Canadian's Perpective on this Obama Disaster (Good Read)

Responding to the sub-theme in the thread. Nixon was just like any other president, some stuff was good, some bloody awful but I think his policy towards China is at least one progressive thing he can be remembered for.
Yep, we can. And as we all know

Progressive = BAD IDEA

Come on you can't possibly want to wind the clock back to the time when we humans lived in caves and died in our teens can you?

No the previous worst Prez was Carter...nobody can deny that...not even hard core Dems...The new Champ is Obama...

Bush was the worst president in American history. He actually makes Nixon look human.

Just LOOK at our economy, our debt and Bush's job creation record...

Carter created 3X as many jobs in 1/2 the time...

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - Wall Street Journal

payroll-expansion-by-presdient.png

Anyone who knows my perspective knows that I am for sure a liberal. However, Nixon, in spite of the Watergate thing, was actually a very good president. He started a much needed dialog with foreign countries, especially China. There were many domestic programs he championed. His problem was not understanding the law also applied to the president. He could have been a great president. His achievements get lost in his disrespect for the law.

His problem was he got caught, as many politicians have at numerous misdeeds, when you become perfect, let us all know, OKAY?

Bush was the worst president in American history. He actually makes Nixon look human.

Just LOOK at our economy, our debt and Bush's job creation record...

Carter created 3X as many jobs in 1/2 the time...

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - Wall Street Journal

payroll-expansion-by-presdient.png

Anyone who knows my perspective knows that I am for sure a liberal. However, Nixon, in spite of the Watergate thing, was actually a very good president. He started a much needed dialog with foreign countries, especially China. There were many domestic programs he championed. His problem was not understanding the law also applied to the president. He could have been a great president. His achievements get lost in his disrespect for the law.

WHAT????????????????? Nixon didn't understand human beings. He was a sick, paranoid little man. His 'War on Drugs' destroyed the lives of thousands of Americans...

President-elect Kennedy paid a courtesy visit to Richard Nixon after the 1960 election in Key Biscayne Florida. They sat by the pool at an oceanfront villa at the old Key Biscayne Hotel. Dave Powers said the President-elect did more listening than talking. As they were walking to the car, JFK said to Powers, 'you know Dave, it's good for you, me and everyone that guy didn't quite make it.'

Highlights of Nixon comments on marijuana:

* Jews and marijuana: "I see another thing in the news summary this morning about it. That's a funny thing, every one of the bastards that are out for legalizing marijuana is Jewish. What the Christ is the matter with the Jews, Bob, what is the matter with them? I suppose it's because most of them are psychiatrists . . ."

* Marijuana and the culture wars: "You see, homosexuality, dope, immorality in general. These are the enemies of strong societies. That's why the Communists and the left-wingers are pushing the stuff, they're trying to destroy us."

* Marijuana compared to alcohol: marijuana consumers smoke "to get high" while "a person drinks to have fun." Nixon also saw marijuana leading to loss of motivation and discipline but claimed: "At least with liquor I don't lose motivation."

* Marijuana and political dissent: ". . . radical demonstrators that were here . . . two weeks ago . . . They're all on drugs, virtually all."

* Drug education: "Enforce the law, you’ve got to scare them."

US_incarceration_timeline.gif

Amazing how your willing to display your ignorance? Does your mother cry all the time when you open your mouth? The acceptance of pot only leads to more destructive drugs, are you a complete imbecile or do you teach a class on it? Maybe both......

WHAT????????????????? Nixon didn't understand human beings. He was a sick, paranoid little man. His 'War on Drugs' destroyed the lives of thousands of Americans...

President-elect Kennedy paid a courtesy visit to Richard Nixon after the 1960 election in Key Biscayne Florida. They sat by the pool at an oceanfront villa at the old Key Biscayne Hotel. Dave Powers said the President-elect did more listening than talking. As they were walking to the car, JFK said to Powers, 'you know Dave, it's good for you, me and everyone that guy didn't quite make it.'

* Jews and marijuana: "I see another thing in the news summary this morning about it. That's a funny thing, every one of the bastards that are out for legalizing marijuana is Jewish. What the Christ is the matter with the Jews, Bob, what is the matter with them? I suppose it's because most of them are psychiatrists . . ."

* Marijuana and the culture wars: "You see, homosexuality, dope, immorality in general. These are the enemies of strong societies. That's why the Communists and the left-wingers are pushing the stuff, they're trying to destroy us."

* Marijuana compared to alcohol: marijuana consumers smoke "to get high" while "a person drinks to have fun." Nixon also saw marijuana leading to loss of motivation and discipline but claimed: "At least with liquor I don't lose motivation."

* Marijuana and political dissent: ". . . radical demonstrators that were here . . . two weeks ago . . . They're all on drugs, virtually all."

Amazing how your willing to display your ignorance? Does your mother cry all the time when you open your mouth? The acceptance of pot only leads to more destructive drugs, are you a complete imbecile or do you teach a class on it? Maybe both......

What is amazing is the depth and scope of your ignorance. Marijuana, which is illegal, is the LEAST lethal drug on this planet. The 2 most lethal drugs on this planet are LEGAL. Tobacco and alcohol.

You are officially a brainwashed MORON...

Should we really care what Canada thinks? I said this when the Liberal Nutters were cheerleading for anyone in Canada who insulted George Bush and i'm saying it again now. I just don't care what Canada thinks about our President or our Nation. Hey that's just how i feel anyway.

What is amazing is the depth and scope of your ignorance. Marijuana, which is illegal, is the LEAST lethal drug on this planet. The 2 most lethal drugs on this planet are LEGAL. Tobacco and alcohol.

Your not serious are you? Oh yeah you are, the tar from pot is much greater than cigarettes, now the average 1 pack a day smoker will incur more harm to their lungs vs 3 or 4 joints, but it is a fact that smoking pot leads to broader drug use, find any crackhead and I will guarantee you they smoked pot first.....Quit making your mom cry....I feel sorry for her....

Your not serious are you? Oh yeah you are, the tar from pot is much greater than cigarettes, now the average 1 pack a day smoker will incur more harm to their lungs vs 3 or 4 joints, but it is a fact that smoking pot leads to broader drug use, find any crackhead and I will guarantee you they smoked pot first.....Quit making your mom cry....I feel sorry for her....

The right wing conforming monolith pea brain mind. Do I approach this thickness through science or cultural factors? Let's try science first:

Find any crackhead, heroin addict, cocaine abuser or alcoholic and you will most likely find an underlying personality disorder...ALSO, most drug users begin FIRST with alcohol and nicotine before marijuana—usually before they are of legal age.

Cultural factors:
I guarantee that if lollipops were illegal and could only be purchased on street corners from black marketeers, lollipops would be a 'gateway' substance. Particularly for cannabis, which is illegal, exposure to the black market (where harder drugs are available) is suggested to be the real cause.

The US Department of Health and Human Services released a piece of informational literature, which summed this up by saying:

'Using marijuana puts children and teens in contact with people who are users and sellers of other drugs, so there is more of a chance for a marijuana user to be exposed and urged to try more drugs.' [HHS95A]

Now, you keep mentioning my mother...she died in 1975

The right wing conforming monolith pea brain mind. Do I approach this thickness through science or cultural factors? Let's try science first:

Find any crackhead, heroin addict, cocaine abuser or alcoholic and you will most likely find an underlying personality disorder...ALSO, most drug users begin FIRST with alcohol and nicotine before marijuana—usually before they are of legal age.

Cultural factors:
I guarantee that if lollipops were illegal and could only be purchased on street corners from black marketeers, lollipops would be a 'gateway' substance. Particularly for cannabis, which is illegal, exposure to the black market (where harder drugs are available) is suggested to be the real cause.

The US Department of Health and Human Services released a piece of informational literature, which summed this up by saying:

'Using marijuana puts children and teens in contact with people who are users and sellers of other drugs, so there is more of a chance for a marijuana user to be exposed and urged to try more drugs.' [HHS95A]

Now, you keep mentioning my mother...she died in 1975

It's obvious you have not ventured out very far.....have you ever smoked a joint? Or snorted a line of coke? What do you have to base this on? Your links are Pro Legalization sites, if your that naive and believe it should be legal, be brave enough to admit it, but don't be so stupid and try to pretend legalizing it is better than alcohol & cigarettes, all of these are addictive and rarely lead to anything productive....as for your mother, no disrespect is meant to wards her.....

Do you have children? Would you promote these ideas to them? I would hope you would not, but something tells me you would......

Responding to the sub-theme in the thread. Nixon was just like any other president, some stuff was good, some bloody awful but I think his policy towards China is at least one progressive thing he can be remembered for.
Yep, we can. And as we all know

Progressive = BAD IDEA

Come on you can't possibly want to wind the clock back to the time when we humans lived in caves and died in our teens can you?
Common fallacy of the left. ALL progress = Progressivism.

Progressivism didn't come into being until after the German Intellectuals like Nietzsche, Hegel and Marx showed up and fucked the minds up of European intelligentsia.

Ultimately, all Progressivism is, is a system of philosophical nihilism designed to bring back about the feudal state, except with the practitioners of this philosophy, if they manage to stay in control, as the new nobility.

It always boils back down to tyranny under a strong man and death to those who don't think like you and are strong enough to fight, and enslavement for the survivors.

Edit: While reading a little last night about the beginning of the French Revolution, from the British POV, I realized I forgot the import this played in the creation of progressivism. After the deposing of Louis XVI and his government, the new Estates General created a new declaration of independence, similar to that of America did in their bid for emancipation from Mother England, and what England had done for creating a constitutional monarchy. The key difference is that the French went into a key area of rhetoric and made their declarations for the "Rights of Man" universal in their scope and more a manifesto than a basis and reason why things must change to a government based on populism rather than privilege. These key differences combined with the abuse suffered by the general populace under Louis XVI's incompetent government created the horrific backlash known as the French Revolution that ultimately gave rise to Napoleon and almost 20 years of warfare across three continents finally ending around 1813 with the final fall of Napoleon.

Once again, we see that progressivism, even at it's most basal roots ultimately leads to anarchy which is quickly usurped by a strong man who then creates a totalitarian regime often bent on conquest of others and enslavement of it's citizenry. France (Napoleon), Tsarist Russia(Lenin), Germany (Hitler), China (Mao), North Korea (Kim Il Sung), North Vietnam (Ho Chi Min), Cambodia (Pol Pot), Cuba (Castro), Venezuela (Chavez) and multiple African nations have all succumbed to this cycle at one point or another, and some still suffer from it.

Last edited:
Wow - powerful stuff!!

No how long before the neo-progressives in here betray their anti-Semitism and point out with derision that Mr. Solway is Jewish?

Great column Mr. Salway!!!!!

____

What Have you Done?

Posted By David Solway On April 5, 2010 @ 12:01 am In FrontPage

An open letter to Americans:

As a Canadian, I’ve been observing for some time now, with great concern and even greater disbelief, the political farce enacted day after day in your country. And I keep asking, what have you done? For it seems to me, and to many others as well, that you have embarked upon a truly destructive course that may eventually bring the United States to the brink of ruination.
What have you done? You have elected a president on the strength of an ellipsis, neglecting to fill in the three dots trailing after his every echoing jingle—“Yes we can”…what? You have credited a nimble spinner of tales, a pretty fellow with no significant experience of the real world of risk, hard work and the hazards of survival, a thug with a beguiling smile. You have elevated to the highest office in the land a man without discernible qualifications who is plunging the nation into unredeemable debt for generations to come. You have installed possibly the most consummate liar in POTUS history, who breaks campaign promises as if he were cracking eggs for the skillet and changes his mind almost daily like a weathervane on steroids. You have put your trust in an intellectual lightweight and geopolitical bungler who makes Jimmy Carter look like a paragon of acute intelligence, moral substance and rare diplomatic foresight.
What have you done? You have bought into a fraudulent narrative. You have made a Faustian bargain with a suave Mephistophelian who offers hope and change but delivers instead inevitable suffering and a violated people. As in all such compacts, the price for a brief state of euphoria is subsequent prolonged distress. You have given carte blanche to a man with a personal dossier blacked out in many places like a letter from the front, so as not, apparently, to divulge sensitive information. You have raised among you a man whose friends and influences would surely have precluded him from meriting your confidence had you paid attention to plain facts rather than to quasi-mystical incantations. You have anointed a man with a sinister agenda. You have voted for your historical nemesis who with his every move and decision renders you increasingly insecure in a violent and unforgiving world.
If you need a slogan to trigger a reaction, it should not be “Yes we can”—whatever that might conceivably have meant—but “What have we done?”—whose implications should now be obvious. I pray it is not too late to reverse the trajectory you have unthinkingly plotted for yourselves. It may be a shame to let a serious crisis go to waste, as your president’s intimate adviser cynically put it, but it would be a much greater shame to let a crisis reach the point of no return. And there is little doubt that you are now facing an impending crisis of the first magnitude, both domestically and globally.
Let us count the ways.
The response to a looming international menace is paralysis, appeasement and misconstrual—to the dire effects of which we are all, not only Americans, susceptible. American troops are targeted on the battlefield by the interventions of rogue regimes, such as Syria and Iran, which the present administration refuses to condemn and, indeed, with which it is seeking closer engagement. Defense capability is progressively truncated. Officials sworn to defend the nation to the best of their ability are saddled with the fear of prosecution, discouraging their peers and successors from properly doing their job. Detained terrorists are repatriated to their fields of operation, many taking up once again the jihadist activities for which they were originally interned. Acts of military aggression are adjudicated as civil offenses, awarding terrorists the same constitutional rights as ordinary Americans. Solemn alliances are flouted with whimsical impunity and typical hissy fits while manifest tyrants are treated with kid gloves and gestures of obeisance. UN kleptocrats and avowed enemies are laureled with meretricious authority. This is what your president’s current foreign policy amounts to, abetted by a carefully selected and pliable cadre of career puppets without character or backbone.
Meanwhile, legitimate dissent is denounced as a form of subversion. The Constitution is euphemistically interpreted as a “living document,” that is, as subject to tampering, which is nothing less than an assault upon the foundational heritage of the Republic. Individual liberties are being relentlessly eroded and private behavior regulated by an expanding government bureaucracy. The prospect of enfranchising up to eleven million illegal immigrants presages an American ochlocracy, that is, government by the masses rather than the laws—the very antithesis of Republican rule. Unelected officials, appointed by the president and known as “czars,” wield disproportionate power as they carry out their master’s directives. Unsustainable entitlement programs impinge dramatically upon the future. Income redistribution schemes disincentivize industrial and commercial productivity, creating a shrinking GDP and budgetary shortfall. Discredited hypotheses such as anthropogenic “climate change” are allowed to drive economic policy, leading to even further instability. Major tax hikes are on the horizon, complemented by the shell game of disappearing numbers, especially in regard to the so-called healthcare “reform,” with revenue calculated over a longer period than expenditures. New debt is piled on old debt like Pelion on Ossa. Fiscal blood drains from the nation’s arteries. These and more are the daylight consequences of your electoral delirium.
Who am I to address the citizens of another country? A loyal friend, and a citizen of a nation whose fate is inextricably bound up with yours. My interests are also at stake. That is why I am glad to note that many people are now awakening to the nature and extent of their folly, but far too many still malinger in the grip of a profound narcosis. To these latter, I would say that, in your desire for novelty, your pampered sense of frivolous grievance and your hypnotic suggestibility, you have chosen to cohabit with an incubus. You have shown a readiness to be seduced not by a lover of freedom but by a votary of his own malign gods. Despite the recent surfeit of Hollywood films, TV programs and neo-gothic novels fondly rehabilitating the undead, deep down you must know there is no such thing as a good vampire.
And so, in conclusion, I ask once again. What have you done?

Forum List

Back