Candidates differ on female draft

Call me old-fashioned, but I would prefer a hybrid approach. Women can choose whether they want to go into combat situations. Women are usually smaller and weaker than men, plus there is always the risk of rape.

Get up close and personal with the word "draft" .. you'll be hearing a lot more of it from President OBambi.

Maybe if Matt Millen had drafted more women in Detroit than wide receivers he'd still have a job

If we are willing to force young men into the military then we should be willing to force young women into the military as well.

Then they can be chosen for the jobs they are capable of like any other soldier.

I'm going to sound so old fashioned here, but really do not think women belong in combat, nor in a draft situation. The historian part of me recollects the reasons women were the gatherers, rather than the hunters. Some of it is size and muscle, some of it is disposition.

I'm for the minority that wish to be in combat, we know them. They were the basketball, volleyball, and wannabee on the boys' football team. Many of us wish we had their muscular make up, but we didn't. Mind you, they weren't taking steroids, they were strong, disciplined, and determined.

For the males it was the inverse. They are genetically predisposed to muscles and aggression. Psychologically is where the problems enter in, regarding a draft.

Women in a draft? In combat situations, wholesale? Excuse me, but I'm PSM'ing now, fuk off.

I don't really agree witht he idea of a "Draft" for either gender. But if there is a draft sure both sexes should be included. I also think that in that respect they should pass the ERA Amendment then since it has never been officially passed.

The Equal Rights Amendment, first proposed in 1923, is still not part of the U.S. Constitution.

The ERA has been ratified by 35 of the necessary 38 states. When three more states vote yes, the ERA might become the 28th Amendment.

Kathianne pointed out some of the problems with female draft. Yeah, it's not fair from both sides that women aren't included, but physically, women just bring so many more problems into the equation.

-They get a surprise visit from Mother Nature once a month that makes it incredibly difficult for the women currently in combat.
-A draft would not pick the physically fit women who wouldn't mind being drafted. You could wind up with some girl who has freaky hormonal changes that come with her period making her psychologically unsound (my sister)
-If women are included in the draft, and there's a war of the magnatude of WWI or II, there's gunna be a huge population problem afterwards. What causes a baby boom is when the men who went off to war and survived come back and celebrate with the ladies who were kept safe and alive back home. If you send those women off too, populations could be cut in half after a war, and experience incredible difficulty getting back up.
-For the most part, men are just more capable physically.

Including women in the draft would hurt it more than it would help- unless a provision was made as someone mentioned earlier that put them in a less high risk division... one that would allow them to take care of the monthly problem...

Call me old-fashioned, but I would prefer a hybrid approach. Women can choose whether they want to go into combat situations. Women are usually smaller and weaker than men, plus there is always the risk of rape.

no offense, but women in military get raped by men in their units all the time....saying rape is an issue is ridiculous.

I do agree, it should be the woman's choice to go into battle but IF they want to and are proven capable they should be allowed.

The idea of a draft in itself is wrong. What makes the government think that they own our lives, male or female? In times of a real crisis there won't be a problem finding volunteers to fight for the country. For nonsense like the "War on Terror," of course nobody wants to volunteer.

That's one thing I can agree with Obama on. Women want equal rights, they share equal burden.

I agree, since most women have bigger balls than men. I'd load them up and send them right into Bagdhad and let em kick some azz.

Forum List

Back