Canadian Posters - want Foxnews? send your views to the CRTC

Doomer said:

Hey Doomer, this is cool! We had to do a similar thing here. When my parents had retired to FL, my mom kept raving about FOX News. The first time I went to visit them, I sat down to watch this great programming. I couldn not stand it. Too much color and busyness. Hey, I had CNN, MSNBC, C-Span and of course the networks. Then came the 2000 elections. The onsidedness was appalling. At that time, the newspapers were not as bad as today, and you could see where the slanting was being done.

I called my cable company and asked why we didn't have FOX? They said there wasn't a demand for more news coverage. We set up mailings in town asking people to call or write to the cable company, requesting FOX, it took about 2 months! Once you get adjusted to their sets, you get more even coverage and can make better decisions. I would never rely on one media for my take on things, but FOX is the only network that consistently presents both sides, something the liberals will never get.

I've heard about some of these ties, but this article kinda pulls it all together:

http://www.canada.com/national/nati...d=3b6475ba-9e24-46b4-9d54-84060206e325&page=1

Excerpt:

Few of its viewers in the Arab world could mistake al-Jazeera's slant on the "War against Terror." In Egypt, one media commentator has dubbed it "al-Qaeda's satellite channel." Another calls it "the terrorists' mouthpiece." Though exaggerations, they contain a grain of truth.

Part of al-Jazeera's appeal is based on its direct access to important sources. Following U.S. action against al-Qaeda in Afghanistan in late 2001, blurry images of missile strikes were produced by the U.S. military. But only one voice emerged to tell the story from the targets' perspective. At the beginning of the war, al-Jazeera correspondent Tayseer Allouni was the sole international journalist reporting regularly from Taliban-controlled Afghanistan. Indeed, his face competed with prerecorded messages from Osama bin Laden for air time throughout the world.

Allouni reported on the mood in Kabul. Paula Zahn interviewed him on CNN. His demeanor was well-suited to a Western audience. But the question remains: Why was he the only reporter who the Taliban government allowed in the capital? It is curious that as soon as the Taliban left Kabul, Allouni left as well. Later, he was the subject of allegations connected to the Madrid bombings of March 11, and forbidden to leave Spain. Yet he continues to report for al-Jazeera to this day.

Allouni's access to the Taliban can only be compared to that of his colleague, Ahmed Mansour, who has access to the Zarqawi terrorist group in Iraq. Or his other colleague, Faisal al-Qasim, who, according to credible reports, worked for Iraqi intelligence under Saddam Hussein.

greeneyez1029 said:
As a Canadian myself I find it very disturbing that we will air Al Jazera and not Fox news. We are banning one and censoring the other..So much for a free Liberal country...No wonder the U.S. looks at us with a raised eyebrow..

Welcome Greeneyez1029! We don't look at Canadians with raised eyebrows, just their choice in media! :beer:

:) Thanks Kathianne, some are looking at us like that and I can honestly say that I don't blame them one bit..Ontario itself has been described as now following Sharia Law...The whole idea of multiculturalism isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's getting way out of hand here...
Kathianne said:
Welcome Greeneyez1029! We don't look at Canadians with raised eyebrows, just their choice in media! :beer:

greeneyez1029 said:
:) Thanks Kathianne, some are looking at us like that and I can honestly say that I don't blame them one bit..Ontario itself has been described as now following Sharia Law...The whole idea of multiculturalism isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's getting way out of hand here...

Well the Sharia Law is troubling...

;) Very much so, this religion (Islam) is as scary as all get out. I started reading up on it a couple of months ago and it just floors me that people actually follow this faith. It's very violent and unforgiving...
Kathianne said:
Well the Sharia Law is troubling...

greeneyez1029 said:
;) Very much so, this religion (Islam) is as scary as all get out. I started reading up on it a couple of months ago and it just floors me that people actually follow this faith. It's very violent and unforgiving...

Oh especially for women. Perhaps more troubling is our neighbor's incorporating it regarding their application of laws. That is scary. :scratch:

:beer: Here, here!!!! Alot of Canadian's are getting fed up with it. I know speaking for my own mother and myself we would not fare well under that faith..LOL way to lippy for our own good...
Kathianne said:
Oh especially for women. Perhaps more troubling is our neighbor's incorporating it regarding their application of laws. That is scary. :scratch:

greeneyez1029 said:
:beer: Here, here!!!! Alot of Canadian's are getting fed up with it. I know speaking for my own mother and myself we would not fare well under that faith..LOL way to lippy for our own good...

No doubt our nations are different, but have traditionally seen threats and responses the same. It's very confusing what has happened there. :confused:

Oh that's easy, we call them the FIBERALS!! Our military is almost non existant due to their policies.. So long as liberals are in power here and the only reason they are is because they recieve all the immigrant votes they will always go against any right wing policies that the U.S. puts forth.
Kathianne said:
No doubt our nations are different, but have traditionally seen threats and responses the same. It's very confusing what has happened there. :confused:

greeneyez1029 said:
Oh that's easy, we call them the FIBERALS!! Our military is almost non existant due to their policies.. So long as liberals are in power here and the only reason they are is because they recieve all the immigrant votes they will always go against any right wing policies that the U.S. puts forth.

So they are willing to go Islamic direction, just to oppose the US? Seems suicidal to me.

Well the Government is too busy right now stealing to see the damage this is causing in our country...I'll say this much I have a great grandfather and grandfather who served in the World Wars and right now I'd imagine they are both rolling in their graves. For some reason I don't think they fought for the right of Muslims to come into this country and bring Sharia Law into it.
Kathianne said:
So they are willing to go Islamic direction, just to oppose the US? Seems suicidal to me.

Kathianne said:

This is a provincial thing, in Ontario, I don't think it has any relation to opposing the US on any issues. I don't really know what to say about Sharia law, other than that it's just wrong. Abiding by provincial and federal laws are a fact of life in this country, (to a point..... weed should be legal LOL) not an infringement on anyone rights. This is a classic example of how over accomodating Canadians can be - isn't there enough "cultural" problems pertaining to French and English language issues, with out adding religon to pile? Oooo this makes me really mad :death: Could it be argued that Sharia law is a part of their religion? I know that's a stretch, but I'm just trying to understand myself.

On the other hand, (stop me if I've said this before:D) Ontario is the only place in the world where women can go topless any time, anywhere without getting arrested for indecent expesure.:boobies: Go figure (shrug).

Forum List

Back