Candidate running in Kansas, but home is in Florida

sangha

Jun 1, 2010
Since the wingnuts got so upset at the makebelieve electoral fraud of ACORN, I'm sure they will be very upset at the real case of electoral fraud :lol:

Cerabino: Candidate running in Kansas, but home is in Florida

Candidate running in Kansas, but home is in Florida

Hartman, 64, is the front-runner for an open congressional seat in south-central Kansas. He's an oilman who has made his mark in Wichita, where he built a sports arena and owns a popular restaurant.

But he's also a guy who is getting a tax break this year by claiming that the waterfront Florida home he and his wife own in Highland Beach is their primary residence. He has a valid Florida driver license, is still listed as a Florida voter, and has a Florida polo league named after him.

These are inconvenient facts for a Kansas candidate who went on Wichita radio this month to say that campaign talk about him spending time in Florida is bunk.

A certified homesteader

"To be very direct with you," Hartman said on the radio show, "I've never left Kansas and I never did move to Florida."

Did I mention he's a conservative Republican who wants tougher border enforcement and is "100 percent against amnesty in any way"?

So even though Hartman doesn't look Mexican, somebody in Kansas ought to ask for his papers. Then we can discuss what sort of amnesty is appropriate in his case.

Hartman's papers would show that he left Kansas for Palm Beach County in 2005, where he bought a $4 million house and called it home, which allowed him to receive a property-tax reduction.

When the Palm Beach County Property Appraiser's Office sent out a renewal notice for the homestead exemption this year on Hartman's Highland Beach home, it came back with a sticker that said "temporarily away."

Since the wingnuts got so upset at the makebelieve electoral fraud of ACORN, I'm sure they will be very upset at the real case of electoral fraud :lol:

This is not electoral fraud. There are several states where you are allowed to run for a Congressional seat without actually living in the district. Apparently Kansas is one of them. I'm sure the guy's opponents will spend plenty of time pointing out he doesn't actually live there and the voters can decide how much that matters to them.

This is not electoral fraud. There are several states where you are allowed to run for a Congressional seat without actually living in the district. Apparently Kansas is one of them. I'm sure the guy's opponents will spend plenty of time pointing out he doesn't actually live there and the voters can decide how much that matters to them.

It's fraud when you lie (and Hartmann did lie about where he lived) in order to get elected.

It may not be a crime, but it is a fraud.

I don't blame him. Have you ever been to Kansas? Although after the oil spill in the Gulf, Kansas might start looking pretty good.

It's fraud when you lie (and Hartmann did lie about where he lived) in order to get elected.

It may not be a crime, but it is a fraud.

It is fraud if you lie to get elected? That means every politician currently in office committed fraud, what should we do?

Forum List

Back