Can You Spell ‘Bedlamite’?

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Not that spelling matters anymore, apparently.

Once again, so-called educators, self-styled champions of “social justice,” seem to function more as narcissistic saboteurs. In that, if you were shockingly spiteful and wanted to undermine the practical life chances of minority students, and leave them resentful, unskilled and racially fixated - and heavily in debt - it’s hard to see what you’d do differently.

The new hotness in grading for woke academics: “Dispensing almost completely with judgements of quality.”

Participants will be shown how to “revise course materials so they don’t accidentally promote or reinforce racist practices,” though the particulars are somehow both emphatic and opaque. We are, for instance, told that, “single standards” for language “kill our students,” which sounds just a tad breathless. There will, it seems, be lots of “redesigning assessment ecologies,” and quite a few “dimension-based rubrics,” which, via an as yet unspecified process, will upend “white racial habits of language,” resulting in some kind of righteous emancipation. In short, grading a student’s ability to convey their thoughts in writing – and to formulate thoughts by writing – is a manifestation of “white language supremacy,” an apparently murderous phenomenon, and therefore to be abandoned in the name of “inclusive excellence.”

American University trains faculty not to judge quality of writing when grading | The College Fix

So, this is ONE stupid policy at ONE university?
How many stupid policies at Universities would be meaningful to you?

I’m game, I’ve got all day to post them. Just give me a number.

How about ONE stupid policy federally enforced at ALL universities?
Federally enforced means it’s the law.

Topic is your corrupt Leftard education system

So, all you have to say is that some universities have some stupid policies? Breaking news indeed.

Forum List

Back