Canadian Veterinary Chains Stops Declawing Cats

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
maxresdefault.jpg

Say the procedure is inhumane.

I love cats almost as much as dogs and could never see why they should ever have their claws removed. They’re felines and claws are an important part of their makeup.

"Declaws have become quite a common thing and, in fact, people think of them as just a common procedure. And my veterinary generation created that problem," said Danny Joffe, a medical director for VCA Canada who works at a Calgary clinic.

"We got very proficient at doing the procedure, especially as better pain medications and anesthetic protocols came along. We thought we could do it safely and fairly painlessly.

"What we've learned is that, not only is that wrong, it's inhumane."

More @ National veterinary clinic chain stops declawing cats, calls procedure 'inhumane' | CBC News

It is a minor procedure that helps cats find homes.

I have had every one of my cats declawed. They were all happy and healthy cats.

I've never declawed my cats for that very reason. I would not like my fingertips chopped off. Also, cats love to climb, and I've always had cat trees and scratching posts.

Of course, I've never had any expensive furniture.

I've never declawed my cats for that very reason. I would not like my fingertips chopped off. Also, cats love to climb, and I've always had cat trees and scratching posts.

Of course, I've never had any expensive furniture.
Now that you bring it up, I have always had cat trees and the cats have never had a problem

Forum List

Back