteers....

care

Forum List

Back