Canada free health care

As a resident Canadian on USMB, I can state that generally, Canadians are happy with the healthcare, though like America, there is room for improvement.

Eventually, there will be a private option alongside the public program simply because taxes are already high and healthcare is eating up more and more of the budget.

Quebec is breaking some laws in that area, but no one seems to care.

In the end it's what you prefer but it would be good if people wouldn't misrepresent the facts of health care systems around the world simply to bolster their ideological view of something which shouldn't be grounded in ideology.

Are you talking about my post here? If so I just picked France b/c they were ranked as having the best health care system in the world by the world health organization and i just stated if the US followed their system, there would be drawbacks. If you were referring to my post, would you think that companies wouldnt end up doing this?

No I wasn't referring to your post. It was a generalisation.

As a resident Canadian on USMB, I can state that generally, Canadians are happy with the healthcare, though like America, there is room for improvement.

Eventually, there will be a private option alongside the public program simply because taxes are already high and healthcare is eating up more and more of the budget.

Quebec is probably showing the way.

Quebec is probably showing the way.

There's no reason on earth not to have more private options, with out cutting back on what is already available.

Agreed. Perhaps it's ideology? I admit to having no idea why private providers and associated plans such as private health insurance are frowned upon - apparently - my most provinces. I know here in Australia there was, for a time, an ideological opposition to it but in the end common sense won out. I may be off beam but it seems to me that if someone can afford - either by direct payment or by insurance - to take the pressure off the public health system then that's beneficial for everyone.

Agreed. Perhaps it's ideology? I admit to having no idea why private providers and associated plans such as private health insurance are frowned upon - apparently - my most provinces. I know here in Australia there was, for a time, an ideological opposition to it but in the end common sense won out. I may be off beam but it seems to me that if someone can afford - either by direct payment or by insurance - to take the pressure off the public health system then that's beneficial for everyone.

When you consider group plans are fairly inexpensive - I was paying 20 a month for basic medical and a supreme dental for three people....I don't get it either.

Forum List

Back