Canadian PM Personally Intervened to Stop PA Statehood Bid at UN

Please do, then Google "Stephen Harper fascist"
Why do you want me to include "facist" next to the name of a democratically elected leader? Why do you libel all those that disagree with your Islamo terrorist loving ideology?

Perhaps for you to learn something.

I know, wishful thinking on my part.
You are very ignorant and illiterate. You can put "facist" in front of anybody's name and google will come up with all kinds of garbage results for you. Type in "Facist Buddha" or "Facist Ghandi" or "Facist Jesus" and you'll get thousands of results. Has nothing to do with reality or the truth.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcwF8TkEUR4]Buddha, Hitler and Mussolinie - YouTube[/ame]

And your hero is Usama Bin Laden, so?

GW was the dumbest President ever. Sammy was a true war hero who got the Seals to pick him up for the witness protection plan.

You are insane, Bush was 100 times the man that coward Usama was.

Sammy actually fought for what he believed in. GW invaded Iraq for oil and lied to us about WMD. Actually, he got Powell to lie to us for him because he has no balls to do it himself.

GW was the dumbest President ever. Sammy was a true war hero who got the Seals to pick him up for the witness protection plan.

Sammy actually fought for what he believed in. GW invaded Iraq for oil and lied to us about WMD. Actually, he got Powell to lie to us for him because he has no balls to do it himself.

George W. Bush is an American hero and a role model for all man kind, gold statues should be erected of him in every capital of the world.:eusa_angel:

George W. Bush is an American hero and a role model for all man kind, gold statues should be erected of him in every capital of the world.:eusa_angel:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Personally I think Israel should unilaterally declare what the borders of the Palestinian Authority will be, recognize it as an independent nation, close the borders, raise the walls, cleanes eastern Jerusalem of Jews, and declare to the world that it wants to help put together a multi-billion $ international development package for the Palestinian State. With all of this comes notice that the Palestinian State would be held accountable for any violence coming out of the state into Israel. Additionally, the Jewish settlements in the West Bank would be closed and the populations withdrawn. :cool:

Seriously........How is voting for Palestinian statehood somehow hurting Israel? :cool:

:clap2:A real leader....

386270.jpg

Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper personally intervened to pressure Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas to drop his bid for upgraded status at the United Nations.

Harper, who had been in New York to accept an award and attend the opening of a new session of the United Nations at the end of September, had "a short, brusque meeting with [Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud] Abbas," the Globe and Mail newspaper reported.

"In a little room at the United Nations, Mr. Harper skipped most of the pleasantries in a 15-minute meeting, according to sources briefed on the session, and told Mr. Abbas he had come to deliver a message: If you keep doing what you're doing, he said - referring to the Palestinian bid for upgraded status - 'there will be consequences,'" the newspaper reported.

"It was just one part of the bare-knuckle approach Canada has taken toward the U.N. bid, though largely out of public view," according to the newspaper.

Abbas, who is set to appear before the U.N. General Assembly on Thursday, will be beseeching the international body to grant the Palestinian Authority Observer status, thus enabling it to achieve de facto status as a sovereign state and effectively circumvent final status negotiations with Israel.

The status, if granted, would grant the PA access to the International Criminal Court at The Hague and other similar bodies, which would enable it to pursue “war crime” charges and other grievances against the Jewish state.

Globe and Mail reported that, a “source said the Canadian government has warned the Palestinian Authority’s representatives that their ‘embassy’ in Ottawa – in fact a delegation office, because Palestine isn’t a state – might be closed, and the Palestinian envoy, Said Hamad, sent home.”

In addition, Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird has told several people, including Palestinian Authority representatives, that he would travel to New York personally to cast a vote against the bid.

There are more serious potential aspects to the “consequences” about which Harper warned, namely that Ottawa, which had pledged $300 million in aid over five years to the PA starting in 2008, could refuse to grant the generous sum again, as the period is about to run out

Canadian PM Intervened to Stop PA Statehood Bid - Global Agenda - News - Israel National News

Oh goodie!
m1275.gif

Can we give Harper a little credit in the face of Obama? "Goodie" indeed, Israel doesn't have many friends, lets not trivialize the ones they do have..

It was no surprise that the G-8 countries endorsed President Obama’s call for Israel and the Palestinians to return to peace negotiations while specifically mentioning the controversial Middle East policy speech that he gave last week. But what was surprising was that the final communiqué of the summit did not mention the president’s insistence that the 1967 lines be the starting point for such talks. The reason for this was the stubborn refusal of one of the G-8 leaders to agree to pressuring Israel in this fashion.

According to the Jerusalem Post, Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper was “adamant” about eliminating any mention of 1967 in the G-8 statement even though other leaders wanted to include it.

As the Post noted, Canada was denied a 2-year term on the United Nations Security Council last year largely because of its reputation as a stalwart friend of Israel since Harper became prime minister five years ago. By backing up Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu’s rejection of the 1967 lines, the Canadian delivered a stunning rebuke to his American ally.

The G-8’s endorsement of negotiations is an implicit rejection of the Palestinian attempt to avoid peace talks via a UN resolution endorsing Palestinian statehood. But none of the other countries present at the summit committed to joining the United States in pledging to vote against such a measure. When combined with Canada’s ability to stand off Obama on the mention of 1967, this failure means the summit cannot be considered a diplomatic success for the president.

Canada’s Harper Stands Up for Israel at G-8 « Commentary Magazine

Obama put Harper up to this, thank heavens.

Some of our far righties have a hard time understanding that Obama is the best thing that happened to Israel. He will make sure a two state solution occurs in the right way that protects Israel.

Is there a bug in here? Ooops that just Jake...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUfFdhIOoQM]Canadian PM: I Will Defend Israel 'whatever the cost' - YouTube[/ame]

Yup, Obama put Harper up to putting the PA in its place. Thank heavens that Obama has Israel's back.

I had to laugh. At a business and professional luncheon with one of the fraternal clubs, one of the evangelical cult ministers (SB I think) was moaning about "Israel" and "Obama" and whatever, and Father Ron from the Catholic church said, "You are a loon." Father Gary from the Episcopal church corrected that with, "He is a fucking loon."

The real Christians know what's going on.

Can we give Harper a little credit in the face of Obama? "Goodie" indeed, Israel doesn't have many friends, lets not trivialize the ones they do have..

Gee, I wonder why that is? :dunno:

Harper might back Israel unconditionally, but most Canadians don't.

Yup, Obama put Harper up to putting the PA in its place. Thank heavens that Obama has Israel's back.

I had to laugh. At a business and professional luncheon with one of the fraternal clubs, one of the evangelical cult ministers (SB I think) was moaning about "Israel" and "Obama" and whatever, and Father Ron from the Catholic church said, "You are a loon." Father Gary from the Episcopal church corrected that with, "He is a fucking loon."

Pres. Obama is the Anti-Christ.

True story........... :cool:

Pres. Obama is the Anti-Christ.

True story........... :cool:

Mohammed was the first anti-christ and a child rapist.

True story............:cool:

Forum List

Back