Canadian Quotes

Doomer

Jul 14, 2004
Southern Ontario
More fun Canadian Content :beer:

My Favorite Quotes

Whether we live together in confidence and cohesion; with more faith and pride in ourselves and less self-doubt and hesitation; strong in the conviction that the destiny of Canada is to unite, not divide; sharing in cooperation, not in separation or in conflict; respecting our past and welcoming our future.
- Lester Pearson
In a world darkened by ethnic conflicts that tear nations apart, Canada stands as a model of how people of different cultures can live and work together in peace, prosperity, and mutual respect.
- Bill Clinton

Canadians have been so busy explaining to the Americans that we aren't British, and to the British that we aren't Americans that we haven't had time to become Canadians.
- Helen Gordon McPherson

I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.
- John Diefenbaker (From the Canadian Bill of Rights, July 1, 1960.)

We'll explain the appeal of curling to you if you explain the appeal of the National Rifle Association to us.
- Andy Barrie

Canada is probably the most free country in the world where a man still has room to breathe, to spread out, to move forward, to move out, an open country with an open frontier. Canada has created harmony and cooperation among ethnic groups, and it must take this experience to the world because there is yet to be such an example of harmony and cooperation among ethnic groups.
- Valentyn Moroz

What is a Canadian? A Canadian is a fellow wearing English tweeds, a Hong Kong shirt and Spanish shoes, who sips Brazilian coffee sweetened with Philippine sugar from a Bavarian cup while nibbling Swiss cheese, sitting at a Danish desk over a Persian rug, after coming home in a German car from an Italian movie... and then writes his Member of Parliament with a Japanese ballpoint pen on French paper, demanding that he do something about foreigners taking away our Canadian jobs.
- Anonymous

The beaver, which has come to represent Canada as the eagle does the United States and the lion Britain, is a flat-tailed, slow-witted, toothy rodent known to bite off it's own testicles or to stand under its own falling trees.
- June Callwood

Canada has never been a melting-pot; more like a tossed salad.
- Arnold Edinborough

A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe.
- Anonymous

Many Canadian nationalists harbour the bizarre fear that should we ever reject royalty, we would instantly mutate into Americans, as though the Canadian sense of self is so frail and delicate a bud, that the only thing stopping it from being swallowed whole by the US is an English lady in a funny hat.
- Will Ferguson

OH my! Other than having to see BJ C name written out, that was great!

Don't let Issac see this though!

The beaver, which has come to represent Canada as the eagle does the United States and the lion Britain, is a flat-tailed, slow-witted, toothy rodent known to bite off it's own testicles or to stand under its own falling trees.
- June Callwood

Quote:
We'll explain the appeal of curling to you if you explain the appeal of the National Rifle Association to us.
- Andy Barrie

:funnyface

HGROKIT said:
Now! That was a good one.

What is curling? :banana:

Awww come on, you've seen this before. :happy2:

Ok, it involves something that looks like a bowling lane, only the lanes are made of ice. People throw something down it that looks like a shinny rock with a handle. Sometimes one or two people will sweep in front of the rock to prevent something from it slowing down, as it glides down the lane. I think it's similar to shuffel board, because you need to hit the other rocks out of your way. I've never played...here's a link if you can't stand to live another day without know all about this sport http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Curling.

Said1 said:
Awww come on, you've seen this before. :happy2:

Ok, it involves something that looks like a bowling lane, only the lanes are made of ice. People throw something down it that looks like a shinny rock with a handle. Sometimes one or two people will sweep in front of the rock to prevent something from it slowing down, as it glides down the lane. I think it's similar to shuffel board, because you need to hit the other rocks out of your way. I've never played...here's a link if you can't stand to live another day without know all about this sport http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Curling.

Shuffelboard - so it's played by old retired people then?

Forum List

Back