"Candidate on a High Horse"

LordBrownTrout

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2007
South Texas Republic
"Barack Obama may be exactly what his supporters suppose him to be. Not, however, for reasons most Americans will celebrate.

Obama may be the fulfillment of modern liberalism. Explaining why many working-class voters are "bitter," he said they "cling" to guns, religion and "antipathy to people who aren't like them" because of "frustrations." His implication was that their primitivism, superstition and bigotry are balm for resentments they feel because of America's grinding injustice. By so speaking, Obama does fulfill liberalism's transformation since Franklin Roosevelt. What had been under FDR a celebration of America and the values of its working people has become a doctrine of condescension toward those people and the supposedly coarse and vulgar country that pleases them."

George Will nails this one, imo.

It really is saddening when we have Obama, Clinton, and McCain to choose from. What has happened to this country when we can't even field a decent candidate to run the country. Although not perfect, I would have preferred Thompson, Biden, and Gingrich to choose from.

Candidate on a High Horse

I think McCain will be okay. At least he speaks his mind, and damn the torpedoes.

And as much as I loathe and despise all things Clinton, over the years I've sort of acquired a soft spot for Hillary. She's despicable..but boy is she tenacious. If only she would use her powers for good and not evil!

I think McCain will be okay. At least he speaks his mind, and damn the torpedoes.

Wasn't Obama speaking his mind? If that is the criteria that you use to decide whom to vote for, then Obama and McCain must really be jockeying for position for you.

Obama's a liar and he thinks the American people are stupid, and he sympathizes with terrorists.

That's enough for me to not like him.

I'm fairly certain McCain won't hobnob with people who want to hack up innocent people and bomb children.

Obama's a liar and he thinks the American people are stupid, and he sympathizes with terrorists.

That's enough for me to not like him.

I'm fairly certain McCain won't hobnob with people who want to hack up innocent people and bomb children.

Wait a minute. You interpret Obama to have suggested that the American people are stupid. Then you call him a liar when according to you he has just spoken his mind, "damn the torpedoes." If he was a liar, that would suggest he doesn't think the American people are stupid. If he thinks the American people are stupid, he is no liar, he is "straight shooter." You appear to want to have it both ways, which makes me question your objectivity.

BTW, I just noticed now that he "sympathizes" with terrorists rather than "condones" them. What is it that you believe exactly?

Thanks for pointing out the "condoning/sympathizing" thing. I think condoning is a better word. But they mean pretty much the same thing.

And Obama is a liar. He's a liar who inadvertently lets slip his real agenda too often for anybody to be comfortable.

You'll excuse me for not responding to the rest of your juvenile post...other to point out it is juvenile, it is beside the point, and is simply an attempt to divert attention from the fact that Obama does condone terrorism by reaching out a hand to terrorists.

Thanks for pointing out the "condoning/sympathizing" thing. I think condoning is a better word. But they mean pretty much the same thing.

And Obama is a liar. He's a liar who inadvertently lets slip his real agenda too often for anybody to be comfortable.

You'll excuse me for not responding to the rest of your juvenile post...other to point out it is juvenile, it is beside the point, and is simply an attempt to divert attention from the fact that Obama does condone terrorism by reaching out a hand to terrorists.

I don't know why you refer to my posts as juvenile. I rarely engage in name-calling or anything like that.

I was merely pointing out the silliness of attributing to a politician the views or actions of his supporters (which I often dispute the characterization of anyway). That applies to Bush, McCain, Clinton and Obama. That is all.

snob.jpg

Couldn't resist.

I don't know why you refer to my posts as juvenile. I rarely engage in name-calling or anything like that.

I was merely pointing out the silliness of attributing to a politician the views or actions of his supporters (which I often dispute the characterization of anyway). That applies to Bush, McCain, Clinton and Obama. That is all.

Your posts are juvenile, though not rude. They're juvenile because you deflect and fixate on what's not important, while ignoring the important stuff. The whole thing about Obama lying...but if he's lying then what he said isn't true...etc. comes straight out of Loony Tunes. It's an old and worn ruse, the kind that addicts use when they're in counseling and they don't want to address the real issue at the moment.

Your posts are juvenile, though not rude. They're juvenile because you deflect and fixate on what's not important, while ignoring the important stuff. The whole thing about Obama lying...but if he's lying then what he said isn't true...etc. comes straight out of Loony Tunes. It's an old and worn ruse, the kind that addicts use when they're in counseling and they don't want to address the real issue at the moment.

If a Cretan says "all Cretans are liars..."

sorry to extend this...

but seriously allie could you provide an example of Obama actually lying or sympathizing with terrorists?

thanks

He lied when he said he wasn't a liberal, and when he said he didn't know what Wright was preaching.

He condones the actions of terrorists when he states publicly that we need to meet with them, and pull our troops out of Iraq post haste.

He said it repeatedly.

You really should take a little interest in the world around you and read up, or at least watch the news occasionally.

I just joined this Board, and have to say that I hope AllieBaba does not represent the level of this forum. He made totally a banal statement ("Obama's a liar and he thinks the American people are stupid, and he sympathizes with terrorists"), and when ReillyT asked a perfectly legitimate question, AllieBaba dismissed it as "juvenile".

I, too, would like an explanation of your unsupported assertion. And back it up, if you can.

Forum List

Back