Canada Doing something Right

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
Small nukes for energy. Us needs to keep up in this emerging tech, for the children of course.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/nuclear-power-small-modular-reactor-1.5188048
Canada is positioning itself up to be a leader in a new age of nuclear power by exploring the use of small modular reactors (SMR).
Renewable energy, such as wind and solar, has increased over the same time, but only enough to make up for the loss of nuclear, which also produces zero emissions — rather than replacing carbon-emitting sources like oil and natural gas. As a result, the IEA says that over the past 20 years, the share of low carbon electricity has remained flat — at 36 per cent.

This technology was offered to small rural American villages around 10 years ago.

It was declined due to raging enviros who seemed to like the stink of diesel smoke better than anything with "nuclear" in the name.

America's loss; Canada's gain.

Canada is cool. We should be more like Canada.

Renewable energy, such as wind and solar, has increased over the same time, but only enough to make up for the loss of nuclear, which also produces zero emissions — rather than replacing carbon-emitting sources like oil and natural gas. As a result, the IEA says that over the past 20 years, the share of low carbon electricity has remained flat — at 36 per cent.
There has been no loss of nuclear energy? I would question any article that uses a blatant lie.

There has been no loss of nuclear energy? I would question any article that uses a blatant lie.
Article states there has been and solar has replaced it meaning a net gain of zero carbon reduction.

Small nukes for energy. Us needs to keep up in this emerging tech, for the children of course.
Canada is positioning itself up to be a leader in a new age of nuclear power by exploring the use of small modular reactors (SMR).
No, nuclear is not emission free. You have the nuclear waste to deal with. And you will have to show me where these little nukes can match renewables in cost. According to Lazard, nukes still produce electricity at 3 to 4 times the cost of stand alone renewables, at about 5 times the cost of renewables and storage.

No, nuclear is not emission free. You have the nuclear waste to deal with. And you will have to show me where these little nukes can match renewables in cost. According to Lazard, nukes still produce electricity at 3 to 4 times the cost of stand alone renewables, at about 5 times the cost of renewables and storage.
You need to read more than your propaganda.,

o mi gawd.

There are NO renewables that can produce baseline power. They are a parlor game.

The high cost of nukes (SMR's) is largely due to neurotic bureaucrats imposing hyper-regulation on an industry that has NEVER HAD AN INDUSTRIAL FATALITY since it began in 1953. OOOOOOOOOH the danger!!!

Spent fuel storage is a totally manageable challenge, fucked up by neurotic Greenies. And it will be unnecessary when we get our heads out of our asses and start re-processing spent fuel again.

When I worked for Westinghouse in 2012 they had a SMR ready to go, but lost a vital DOE contract to another company. Not sure where it is now, but the technology has been around for quite a while.

OK, when private insurance companies offer nuke plants insurance I will agree on their safety. As for your other nonsense, the South Australia wind and storage plant is proving what nonsense you spew.

Lazard is pure propaganda. You make an outragous claim that the direct subsidies prove is a lie.

no, nuclear is not emission free. You have the nuclear waste to deal with.

Old Croc is a filthy liar. There is no emissions from nuclear waste. Zero.

Forum List

Back