~Cancer~

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Dabs, May 19, 2011.

1. Dabs

Dabs ~Unpredictable~

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    How close has cancer hit you or someone you love?
    They say 1 out of 3 women will develop some form of cancer, and even tho it's not the number one killer of women (heart disease is), it ranks very high as the killer of men and women.
    It kills more people than obesity. It kills more people than heart attacks/strokes.
    I loathe fucking cancer, it's my only enemy in life........I am surrounded by it on both sides of my family and I have had to deal with it personally, in my own body~
    I wish they would find something to help with this dreaded jackass disease. More and more children are being stricken with some form of cancer.
    Instead of them getting closer to finding a cure, I hear about more and more cases~

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Jessica Blume

Jessica Blume Took the RED pill.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Cancer is a fungus.

3. smokin_kat

smokin_kat Cheap Imitation

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I've battled with cancer since I was 15.. I have been cancer free for two years and i am 31 years old. I'm so happy about this!! Somebody give me an E- hug. :)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 6
  4. Jessica Blume

Jessica Blume Took the RED pill.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Good for you! :clap2:

/hug

5. smokin_kat

smokin_kat Cheap Imitation

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35
    xo thanks!! big smiles. :redface:

6. Dabs

Dabs ~Unpredictable~

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((smokin_Kat)))))))))))))))))))))

7. Dabs

Dabs ~Unpredictable~

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I lost my best friend, my beautiful Mother to that damn disease in November 2005. Lung cancer, yes she smoked. They say there are 5 stages of grief, I sure hope to hell I would get to the final one, because I haven't yet, and truth be told, I doubt I ever will. She and I shared a bond like no other Mother and daughter you would see. Most people were jealous of us, we never fussed, always did things for each other, we were always there for each other. God what I wouldn't give to have my Mother here with me. Mother's days and her birthdays and Christmas are so damn hard. I am her only daughter, and so it was difficult for both of us, when she came home under Hospice care, because we both knew, the end was near.
    Then I lost my Dad, my SF, to cancer in March 2008. Even tho he was so mean to me, I loved him and I forgave him for the many years of abuse. That's one thing about me, I am a very forgiving person. But he suffered terribly and I watched him die. My Mother went peacefully in her sleep, for that I am very thankful.
    Then my Mother's favorite sister, my favorite Aunt, I lost her to cancer in February 2009. She sort of took over the role of my Mother after Mother left me. And she did a great job!
    Also on my Mother's side, I lost my Grandfather to cancer, lung cancer- and my Grandmother to cancer (my Mother's parents) as well as Mother's oldest brother, he also passed away from cancer. And all of them, with the exception of my Aunt, they all passed away at the age of 66. My dear Aunt lived to be 68.
    On my real Dad's side, even tho I didn't know him that well, he died at the age of 54, passed away from liver cancer.
    And like I mentioned earlier, I have had the dreaded C word in my body, had to fight it for awhile, but I'm not about to give in, and so far, I'm doing great~
    But I so loathe cancer, it sickens me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. sparky

sparky VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    I've seen patients slowly decline due to cancer now for over 2 decades, and have taken many for their last ride, away from their families and lives

It's a dehumanizing disease imho, people literally wilt. I asked one old timer once what else i could do for him, he replied 'gotta gun?' , and to be honest, i thought about it for a second or two....

If there was any one disease i could pick to go away, it would be cancer

9. Dabs

Dabs ~Unpredictable~

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Good post Sparky~
    I've seen cancer take away so many people I love...some of them went quietly in their sleep, but some, ohmigosh, how they suffered.
    If I could have done something to help, I would have...no matter how extreme *sigh*

10. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    My mother had three distinctly different kinds of cancer in her lifetime starting way back in the late 40's.

She beat them ALL, and lived to die (at 72) of something other than cancer.

FWIW cancer kills one out of every four Americans.

And that is mostly because now we live long enough to GET cancer of some kind or the other.