Canadian teams scramble as U.S. bans NHL charter flights

DiveCon

gone
Aug 10, 2008
not sure if this belongs in Sports, Canada, politics, or current events
but i'm posting it in sports

OTTAWA -- Canada's six NHL teams are scrambling to find alternative travel arrangements south of the border after the U.S. Department of Transportation banned Air Canada's charter fleet from flying between U.S. cities.
In a furious exchange with the Obama administration over the mid-August ruling, Canada has launched its own investigation and will soon close its skies to U.S. sports team charters in retaliation, warns Transport Minister John Baird.
The sticking point is an eight-year-old exemption that had allowed sports and celebrity charters to make several pit stops in American cities. Under existing open skies agreements, regular Canadian airline flights can only visit one U.S. city before returning.

more here

so there goes our local hockey season, most of the teams our hockey team plays are in canada. We did win the championship maybe they don't want us to kick their ass again. lmao

so there goes our local hockey season, most of the teams our hockey team plays are in canada. We did win the championship maybe they don't want us to kick their ass again. lmao
its a dumb move by the administration
we werent attacked by hockey players
:rolleyes:

this reminds me of:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSYipouABI&feature=related]YouTube - South Park Uncut - Song - Blame Canada[/ame]

I guess our hockey team uses gets bused up there a lot because of the small towns they play since it is WHL but I know they flew in when they were in the playoffs.

I could see heavy regulation here in Washington State due to marijuana trafficing, since the washington/canada border is most patroled part of the canadian border, but they are not bombing anything. They are mostly flying in small aircrafts into small airports with little people around.

Forum List

Back