Can you sue someone for a guy's suicide?

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
There was this lady, whos brother committed suicide. He was a teacher, prepared for it since he was 7 years old. But when his divorce was going on, his wife accused him with pedophilia, and he was prevented from teaching. This made him commit suicide. In addition to the fact that a baseless accusation was enough to ruin his career and cause his death, could we tell her to sue the wife for character deformation and murder?

There was this man. His son was a heroin addict. He tried everything to stop and did, many times. The dealer always found him and the addiction was renewed. Finally this man's son hanged himself. The man who tried to help his own son found the body. Then he sued the drug dealer and lost the case. It was a suicide not a murder no matter that everything the man said was true. The dealer knew the son was suicidal and deliberately sold him the drug.

Oh by the way that man's name was Carroll O'Connor.

Of course not. She didn't murder him.

She shouldn't be charged for his death, but she should certainly be charged with everything else under the sun - because only a complete bitch would make such terrible allegations against someone.

But then at the same time, the man wouldn't have killed himself had his wife not lied. Her actions led to his decision to take his own life.

There was this lady, whos brother committed suicide. He was a teacher, prepared for it since he was 7 years old. But when his divorce was going on, his wife accused him with pedophilia, and he was prevented from teaching. This made him commit suicide. In addition to the fact that a baseless accusation was enough to ruin his career and cause his death, could we tell her to sue the wife for character deformation and murder?

Murder? You can't sue for murder. Its called wrongful death.

Character "deformation" ? Its called defamation and laying false accusations of child molestation certainly qualifies. Sue the fuck out of her.

She shouldn't be charged for his death, but she should certainly be charged with everything else under the sun - because only a complete bitch would make such terrible allegations against someone.

But then at the same time, the man wouldn't have killed himself had his wife not lied. Her actions led to his decision to take his own life.

If she lied to the police she could be charged with filing a false police report. That's all.

If she lied to the police she could be charged with filing a false police report. That's all.

She is also liable for defamation.

The OP mentioned character defamation. That is another charge I would go for.

She is also liable for defamation.

Nope. He's dead. If he hadn't killed himself he would have had a great defamation case.

Nope. He's dead. If he hadn't killed himself he would have had a great defamation case.

He is dead because of her.

You mean to say that she gets away with ruining a persons life?

If that is really the case, I would want the law changed.

Have at it.
You won't get anywhere but it will keep you busy.

It probably won't change. I will have to check what the laws are here. They might be different.

Had the guy not committed suicide he could have ruined her life instead.

When The Children's Institute ruined the lives of the McMartin family did they pay for what they did? No.

When The Children's Institute ruined the lives of the McMartin family did they pay for what they did? No.

I will have to look that case up as I haven't heard of it.

I will have to look that case up as I haven't heard of it.

Look up McMartin Preschool. I worked on that case. I worked with the investigator. It was a nightmare.

The answer to can you sue, is of course you can. You can sue a ham sandwich not tasting good. Now whether you win or not is a whole different thing

More lawsuits have been filed against God than any person or entity. Thousands of them.

There is even a case where a man sued himself.

If he offed himself, I suspect he was a pedophile.

Oh well. Look, another pedophile support thread. I love these. Can't wait to see who shows up.

The answer to can you sue, is of course you can. You can sue a ham sandwich not tasting good. Now whether you win or not is a whole different thing

As my torts professor in law school was fond of saying: "You can sue the Bishop of Boston for bastardy. The question is, will you win?"

Forum List

Back