Canadian goalie Braden Holtby says he won't join Capitals at White House

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
He joins another Canadian Brett Connolly.

I'm sure they get their news from state run CBC, it's not like they have objective news sources to watch. Have to love his reasoning "stay true to my values".

Braden Holtby says he won't join Capitals at White House | CBC Sports

Washington Capitals goaltender Braden Holtby said Friday he will not join his teammates next week for a White House celebration of their Stanley Cup championship.

Holtby is the second player on the Capitals' active roster to decline, joining fellow Canadian Brett Connolly.

"It's one of those things that we have to think about, but with me, I've got to stay true to my values, and I'm going respectfully decline the offer," Holtby said. "For me, it's just a personal thing. I believe in what I believe in, and in order to stick to those values, I think I have to do what I feel is right, but that doesn't make a difference on everyone else's decision."

Are Canadians even allowed on US soil? That seems like a security issue.

You need only worry about the security threat coming from the Canadian government and covert police, the rest of us are good, though too many poorly informed.

You need only worry about the security threat coming from the Canadian government and covert police, the rest of us are good, though too many poorly informed.

We have the same problem here, fellow Constitutional Monarchist.

Greg

I'm sure they get their news from state run CBC, it's not like they have objective news sources to watch. Have to love his reasoning "stay true to my values".

Washington Capitals goaltender Braden Holtby said Friday he will not join his teammates next week for a White House celebration of their Stanley Cup championship.

Holtby is the second player on the Capitals' active roster to decline, joining fellow Canadian Brett Connolly.

"It's one of those things that we have to think about, but with me, I've got to stay true to my values, and I'm going respectfully decline the offer," Holtby said. "For me, it's just a personal thing. I believe in what I believe in, and in order to stick to those values, I think I have to do what I feel is right, but that doesn't make a difference on everyone else's decision."

PS: wtf is a "goaltender"???

Greg

PPPS: what's a Capitals???

Greg

Greg

He's the guy who tends to the goal, keeps it neat tidy.

Greg

The guy who stops the puck from going into the net.

It's hockey. It's not one of those weird-ass sports you play down under.

I know the story well as I never agreed with Thomas either and expressed this. Thomas was foolish in my opinion, if I recall correctly, I think it unfairly destroyed his career too, he certainly wasn't viewed the same by his team or the league, even after winning the Cu.p

You don't have to support someones politics, support your team and visit the WH. You don't have to shake his hand, talk to him or go vote for him (if you're American), you should show respect for the tradition and your democratically elected leader.

Greg

The guy who stops the puck from going into the net.

It's hockey. It's not one of those weird-ass sports you play down under.

Playing hockey on ice isn't weird??? Next thing you'll be playing Rounders with a longer bat and from ant mounds!!

Greg

Holtby can stay with me while the Caps visiting the president. *meow*

I am sure you have not a clue where they get their news from. And for a Canadian, you sure are clueless about news services in Canada. There are a myriad of sources Canadians get their news from:

https://blog.feedspot.com/canadian_news_websites/

The CBC is a Crown Corporation...not a direct branch of the government.

'Canadian Crown corporations (French: Sociétés d'État du Canada) are state-owned enterprises owned by the Sovereign of Canada (i.e. the Crown).[1][2][3] They are established by an Act of Parliament or Act of a provincial legislature and report to that body via a minister of the Crown in the relevant cabinet,[4] though they are "shielded from constant government intervention and legislative oversight" and thus "generally enjoy greater freedom from direct political control than government departments.'

Crown corporations of Canada - Wikipedia

Besides, being an old fart you would not know this, but most young people in Canada do NOT get their news from traditional news sources - but from the internet.

Good for these Canadians. Unlike you - most Canadians DESPISE/laugh at Trump at least as much as most Americans do.

Canadians overwhelmingly disapprove of Donald Trump, poll says | The Star

You are in the decided minority, pally boy.

I am sure you have not a clue where they get their news from. And for a Canadian, you sure are clueless about news services in Canada. There are a myriad of sources Canadians get their news from:

'Canadian Crown corporations (French: Sociétés d'État du Canada) are state-owned enterprises owned by the Sovereign of Canada (i.e. the Crown).[1][2][3] They are established by an Act of Parliament or Act of a provincial legislature and report to that body via a minister of the Crown in the relevant cabinet,[4] though they are "shielded from constant government intervention and legislative oversight" and thus "generally enjoy greater freedom from direct political control than government departments.'

Besides, being an old fart you would not know this, but most young people in Canada do NOT get their news from traditional news sources - but from the internet.

Good for these Canadians. Unlike you - most Canadians DESPISE/laugh at Trump at least as much as most Americans do.

Yeah, undercover RCMP and CSIS who masquerade as "contributors and work to manipulate news and push their narratives. Often anti-American as it were, just like our British Forefathers. They often do it this way intentionally by the way, so they can say with a straight face, "we don't have any covert operatives at CBC". This might be true, since they aren't working for CBC, they are Freelance per se.

We are the shytehole of the West.

Yeah, undercover RCMP and CSIS who masquerade as "contributors and work to manipulate news and push their narratives. Often anti-American as it were, just like our British Forefathers.

You sound demented to me. A couple of CSIS/RCMP bad apples does NOT a country make.

Canada is an extremely, well respected country. Check it out pally boy...NUMBER 1.

Most Loved Countries In The World

You are just some bitter, old fart who hates everything that is not far, right wing.

We are done here.

Have a nice day...eh.

What did the Capitals win? Is the Stanley Cup 2019 over? Who asked them to come to the WH? They have never won anything, have they?

Yeah, undercover RCMP and CSIS who masquerade as "contributors and work to manipulate news and push their narratives. Often anti-American as it were, just like our British Forefathers.

You sound demented to me. A couple of CSIS/RCMP bad apples does NOT a country make.

Canada is an extremely, well respected country. Check it out pally boy...NUMBER 1.

Most Loved Countries In The World

You are just some bitter, old fart who hates everything that is not far, right wing.

You skip over the latest news of Toronto police strip searching at extreme, creep rates. Or this today:
Toronto police secretly recorded these condo hallways without a warrant. Was that legal, or a serious privacy breach?

Toronto police secretly recorded these condo hallways without a warrant. Was that legal, or a serious privacy breach? | The Star

I say often, TPS, OPP, RCMP, CSIS have ruined our nation and reputation for generations to come.

What did the Capitals win? Is the Stanley Cup 2019 over? Who asked them to come to the WH? They have never won anything, have they?

They won the Cup in 2018, last year. This year hasn't been decided yet, playoffs start next month.

Why is it that some people can stand fof their personal values and some can't? Holby is ompletely within his rights to choose not to associate with the people who currently occupy the WH.

Why is it that some people can stand fof their personal values and some can't? Holby is ompletely within his rights to choose not to associate with the people who currently occupy the WH.

Of course it's his right, this is about basic respect for the WH process and the choice of the American People.

He isn't force to vote for him or even like him, just show up on behalf of your team. It's weak and flaky if you ask me.

Forum List

Back