Canadian Minister Heading South For Surgery

Clearly this is reason not to reform healthcare.

Okay, rich people come here to buy healthcare that we ourselves can't afford and that's reason not to reform healthcare?

I want to know what American was put on the back burner so the doctor's could help the rich Canadian.....

Based on the last study I had read, 0.8% of Canadians head to the US for medical procedures, usually because the procedure is not available in Canada.

why isn't the procedure available in Canada? They only have 30 million people to provide for. The US OF KKKA had 350 million and half of Mexico.. What's the matter in Canada?????

What makes you think the procedure isn't available in Canada?

I believe that Dany boy kept getting bumped and decided that he didn't want to wait anymore.

And there you have it, in Canada, the rich have to wait in line for the healthcare the same as the rest of the population. They have the money so they come here, taking time from our doctors that could be spent on our own citizens but of course, the rich, regardless of what country they are from come first in the USA and who cares what poor or middleclass person dies while waiting for that same surgery in this country because the doctors and hospitals are more concerned with getting the money from the rich than fighting with the insurance companies..

its about time you woke up article :clap2:

Our Care system is awesome, our health insurance system could use some reform though.

The “premier” is the equivalent of one of our governors. Can you imagine Gov. Patrick going to Cuba or China or Canada for his health care? Or even Connecticut? He doesn’t have to, because we have the world’s best health care in America.

President Obama and the progressives in our congress, of course, want to change that purely for the reason of grabbing power and control. If they were interested in reforming the issues they would have started with a bill specifically directed at pre-existing condition denials or some other specific well known issue. If it wasn't about power and control they would have debated it out in the open like Obama promised dozens of times during his campaign instead of behind closed doors and in secret. If it wasn't good for big pharm and big insurance then pharm and insurance companies would not have held a fundraiser for martha coakley.

Oh and thanks for the sarcastic post, it was a great opening. :D

Last edited:

Our Care system is awesome, our health insurance system could use some reform though.

The “premier” is the equivalent of one of our governors. Can you imagine Gov. Patrick going to Cuba or China or Canada for his health care? Or even Connecticut? He doesn’t have to, because we have the world’s best health care in America.

President Obama and the progressives in our congress, of course, want to change that purely for the reason of grabbing power and control. If they were interested in reforming the issues they would have started with a bill specifically directed at pre-existing condition denials or some other specific well known issue. If it wasn't about power and control they would have debated it out in the open like Obama promised dozens of times during his campaign instead of behind closed doors and in secret. If it wasn't good for big pharm and big insurance then pharm and insurance companies would not have held a fundraiser for martha coakley.

Yes, we have the world's best healthcare, as long as you can pay for it....

I'd rather have the worlds best healthcare for everyone instead of just for the wealthy....

I'd rather have the worlds best healthcare for everyone instead of just for the wealthy....

i bolded, enlarged, and made red something you may have glossed over in my post.

I think you may have missed this too.

Color coded and everything....should be very progressive friendly :lol:

i bolded, enlarged, and made red something you may have glossed over in my post.

I think you may have missed this too.

Color coded and everything....should be very progressive friendly :lol:

hmmm, red, black and blue....I think there's a joke in there somewhere...:D

one of us isn't being sarcastic here, can anyone guess who? :lol:

There's a difference between having the best doctors and hospitals and having the best system.

You know just as well as I do that our system is broken and in need of repair.

u missed the edit ;)

They went the comprehensive route like they said they would during the campaign season.

Their approach shouldn't shock you.

And don't act like the bill wasn't debated. It was.

why isn't the procedure available in Canada? They only have 30 million people to provide for. The US OF KKKA had 350 million and half of Mexico.. What's the matter in Canada?????

I believe that Dany boy kept getting bumped and decided that he didn't want to wait anymore.

And there you have it, in Canada, the rich have to wait in line for the healthcare the same as the rest of the population. They have the money so they come here, taking time from our doctors that could be spent on our own citizens but of course, the rich, regardless of what country they are from come first in the USA and who cares what poor or middleclass person dies while waiting for that same surgery in this country because the doctors and hospitals are more concerned with getting the money from the rich than fighting with the insurance companies..

It doesn't matter if this guy is rich, the Canadian Government is paying for it.

There's a difference between having the best doctors and hospitals and having the best system.

Repair, yes. But you do not tear down the entire house to replace a leaking faucet.

Repair, yes. But you do not tear down the entire house to replace a leaking faucet.

I think that depends on where the leak is and how much damage was done before it was discovered.

It doesn't matter if this guy is rich, the Canadian Government is paying for it.

I'm not sure if he is "rich" or not.

The real story is that Danny Williams is the premier of the province of Newfoundland, which is the equivalent of a state governor.

Also, in Canada, sometimes the government will pay for patients to go to the US for procedures. Often times, however, people pay for it out of pocket.

Americans have this misconception that all medical services in Canada are paid for by the government. This isn't true. About a quarter of all medical services are privately paid for, compared to just over half in the US.

There are private health clinics in Canada where people can pay for procedures out of pocket. However, federal law discourages provincial funding of such private clinics, so there aren't many of them.

Based on the last study I had read, 0.8% of Canadians head to the US for medical procedures, usually because the procedure is not available in Canada.

cause you said based on what you read 0.8% of Canadians head to the US for medical procedures usually because the procedure is not available in Canada.. that's sorta where I got the idea.. you did say that didn't yew?

Forum List

Back