Canada to oppose bid for Palestinian statehood

Harper is bought and paid for by the Canadian Jewish lobby
Canada’s Israel Lobby
Canada’s relations with the Arab/Muslim world are second in importance and difficulty only to its relationship with the United States. The one serious threat to Canadian citizens now stems from the mounting anger of Arabs and other Muslims, fomented largely by Israel’s long-standing occupation of Palestine. The Mid-East conflict has for sixty years been the principal issue on the agenda of the UN General Assembly, a body in which Canadians like to shine. Trade with the Middle East, while modest, is largely in manufactured goods, the sort favoured by Canadian exporters.

Canada’s foreign policy, however, fails to reflect these concerns. Its votes in the UN General Assembly and other international bodies are closer in support of Israel than those of any other nation apart from the United States and its five Pacific satellites. Prime Minister Harper’s personal statements are more biased towards Israel than those of any other leader. (1) This imbalance does not accord with the advice of the men and women employed by Canada to determine and implement its interests in the Middle East.
The Progressive Mind » Canada

Soon

Bigtime, I might add. Canadians don't run or own this country, the zionists do. We just live here and pay our taxes while we sit back and loose our freedoms. Just great, eh? :eek:

Canada’s Israel Lobby
Canada’s relations with the Arab/Muslim world are second in importance and difficulty only to its relationship with the United States. The one serious threat to Canadian citizens now stems from the mounting anger of Arabs and other Muslims, fomented largely by Israel’s long-standing occupation of Palestine. The Mid-East conflict has for sixty years been the principal issue on the agenda of the UN General Assembly, a body in which Canadians like to shine. Trade with the Middle East, while modest, is largely in manufactured goods, the sort favoured by Canadian exporters.

Canada’s foreign policy, however, fails to reflect these concerns. Its votes in the UN General Assembly and other international bodies are closer in support of Israel than those of any other nation apart from the United States and its five Pacific satellites. Prime Minister Harper’s personal statements are more biased towards Israel than those of any other leader. (1) This imbalance does not accord with the advice of the men and women employed by Canada to determine and implement its interests in the Middle East.

Soon

Bigtime, I might add. Canadians don't run or own this country, the zionists do. We just live here and pay our taxes while we sit back and loose our freedoms. Just great, eh? :eek:

You poor thing. Do they poison the well water too? :rolleyes:

Canada’s Israel Lobby

Soon

Another vertically challenged little twit afraid of the Jews. Hey, punkass, there's one under your bed :lol:

Pussy

Well this could have been an interesting discussion except for those who have nothing to contribute but thrown food. A pity.

Doesn't anybody other than Canada see a problem with official recognition of a state of Palestine while Palestinian leaders are still on record as intending to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth? Nobody sees a reason to insist that the Palestinian leadership renounce that intention before they receive statehood?

Well this could have been an interesting discussion except for those who have nothing to contribute but thrown food. A pity.

Doesn't anybody other than Canada see a problem with official recognition of a state of Palestine while Palestinian leaders are still on record as intending to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth? Nobody sees a reason to insist that the Palestinian leadership renounce that intention before they receive statehood?

Who are the Palestinians? What is Palestine? I see no Palestine or Palestinians in the Bible.

Last edited:

Oh, yes many do but many are not willing to stand up Foxfyre. The Muslim bloc is powerful in the United Nations. The oil contracts alone and vote sharing can not be compared although the reverse discrimination is called out loudly.

But the extremists of both sides try to shut up the more moderate voices. Clearly one can see which side excels at those methods, but both are involved for certain.

Oh, yes many do but many are not willing to stand up Foxfyre. The Muslim bloc is powerful in the United Nations. The oil contracts alone and vote sharing can not be compared although the reverse discrimination is called out loudly.

But the extremists of both sides try to shut up the more moderate voices. Clearly one can see which side excels at those methods, but both are involved for certain.

Extremists on both sides? Show us where in the Torah it says to murder Muslims like the Quran says to murder Jews.

Show us examples of Jewish suicide bombers blowing up Muslim discos and buses and Jewish leaders calling for the genocide of Muslims as Muslims do against Jews.

Go on, show us, POS

Last edited:
Extremists on both sides? Show us where in the Torah it says to murder Muslims like the Quran says to murder Jews.

Show us examples of Jewish suicide bombers blowing up Muslim discos and buses and Jewish leaders calling for the genocide of Muslims as Muslims do against Jews.

Go on, show us, POS

You try and do it here.

Look at the forum. Look at your flood of invective.

You are lost to discussion and modernity by your fear driven hatred. I live in Israel for 4 - 5 months a year. The settlers are very extremist. Let me tell you. Israel brought them in to man the gates as it were and they are not going to easily leave either. You think Gaza was a move? No, there are both sides. Remember the population of the Jews. For every one Jewish extremist, there is likely hundreds of Muslim extremists. And I'm not going to discuss or argue degrees of extremism.

But for my view, I am now considered a POS. Remember JStone? You did the same thing to me as Marc39 for the same responses of mine.

They have not changed in all this time.

Go on, show us, POS

You try and do it here.

You are lost to discussion and modernity by your fear driven hatred. I live in Israel for 4 - 5 months a year. The settlers are very extremist. Let me tell you. Israel brought them in to man the gates as it were and they are not going to easily leave either. You think Gaza was a move? No, there are both sides. Remember the population of the Jews. For every one Jewish extremist, there is likely hundreds of Muslim extremists. And I'm not going to discuss or argue degrees of extremism.

But for my view, I am now considered a POS. Remember JStone? You did the same thing to me as Marc39 for the same responses of mine.

Soooo, no examples of Israeli extremism, after all. No worries, dink.

Go on, show us, POS

You try and do it here.

You are one very, very stupid person. Now, go sit in the corner wearing your dunce cap.

Eminent Journalist Sir Harold Evans, Knighted for Services to Journalism and the International Press Institute's "50 Heroes Of World Press Freedom" and Former Editor of the London Times.
Four years ago Israel voluntarily pulled out all its soldiers and uprooted all its settlers [from Gaza]. Here was a wonderful chance for Gaza to be the building block of a Palestinian state, and for Hamas to do what the Israelis did – take a piece of land and build a model state. They didn't. Instead of helping the desperate Palestinians, they conducted a religious war.

...Hamas is committed not just to fight Israeli soldiers; it is a terrorist organisation hellbent on the destruction of the state of Israel.

While new rockets hit Israel over many months there was no rush by the world's moralisers – including Britain – to censure Hamas, no urgency as there was in "world opinion" when Israel finally responded. Then Israel was immediately accused of a "disproportionate" response without anyone thinking: "What is a 'proportionate' attack against an enemy dedicated to exterminating your people?" A dedication to exterminating all of his?

Colonel Richard Kemp, a British commander in Bosnia and Afghanistan, stated: "The Israeli Defence Forces did more to safeguard the rights of civilians in a combat zone than any other army in the history of warfare." The "collateral damage" was less than the Nato allies inflicted on the Bosnians in the conflict with Yugoslavia.

No doubt there were blunders. A defensive war is still a war with all its suffering and destruction. But Hamas compounded its original war crime with another. It held its own people hostage. It used them as human shields. It regarded every (accidental) death as another bullet in the propaganda war.
A moral atrocity | Harold Evans | Comment is free | The Guardian

Last edited:
There was a time that small groups of militant Zionists did commit acts of terrorism in their efforts to force creation of an Israeli state. Such groups as the Irgun, Haganah, Palmach, and Lehi targeted British authorities, U.N. personnel, Arabs, and others. They most likely held up creation of the State of Israel that was ultimately provided by the more reasonable and peaceful actions of most of the Jews who wanted a State of Israel.

Israel since has denounced such terrorist acts and does not engage in them while creating the most democratic and free nation that exists in the Middle East. Are there still extremist Jews? Of course there are just as there are extremists among all groups everywhere. Is terrorism a tactic or policy of Israel now. No it is not.

Is terrorism a tactic or policy of militant Palestine including its leadership? Yes it is. And until that fact is dealt with, I think all thinking people understand why no formal state of Palestine should be recognized.

There was a time that small groups of militant Zionists did commit acts of terrorism in their efforts to force creation of an Israeli state. Such groups as the Irgun, Haganah, Palmach, and Lehi targeted British authorities, U.N. personnel, Arabs, and others. They most likely held up creation of the State of Israel that was ultimately provided by the more reasonable and peaceful actions of most of the Jews who wanted a State of Israel.

Israel since has denounced such terrorist acts and does not engage in them while creating the most democratic and free nation that exists in the Middle East. Are there still extremist Jews? Of course there are just as there are extremists among all groups everywhere. Is terrorism a tactic or policy of Israel now. No it is not.

Is terrorism a tactic or policy of militant Palestine including its leadership? Yes it is. And until that fact is dealt with, I think all thinking people understand why no formal state of Palestine should be recognized.

Very well put. However, I believe one also needs to look at the settlers as they were brought in to man the gates and although there is no policy of extremism or terror as a policy of Israel, there is no doubt that the settlers do extreme and terrorist acts and the government does not do much more than pay lip service.

And yes, there are far more terrorist acts from the other side and yes they have state sponsoring.

It's not at all uncommon knowledge for people who actually do live there. The border is where their most extreme are and ours as well.

We will not man our gates with our children. We will with our most extreme minded. It is true and I accept it as a necessary response.

But there it is regardless.

Very well put. However, I believe one also needs to look at the settlers as they were brought in to man the gates and although there is no policy of extremism or terror as a policy of Israel, there is no doubt that the settlers do extreme and terrorist acts and the government does not do much more than pay lip service.

And yes, there are far more terrorist acts from the other side and yes they have state sponsoring.

It's not at all uncommon knowledge for people who actually do live there. The border is where their most extreme are and ours as well.

We will not man our gates with our children. We will with our most extreme minded. It is true and I accept it as a necessary response.

But there it is regardless.

Jews living in Israel are not settlers, stupid. Now, you know, stupid.:clap2:

Pulitzer Prize-Winning Writer Charles Krauthammer...
Israel is the very embodiment of Jewish continuity: It is the only nation on earth that inhabits the same land, bears the same name, speaks the same language, and worships the same God that it did 3,000 years ago. You dig the soil and you find pottery from Davidic times, coins from Bar Kokhba, and 2,000-year-old scrolls written in a script remarkably like the one that today advertises ice cream at the corner candy store.

Tel Dan Stele Verifying King David Dynasty 3000 years ago
The Tel Dan Stela and the Kings of Aram and Israel

Judaea Capta Coins Minted By Romans against Jews 2000 years ago
Judaea Capta coinage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jewish Dead Sea Scrolls 2000 years old.
Dead Sea Scrolls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yale University Press: The Archaeology of Ancient Israel
In this lavishly illustrated book some of Israel's foremost archaeologists present a thorough, up-to-date, and readily accessible survey of early life in the land of the Bible, from the Neolithic era (eighth millennium B.C.E.) to the fall of Jerusalem and the destruction of the First Temple in 586 B.C.E. It will be a delightful and informative resource for anyone who has ever wanted to know more about the religious, scientific, or historical background of the region.
The Archaeology of Ancient Israel - Ben-Tor, Amnon; Greenberg, R. - Yale University Press

There was a time that small groups of militant Zionists did commit acts of terrorism in their efforts to force creation of an Israeli state.

Er, Israel was a state 3000 years ago. Open a book, fk'ing moron.:lol:

Pulitzer Prize-Winning Writer Charles Krauthammer...
Israel is the very embodiment of Jewish continuity: It is the only nation on earth that inhabits the same land, bears the same name, speaks the same language, and worships the same God that it did 3,000 years ago. You dig the soil and you find pottery from Davidic times, coins from Bar Kokhba, and 2,000-year-old scrolls written in a script remarkably like the one that today advertises ice cream at the corner candy store.

PBS: Civilization and the Jews
The interaction of Jewish history and Western civilization successively assumed different forms. In the Biblical and Ancient periods, Israel was an integral part of the Near Eastern and classical world, which gave birth to Western civilization. It shared the traditions of ancient Mesopotamia and the rest of that world with regard to it’s own beginning; it benefited from the decline of Egypt and the other great Near Eastern empires to emerge as a nation in it’s own right; it asserted it’s claim to the divinely promised Land of Israel...
PBS - Heritage

University of Chicago Oriental Institute---Empires in the Fertile Crescent: : Israel, Ancient Assyria, and Anatolia
Visitors will get a rare look at one of the most important geographic regions in the ancient Near East beginning January 29 with the opening of "Empires in the Fertile Crescent: Ancient Assyria, Anatolia and Israel," the newest galleries at the Museum of the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago.

The galleries showcase artifacts that illustrate the power of these ancient civilizations, including sculptural representations of tributes demanded by kings of ancient Assyria, and some sources of continual fascination, such as a fragment of the Dead Sea Scrolls--one of the few examples in the United States.

"Visitors begin in Assyria, move across Anatolia and down the Mediterranean coast to the land of ancient Israel. The galleries also trace the conquests of the Assyrian empire across the Middle East and follow their trail to Israel."

The Israelites, who emerged as the dominant people of that region in about 975 B.C. are documented by many objects of daily life, a large stamp engraved with a biblical text and an ossuary (box for bones) inscribed in Hebrew.
Probably the most spectacular portion of the Megiddo gallery, however, is the Megiddo ivories. These exquisitely carved pieces of elephant tusks were inlays in furniture, and a particularly large piece was made into a game board.

Oriental Institute | Museum

Harvard Semitic Museum: The Houses of Ancient Israel
In archaeological terms The Houses of Ancient Israel: Domestic, Royal, Divine focuses on the Iron Age (1200-586 B.C.E.). Iron I (1200-1000 B.C.E.) represents the premonarchical period. Iron II (1000-586 B.C.E.) was the time of kings. Uniting the tribal coalitions of Israel and Judah in the tenth century B.C.E., David and Solomon ruled over an expanding realm. After Solomon's death (c. 930 B.C.E.) Israel and Judah separated into two kingdoms.
Israel was led at times by strong kings, Omri and Ahab in the ninth century B.C.E. and Jereboam II in the eighth. In the end, however, Israel was no match for expansionist Assyria. Samaria, the Israelite capital, fell to the Assyrians in 722 B.C.E.

The Houses of Ancient Israel § Semitic Museum

University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology: Canaan and Ancient Israel
The first major North American exhibition dedicated to the archaeology of ancient Israel and neighboring lands, "Canaan and Ancient Israel" features more than 350 rare artifacts from about 3,000 to 586 B.C.E., excavated by University of Pennsylvania Museum archaeologists in Israel,
Artcom Museums Tour: University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, Philadelphia PA

Yale Law School Faculty Scholarship Series: Ancient Land Law in Israel, Mesopotamia, Egypt
This Article provides an overview of the land regimes that the peoples of Mesopotamia, Egypt, and Israel created by law and custom between 3000 B.C. and 500 B.C

A look at land regimes in the earliest periods of human history can illuminate debate over the extent to which human institutions can be expected to vary from time to time and place to place.
"Ancient Land Law: Mesopotamia, Egypt, Israel" by Robert C. Ellickson and Charles DiA. Thorland

Yale University Press: Education in Ancient Israel
In this groundbreaking new book, distinguished biblical scholar James L. Crenshaw investigates both the pragmatic hows and the philosophical whys of education in ancient Israel and its surroundings. Asking questions as basic as "Who were the teachers and students and from what segment of Israelite society did they come?" and "How did instructors interest young people in the things they had to say?" Crenshaw explores the institutions and practices of education in ancient Israel. The results are often surprising and more complicated than one would expect.

Education in Ancient Israel - Crenshaw, James L - Yale University Press

Yale University Press: The Archaeology of Ancient Israel
In this lavishly illustrated book some of Israel's foremost archaeologists present a thorough, up-to-date, and readily accessible survey of early life in the land of the Bible, from the Neolithic era (eighth millennium B.C.E.) to the fall of Jerusalem and the destruction of the First Temple in 586 B.C.E. It will be a delightful and informative resource for anyone who has ever wanted to know more about the religious, scientific, or historical background of the region.
The Archaeology of Ancient Israel - Ben-Tor, Amnon; Greenberg, R. - Yale University Press

Cambridge University Press: The World of Ancient Israel
The Bodies of God and the World of Ancient Israel - Academic and Professional Books - Cambridge University Press

Cambridge University Press: Wisdom in Ancient Israel
Wisdom in Ancient Israel - Academic and Professional Books - Cambridge University Press

PBS Nova...
In the banks of the Nile in southern Egypt in 1896, British archaeologisit Flinders Petrie unearthed one of the most important discoveries in biblical archaeology known as the Merneptah Stele. Merneptah's stele announces the entrance on the world stage of a People named Israel.

The Merneptah Stele is powerful evidence that a People called the Israelites are living in Canaan over 3000 years ago

Dr. Donald Redford, Egyptologist and archaeologist: The Merneptah Stele is priceless evidence for the presence of an ethnical group called Israel in Canaan.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvg2EZAEw5c]1/13 The Bible's Buried Secrets (NOVA PBS) - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back