Canada to follow suit after close prop 19 results?

Jan 17, 2011
Not much worries me more than having my kids grow up in a country where you can buy DRUGS over the counter at any 711. So I thank Lord Jesus every day that the issue of legal pot has been at least temporarily put to bed. But its hard not to wonder how those quirky canucks to the north haven't had any sort of similar movement towards the legalization of the devil's lettuce... I mean, the stuff practically grows in fields up there (illegally that is), so I'm surprised that I haven't heard much commotion in the way of Canada legalizing the stuff. You'd think that if they can't stop 75% of the population from smoking it anyways that they'd at least think about taxing it?

What's so devil about it?

Are we in a time were we can buy Alcohol over the counter? Yes. Now tell me, is it more harmful than pot?

Let me guess, you also believe 85% of Teens are addicted to Marijuana.... oh! and that it's also a gateway drug.

Not much worries me more than having my kids grow up in a country where you can buy DRUGS over the counter at any 711.

Instead they can buy it from some guy....and then go to jail for it.

marijuana_mag_cover.jpg

Not much worries me more than having my kids grow up in a country where you can buy DRUGS over the counter at any 711. So I thank Lord Jesus every day that the issue of legal pot has been at least temporarily put to bed. But its hard not to wonder how those quirky canucks to the north haven't had any sort of similar movement towards the legalization of the devil's lettuce... I mean, the stuff practically grows in fields up there (illegally that is), so I'm surprised that I haven't heard much commotion in the way of Canada legalizing the stuff. You'd think that if they can't stop 75% of the population from smoking it anyways that they'd at least think about taxing it?

You know Anderson Cooper is a homosexual right? How does that square with the Lord Jesus?

Futhermore, are you aware of the irony in calling yourself Lust for Liberty?

Yes, much better to buy your drugs from the dealer off the street. btw, alcohol isn't a drug?

The devil's lettuce? wtf? :lol: :cuckoo:

@ Don't Taz Me . . . I did not know Anderson Cooper was homosexual. That's true?

Yes, much better to buy your drugs from the dealer off the street. btw, alcohol isn't a drug?

The devil's lettuce? wtf? :lol: :cuckoo:

@ Don't Taz Me . . . I did not know Anderson Cooper was homosexual. That's true?

OP has something against cabbage, calling it the devil's lettuce. :lol:

Not much worries me more than having my kids grow up in a country where you can buy DRUGS over the counter at any 711.
Whilst it's perfectly legal to force them to pipe down dangerous narcotics/pharmaceuticals such as Ritalin, Anti-Psychotics, and Anti-Depressants.

And what about tobacco and liquor? Those aren't drugs?

So I thank Lord Jesus every day that the issue of legal pot has been at least temporarily put to bed. But its hard not to wonder how those quirky canucks to the north haven't had any sort of similar movement towards the legalization of the devil's lettuce... I mean, the stuff practically grows in fields up there (illegally that is), so I'm surprised that I haven't heard much commotion in the way of Canada legalizing the stuff. You'd think that if they can't stop 75% of the population from smoking it anyways that they'd at least think about taxing it?
Some counties in California need the pot industry. It's 60-80 percent of the economy in those certain counties, the logging industry is dead as a rusted nail there and no other industry is rising to replace it aside from marijuana. So pot, in certain respects, is an economic lifeline for a plethora a people whether you like it or not. Without that crop, It's difficult to imagine how destitute and welfare-ridden such places would become.

Last edited:
And yet I still have not seen ONE factual argument for the continued illegalization of drugs. I say drugs mind you, NOT just pot but drugs in general. There is ZERO reason to continue with the persecution of people that are trying to get high and the MASSIVE harm that comes to our population because of it.

And yet I still have not seen ONE factual argument for the continued illegalization of drugs. I say drugs mind you, NOT just pot but drugs in general. There is ZERO reason to continue with the persecution of people that are trying to get high and the MASSIVE harm that comes to our population because of it.

You mean like someone on crack going berserk and running through a crowd stabbing people?

OMG your nightmare has come true. I just went to 711 and bought alcohol, nicotine, and a cup of coffee.

But last time I check Kids still can't buy Alcohol or Ciggerettes.

The War on Drugs is pure fascism and anti-liberty.

What do you think the founders of the nation would say about outlawing Hemp because some people were smoking the female flowers?

All you have to do is watch Reefer Madness to see the horrors that the Demon Weed can wreak on society.

You mean like someone on crack going berserk and running through a crowd stabbing people?
You mean like what happens now with uncontrolled and random strength drugs being sold on the streets. Or do you mean how that happens when a dealer gets stiffed and shoots at the buyer and hits a child walking home instead. Ya, THAT'S a good argument. Go study what happened when we tried to make alcohol illegal in this country and the number of problems that created, not to mention deaths. Ever heard of Al Capone? You would never have known his name if we had not tried the failed 'war on alcohol.' People are going to get high, PERIOD. legal control of that substance and restricting will help and destroy the criminal syndicate that follows it overnight.
Now, if you actually have something of substance other than blind fear or those evil drug addicts then come back.

Forum List

Back