Canadian AF Base Commander charged in murders

Emma

Evil Liberal Leftist™
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2010/02/08/12797701-qmi.html

Colonel gave detailed statement to police: report - CTV News

While police scour cold cases for any links to Col. Russell Williams, the base commander accused of murdering two Eastern Ontario women and sexually assaulting two others, details of what investigators know about the suspect are starting to leak out.

The former commander of CFB Trenton is charged with the first-degree murder of Jessica Lloyd, 27, who was found dead Monday, and Cpl. Marie-France Comeau, a 38-year-old air force flight attendant who was murdered in November. The 46-year-old Williams is also charged with forcible confinement, break and enter and sexual assault after two other women were allegedly attacked in their Tweed, Ont., homes last September.

The Globe and Mail reports that Williams led police to Lloyd's body at a location near Tweed, a small town north of Trenton, after giving them a detailed statement about his alleged crimes and involvement in "four dozen so-called ‘lingerie break-ins.'"

Williams was interviewed Sunday by members of the Ontario Provincial Police's criminal behavioural analysis section, the Globe reported in its Wednesday edition, which led to police laying charges against him.

During the interview, he gave police his statement in a "crisp, business-like fashion," which he appeared to do out of a sense of duty, the newspaper said.

But since the charges against Williams were made public, police have acknowledged they are zeroing in on his past and are taking a look at his prior postings with the military during his career.

September. November. January.

Serial rapist / killer.

The first article interviewed his victim from September:

She knew Col. Williams only to say hello. She did not even know he was CFB Trenton’s commander.

Shortly after Christmas, she drove past his front yard on Cosy Cove Lane.

She waved. He waved back.

Chilling...

Last edited:
A friend of ours lives down the street from this gal and knows this man. He was held in high regard by the community and took a active role in searching for her body at one point. Sadly this story is just getting started. Very tragic.

Mike

On another site I saw video/photos of him after the murders. Completely calm and collected, as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened. I agree with mike above; I think this is just beginning. Police have stated they don't believe he just started killing a few months ago.
Yuck. I'm with you. I bet this story gets epically creepy. Often serial killer stories are.

Gonna google this guy and see. Amazing how serial killers can fit into society and even be charming (like Bundy, for example).

On another site I saw video/photos of him after the murders. Completely calm and collected, as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened. I agree with mike above; I think this is just beginning. Police have stated they don't believe he just started killing a few months ago.
Yuck. I'm with you. I bet this story gets epically creepy. Often serial killer stories are.

Gonna google this guy and see. Amazing how serial killers can fit into society and even be charming (like Bundy, for example).

Didn't Bundy admit to (or give detailed 'hints' about) murders even the police weren't aware of?

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Police+find+keepsakes+military+commander+home/2564958/story.html

Ontario Provincial Police investigating Col. Russell Williams also said Sunday they have matched a print from a homicide scene to the 46-yearold's boot.

He is charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Jessica Lloyd, 27, and Cpl. Marie-France Comeau, 37, his subordinate at the Ontario airbase.

Williams also faces charges in two sexual assaults that saw the victims bound naked to chairs and photographed by their attacker.

The announcement Sunday marks the second time in the case that police have used old-fashioned forensics.

Earlier this month, investigators matched Williams' Nissan Pathfinder's tire tracks to another crime scene and cracked the case.

-----------

Police said the colonel directed officers to where they could find evidence -- including the keepsakes -- inside his Ottawa home.

Some of the evidence police were searching for were so-called trophies from the sex crimes, including victims' undergarments and photographs of the attack.

Baby blankets? One of the women he raped was a single mom; did he take her child's baby blankets?

Last edited:
Williams tried to frame neighbor in rapes, murders

And nearly succeeded in ruining this man:

<snip>

Late last fall, police hauled Jones into a station in nearby Madoc, Ont., and put him through 3 1/2 hours of questioning. They told him he was a suspect in the two separate sexual assaults and burglaries on his street in September. The victims were both women who lived alone. The attacks occurred in the dead of night. The intruder bound the women with duct tape, blindfolded them with pillow cases, tied them to chairs and photographed them.

"They asked all kinds of things. Did my father beat me? Did my mother molest me?" he says. "Personal stuff, like 'What kind of sex do you like?' "

Police told him it was one of the victims who had identified him.

"They told me this lady down here," he says, gesturing down Cosy Cove Lane, "recognized my voice when I was there in the room tying her up and stuff. This is what they told me. Maybe they were trying to get me going."

That came as a body blow to Jones, who has lived on the same tiny street for 43 years and is called by some "The Mayor of Cozy Cove."

A former provincial government employee, Jones has managed the local arena, run a gas station and worked as a carpenter in recent years.

He heads the local Stoco Lake ratepayers association, is a member of the legion and is a trail warden for the local snowmobile club, deputized to hand out $250 tickets to non-compliant sledders.

When the Ontario Provincial Police detective questioning him got tough, threatening to dig up the skeletons in his closet, Jones says he told him, "Go ahead, mister, I've had one speeding ticket in my whole life."

However, news spread fast that Jones was a suspect in the sexual assaults and he promptly became a pariah in town. Friends stopped coming by his converted two-car "garage" (which is carpeted, has an eight-seat dining table and a fully stocked bar). He no longer sought out casual chit chat on main street.

"It's like the end of the world," he said. "You walk downtown and people look at you and walk the other way. Or you walk by a restaurant and they're looking at you and pointing. 'There's the guy right there. That's him.' You see them pointing at you and everything, eh?"
<snip>

<snip>
But the day after his neighbour's arrest, Jones had a startling experience. That day, police set off in a grim convoy to retrieve the corpse of 27-year-old Jessica Lloyd, a Belleville, Ont., woman who had been missing for nearly two weeks.

The police convoy was headed in the direction of Jones's hunting camp.

The colour drained from his face. Williams tried to frame me, Jones recalls thinking. "That son of a bitch."

He suddenly remembered another odd event. Someone had broken into his workshop in late January &#8212; and instead of stealing any of his toys (which include a fishing boat, a deck boat and two shiny snowmobiles) &#8212; they took a dirty work coat, a pair of work gloves and a small blue lighter he used to spark the occasional backwoods cigar.

The lighter, he said, had grease marks so thick you could probably see his fingerprints with the naked eye. He says the strange theft happened Jan. 28, the night Lloyd disappeared from her Belleville home.

"So is my coat, my gloves and my lighter with her body?" he said recently. "Or is it in his house here? Where is it?"
<snip>

Last edited:
Ottawa home focus of search

Searching for photos and 'trophies' he'd taken.

Police are looking back at his movements over the years and possible connections to unsolved rapes/murders. A father of a murdered cadet is asking police to investigate too, thinking perhaps his son may have been a witness.

Link between Col. Russell Williams and cadet Joe Grozelle's death? Father wants review

There was a guy here who was in the Air Force who killed many prostitutes in the area and in the Seattle area. When they finally figured it was him and starting digging they found murders he commited while living In Walla Walla when he was younger. Along with connections to murders in Germany, where he was stationed for a period of time.
The murders in Seattle, they figured he did while stationed at Ft Lewis.
I am sure when they start looking into this guys career and where he was stationed, I would put money on them finding more victims.

New Topics

Forum List

Back