Canadian Asks: Should Pres. Bush Be Arrested For War Crimes?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by NATO AIR, Nov 18, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    hope there aren't any canadians planning on trying this... why don't you guys arrest kissenger instead?

2. Isaac Brock

Isaac Brock Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I'm quite sure he won't be tried for war crimes in Canada. To my recollection, nobody has as of yet. In addition, though most of Canada did not and does not agree with what Bush did in Iraq, I don't think there is even popular support or belief that they are war crimes.

It's going to be a shaky meeting since relations have been at an all time low since the LBJ years. I hope Canadians at or near the meeting behave (including a certain MP), but I hope Martin does not simply bow to the wishes of the president to gain favour. I'd like to see a dialogue, not demands on both sides as there are some very serious bones of contentions that need to be resolved.

3. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    What are they again?

drilling in anwar? Your refusal to have sensible immigration policy? The idiocy of your unwillingess to recognize the threat to freedom inherent in the spread of radical islam?

4. Isaac Brock

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    You can read, I'll let you go look them up yourself.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Should the Canadian PM be arrested then for those actions of the Canadian military in Africa a few years ago? I can't recall all the details, but some Canadian soldiers killed a couple of African "insurgents" they had in their custody by beating them to death and sodomizing them with, I believe, the barrel of an M16. I will have to go find the story and post it.....

6. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937

Actually, it wasn't even an insurgent. It was a kid who hopped the fence at one of the Canadian forces compounds in Somalia.

Of course the PM should not be held responsible for that, and neither should Bush. Another stupid article from and equally stupid paper.

7. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I figured as much. Thanks for the clarification. I knew it was in Africa, I just couldn't remember if it was in Somalia or Rawanda.

8. Isaac Brock

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    The point boils down to this:

The majority of Canadians didn't and still don't agree with Bush on Iraq.
    The vast majority do not believe Bush is committing war crimes. Perhaps a few in Abu Graib, but not vast majority of US troops

It really is a non-issue.

As for Somolia. That WAS a war crime perpetrated by several members of the airborn, IMHO. They were court marshalled sentenced and had their entire airborne batallion disbanded. Honestly, I think we should have sent them to jail in Somolia for what they did.

9. MrMarbles

MrMarbles Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Bush tried for war crimes.... thats a stretch. I hope Canadians behave themselves when he is here. Peacful protests are all right. But no booing if he speaks to pariliament. You don't have to like, but treat him with respect.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Well this article certainly proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that we Americans do not have a monopoly on morons. What an idiotic premise. This guy would fit right in with the Hollyweird crowd.