Canada Establishes Litmus Test For Government Jobs

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau spoke Wednesday about a new requirement in the Canadian summer jobs grant application that groups must indicate support for “the right to access safe and legal abortions” to be included in the program. Trudeau defended the requirement and called groups opposed to abortion “not in line with where we are as a government, and quite frankly where we are as a society.”

"If you're pro-life then you are ridiculed and insulted, but if you're pro-choice then you are praised," a student told Trudeau at a town hall at McMaster University and was greeted with applause.

Trudeau replied that defending rights and freedoms “is at the core of who I am and, quite frankly, is at the core of who Canada is. … At the same time, we need to know that there is a difference between freedom of expression and acting on those expressions and beliefs.”

He went on to explain his issue with pro-life groups receiving the grant.

“An organization that has the explicit purpose of restricting women’s rights by removing rights to abortion and the right for women to control their own bodies is not in line with where we are as a government, and quite frankly where we are as a society,” he said.

Trudeau Says Canadian Pro-life Groups 'Not in Line with Who We Are as a Society'
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So much for that "freedom" thing ....

When only people who are murderers can have government jobs I’m sure life will get much better up there.

When only people who are murderers can have government jobs I’m sure life will get much better up there.
Today, abortions - you don't have the right political opinion, you're not hired.

Tomorrow, guns - you don't have the right political opinion, you're not hired.

Then, Israel - you don't condemn Israel, you're not hired.

Next, Islam - you don't worship Allah, you're not hired.

Certainly, a good way to make sure you advance a political agenda .... make sure politicians all think in lock-step.

Today, abortions - you don't have the right political opinion, you're not hired.

Tomorrow, guns - you don't have the right political opinion, you're not hired.

Then, Israel - you don't condemn Israel, you're not hired.

Next, Islam - you don't worship Allah, you're not hired.

Certainly, a good way to make sure you advance a political agenda .... make sure politicians all think in lock-step.
You ever notice the left's litmus tests for government employees is how deranged their opinions have to be? No morals or common sense even enters the thought process.

Forum List

Back