Canada invades US........Burns White House

According to the sources, Trudeau pressed Trump on how he could justify the tariffs as a "national security" issue. In response, Trump quipped to Trudeau, "Didn't you guys burn down the White House?" referring to the War of 1812.

The problem with Trump's comments to Trudeau is that British troops burned down the White House during the War of 1812. Historians note the British attack on Washington was in retaliation for the American attack on York, Ontario, in territory that eventually became Canada, which was then a British colony.

According to the sources, Trudeau pressed Trump on how he could justify the tariffs as a "national security" issue. In response, Trump quipped to Trudeau, "Didn't you guys burn down the White House?" referring to the War of 1812.

The problem with Trump's comments to Trudeau is that British troops burned down the White House during the War of 1812. Historians note the British attack on Washington was in retaliation for the American attack on York, Ontario, in territory that eventually became Canada, which was then a British colony.
Trump speaks in the future tense.

:eusa_doh: just when you thought donny-liddle-hands couldn't be more of an American embarrassment.

We did worse during your war with the Brits, look up "impressment". We've never lost this lack of character and courage unfortunately, to this day, save for our brave soldiers of course. I speak from personal experience.

As it were, we do far worse today, we burn your industries and fleece your nation like only China and Mexico do. Well done Canada, excellent job if you were looking to "win". I confronted Canada about it a decade ago much to my own suffering, and I am confident if people listened, against all odds, we would have a different system today and Trump wouldn't view us the way he rightfully does.

Trump isn't so happy with the Status Quo, and either are Americans it appears. For the record, we are indeed a National Security threat to the United States.

We did worse during your war with the Brits, look up "impressment". We've never lost this lack of character and courage unfortunately, to this day, save for our brave soldiers of course. I speak from personal experience.

As it were, we do far worse today, we burn your industries and fleece your nation like only China and Mexico do. Well done Canada, excellent job if you were looking to "win". I confronted Canada about it a decade ago much to my own suffering, and I am confident if people listened, against all odds, we would have a different system today and Trump wouldn't view us the way he rightfully does.

Trump isn't so happy with the Status Quo, and either are Americans it appears. For the record, we are indeed a National Security threat to the United States.

I'm still trying to figure out how the word "fake" in your handle got changed to "shocked".

Canadians are notoriously bad spellers, eh?

They should be absorbed...

How can they afford to do that with the high wages and high taxes in Canada...

I looked it up. It's forcing people into military service, either with or without notice.

The US Navy used to shanghai people for service when they first started. Matter of fact, there have been several Navies that have done so.

But we don't do it any longer. It's an outdated practice that has gone the way of the dodo.

I looked it up. It's forcing people into military service, either with or without notice.

The US Navy used to shanghai people for service when they first started. Matter of fact, there have been several Navies that have done so.

But we don't do it any longer. It's an outdated practice that has gone the way of the dodo.

Actually, the Brits took your naval ships that were in U.S waters, drove them to Halifax and Quebec. The U.S were pissed, the Brits told them that since Americans wouldn't accept a tax from the Brits, they would take your ships, soldiers and anything they wanted to simply because they had the dominant navy.

America is now asserting their sovereignty, and notice how as I stated Canada would, like the EU did initially when Trump applied lower taxes, Canada called any tariffs "illegal". In short, America is at the mercy of the WTO and UN. They tell you to jump, you ask how high. That's globalism guys, that's part of the way to destroy the U.S

To these whiner countries I say, pay your tariffs. You place more barriers on trade than America does, by a country mile. They don't WANT to be capitalist, they are just fine fleecing America for their Monarchies.

He's not so off. At least he didn't reference the French and Indian War. THAT would have been embarrassing.

The british navy used press gangs in its glory days. They would scour the streets of the port towns looking for likely lads.
They would also snatch people off other ships if they needed too. So a british frigate coming across an American whaler would fill up its ranks with the fittest.
Many Americans fought for the Queen in this way.

Forum List

Back