Cancel your cable? Free Market to the rescue...

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Money quote, "Essentially, what happened to the news media is happening to television. The Internet is detonating the old model where a very few bottle-necked distribution.".

Power to ya Amazon. You go Hulu.

Amazon Launches Nuke Against Bundled Cable

To few have had too much power for to long. Open question: Is this the beginning of the end for bundled cable? I sure hope so.

I canceled my shit like 9 years ago and haven't missed it one bit. You're paying for advertising, distraction, idiocy and lies. They'd give that shit away for free if you weren't dumb enough to pay for it... they'd have to pay me to watch the crap.... television makes me nauseous.

Money quote, "Essentially, what happened to the news media is happening to television. The Internet is detonating the old model where a very few bottle-necked distribution.".

To few have had too much power for to long. Open question: Is this the beginning of the end for bundled cable? I sure hope so.

Don't go to Hulu, they are owned by the studios, and the studios want them to verify you have a cable/satellite account before they let you watch anything.

Hulu Puts Gun To Own Head: May Require Users To Show Proof Of Pay TV Subscription | Techdirt

Cable was getting outrageous and Dish/Direct only had the channels I wanted together in the higher priced plans. Screw 'em. I'm happy with Hulu Plus.

I canceled my shit like 9 years ago and haven't missed it one bit. You're paying for advertising, distraction, idiocy and lies. They'd give that shit away for free if you weren't dumb enough to pay for it... they'd have to pay me to watch the crap.... television makes me nauseous.

Television advertising interruption time is what drives me nuts with most TV nets. But a DVR solves that. And only record the stuff you want to view. It's a win-win.

Anyone who can't find interesting programing regardless of their interests is missing out.

Don't go to Hulu, they are owned by the studios, and the studios want them to verify you have a cable/satellite account before they let you watch anything.

Hulu Puts Gun To Own Head: May Require Users To Show Proof Of Pay TV Subscription | Techdirt

That would be suicide for sure. I'm a Hulu+ member now and I don't even own a TV.

lowest common denominator - dumbing down - good for you feeling relevant now that the shit has flowed down hill

:rofl:

Satellite TV works. So far you can pick "Dish" or "Direct TV" in most areas. The service people set up the whole thing and you are up and running an a couple of hours. The dish is tiny and you get a hi-def quality picture and a selection of packages.

They need to pay me to get the advertising and religious channels and such.

We need to be able to buy only the channels we will watch. for me about 10 of them.

They need to pay me to get the advertising and religious channels and such.

We need to be able to buy only the channels we will watch. for me about 10 of them.

I believe we are headed in that direction. Streaming services creating their own content is a very big shot across the bow to the system.

Yes but the problem is that if everyone uses streaming video our net is maxxed out.

And more providers will stop with unlimited broadband.

Hulu, in Spanish, is spelled JUlu, JewLoo. Get it ?

Yes but the problem is that if everyone uses streaming video our net is maxxed out.

And more providers will stop with unlimited broadband.

Google is working to fix that.

Google chooses Kansas City for ultra-fast Internet service - Mar. 30, 2011

Once google starts moving nationwide, other providers will have to move o match or be run out of business. Free Market saves the day.

Yeah that and about a trillion or so dollars to upgrade the net.

Forum List

Back