Cancelling TV Shows - Here's an Idea

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I just finished watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (on DVD, BTW) and of course it ended on somewhat of a cliff-hanger and of course the show got canceled. :evil:

I don't mind if a show is canceled with low ratings, but some of us need closure. Before the network tears the sets down, make like a 1-2 hour finale that officially ends the series. It doesn't even need to be shown on TV. Just put it on DVD! I bet the network would recoup the cost of the episode and it would make a lot of fans (of whatever show gets canceled) very happy. :thup:

I just finished watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (on DVD, BTW) and of course it ended on somewhat of a cliff-hanger and of course the show got canceled. :evil:

I don't mind if a show is canceled with low ratings, but some of us need closure. Before the network tears the sets down, make like a 1-2 hour finale that officially ends the series. It doesn't even need to be shown on TV. Just put it on DVD! I bet the network would recoup the cost of the episode and it would make a lot of fans (of whatever show gets canceled) very happy. :thup:

Great idea.

However, I care about this plan just a little more than if someone suggested that we should to boil our piss away so as to not contaminate the groundwater with urine.

I think thats what they did with pushing daisies.

I never watched that show. Hmmm. (Must put in my netflix queue...) Firefly at least had a movie. They ended the Pretender on a cliff hanger.

I never watched that show. Hmmm. (Must put in my netflix queue...) Firefly at least had a movie. They ended the Pretender on a cliff hanger.

I actually watched both seasons on dvd, it was a quirky show but i liked it, the final episode on the dvd hurriedly tied up all the loose ends.

I thought the first season was OK, but the second season was a boring. I got very sick of the weak, complaining and clueless John Connor character!

I feel your pain. I was addicted to Jericho! They left it with an enormous cliff hanger and then went off the air! Thank god for that NUTZ campaign and we got a short 2nd season closure. That is 1 show I wished made it!

yea i know what ya mean X....i was watching that show myself....the basterds...another show that ended with a hanger was Kyle XY.....

And Life On Mars.....and they did two ...2 hour movies to rap up Farscape....of course with Farscape the fans had a lot to do with that....

I actually watched both seasons on dvd, it was a quirky show but i liked it, the final episode on the dvd hurriedly tied up all the loose ends.

Dude, are you an ex-marine?

Dude, are you an ex-marine?

no such thing as an ex Marine, yes i served in the Corps, and pushing daisies was a funny show.

Problem with the SCC, they fucked up too badly to repair the damage, bad writers tend to do that. The ending just made it worse, I started watching it, kept it up only because I like Skynet. I am also a fan of the books and comics more than even the movies (though the last movie rocked). The ending to SCC was the planned number of episodes, it wasn't actually canceled, as I said, they had bad writers, it had good ratings just not good reviews from fans of the Terminator universe. ;)

And Life On Mars.....and they did two ...2 hour movies to rap up Farscape....of course with Farscape the fans had a lot to do with that....

I loved Life On Mars, from what I understand they ended it similar to the way the British version ended.

Manditory all households in America will have to have at least one Obama photo displayed and be made to watch all Obama speeches and talk show interviews. people not obeying will be rounded up and interned in reeducation camps and retrained in community improvement jobs "picking up trash and painting over graffiti", and all children will be taken away and sent to party education camps for brainwashing and training

Any T.V. show with it's basis in time travel then it is going to have weak writing. I mean the last Star Trek movie!!!! They DESTROYED TWO HOME WORLDS. They made the Vulcans and Romulans homeless so on and so forth. ANYTHING you think you MAY know about Star Trek DOESN'T EXSIST because the timeline is TOTALLY FUCKED.....

Sorry went on a rant hope I didn't ruin the movie for ya.

But I liked Surface. 1 season and left wih a cliffhanger. I liked the little creature the kid had. I called it a Lotter. Part lizard part otter.

Any T.V. show with it's basis in time travel then it is going to have weak writing. I mean the last Star Trek movie!!!! They DESTROYED TWO HOME WORLDS. They made the Vulcans and Romulans homeless so on and so forth. ANYTHING you think you MAY know about Star Trek DOESN'T EXSIST because the timeline is TOTALLY FUCKED.....

Sorry went on a rant hope I didn't ruin the movie for ya.

But I liked Surface. 1 season and left wih a cliffhanger. I liked the little creature the kid had. I called it a Lotter. Part lizard part otter.

'Tis why I stopped paying attention to Trek, they made a few mistakes in TNG as well like that.

Oh, want to know what's worse, they are remaking V ... making a damned movie out of it ... it looks horrible. I loved the original series, huge fan, but this new movie ... stupid, idiotic, and worse, it's going to destroy the story.

Forum List

Back