Canada Pulls Out Of Kyoto Protocol...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Another big blow to the Global Warming Alarmists...

Canada pulled out of the Kyoto Protocol on climate change Monday, saying the accord won't help solve the climate crisis. It dealt a blow to the anti-global warming treaty, which has not been formally renounced by any other country. Environment Minister Peter Kent said that Canada is invoking its legal right to withdraw and said Kyoto doesn't represent the way forward for Canada or the world.

Canada, joined by Japan and Russia, said last year it will not accept new Kyoto commitments, but withdrawing from the accord is another setback to the treaty concluded with much fanfare in 1997.

The protocol, initially adopted in Kyoto, Japan, in 1997, is aimed at fighting global warming. Canada's previous Liberal government signed the accord but did little to implement it and Prime Minister Stephen Harper's Conservative government never embraced it.

"To meet the targets under Kyoto for 2012 would be the equivalent of either removing every car, truck, ATV, tractor, ambulance, police car and vehicle of every kind from Canadian roads or closing down the entire farming and agriculture sector and cutting heat to every home, office, hospital, factory and building in Canada," Kent said.

Read More:
Canada pulls out of Kyoto Protocol

Canada went through their debt crisis in the 90s so they're a bit ahead of the curve when it comes to calling out and cutting out bullshit.

Canada went through their debt crisis in the 90s so they're a bit ahead of the curve when it comes to calling out and cutting out bullshit.

You bet.

Canada did major overhaul on its economy and got themselves straightened out. NO more work for 3 weeks and take the rest of the year off on UE.

To bad Barry and our illustrious Congress critters dont' take a clue from the success that is Canada now.

As for Kyoto I could alway see why Bush wouldn't sign onto that bullshit. Canada sees why now also.

:thup:

It was a charade anyways. There was no way Canada was going to make it.

The target was set by former Liberal Prime Minister Jean Chretien, who set Canada's target at 6% below the US's. Why 6% below America's? No reason, other than so he could say Canada did better than America.

It's the right decision.

Of course they pulled out it is part of the deal to get the pipeline approved.

:eusa_eh:seriously? I have not heard that, can you link to that please?

anyway on a general note- Durban was a total bust. they promised to promise to come back in a few years and try again. their 'fund' where by we the 'rich ' nations pony up 100 Billion to give to the UN to spend on the po' nations is a bust too, thank god.

anyway on a general note- Durban was a total bust. they promised to promise to come back in a few years and try again. their 'fund' where by we the 'rich ' nations pony up 100 Billion to give to the UN to spend on the po' nations is a bust too, thank god.

You heard it from me first.
I have been far more accurate than the politicians or experts on the major developments of the past decade than they have.

I have been far more accurate than the politicians or experts on the major developments of the past decade than they have.

:rolleyes:

you do realize that to appease obama it would have been better for them to stay in, than leave the accords, they could have used that as a bargaining chip.......

:rolleyes:

you do realize that to appease obama it would have been better for them to stay in, than leave the accords, they could have used that as a bargaining chip.......

No only your percieved Obama, not the real one.
He is Bush III.

Believe me, I have truely been correct more often than the experts.

Canada has no shortage of people who don't care about the environment either.

Forum List

Back