Jul 11, 2004
real class..picture at site..:eusa_whistle:

Picture Includes Sticker Calling Former President 'International Terrorist'
POSTED: 12:10 am EDT October 12, 2010
UPDATED: 2:36 pm EDT October 12, 2010
Email Print
Comments (14)

SNIP"
BANGOR, Maine -- Democratic gubernatorial candidate Libby Mitchell apologized Monday night for a photograph showing her with a picture calling President George W. Bush an "international terrorist" and laughing.

In a statement, Mitchell said, "After seeing this picture for the first time tonight, I regret the possible disrespect it may show to the office of the president. I am very sorry for having posed with this item."

The controversy surfaced during a gubernatorial debate at Bangor High School when Republican Paul LePage accused Mitchell of being a hypocrite and disrespectful to the president.

"I regret the possible disrespect it may show to the office of the president. I am very sorry for having posed with this item." "
- Libby Mitchell

"Libby Mitchell showed herself in the worst of all lights tonight," said Charlie Webster, chairman of the Maine Republican Party. "Her lecturing was hypocritical, her denial was untruthful, and her actions captured in this photo show her to be as extreme as it gets."

read the rest here.
Candidate Poses With Pic Calling Former President 'International Terrorist' - Politics News Story - WMTW Portland

Last edited:
It was wrong of her to do..and right of her to apologize for it. The office of United States President deserves some measure of respect, especially by people hoping to become part of the government.

Who cares? It was done in jest. People are way too fucking sensitive about everything these days. Get over it and move on.

The libs have been calling GW Bush a terrorist for years and this would be a resume enhancer for her.
"I regret the possible disrespect it may show to the office of the president. I am very sorry for having posed with this item."
- Libby Mitchell
Translation:
1. I'm sorry you think it's disrespectful.
2. I'm only sorry I got caught.

Isn't it special that only the threads against Liberals and Democrats get Moderated like removing a picture of the actual event the thread talks about. No bias here, move along.

Forum List

Back