Can you really afford four more years?

I remember Douglas Brinkley saying on c-span that shortly after the President entered the WH he had several historians over for dinner and in a private moment, Mr Brinkley asked him what he thought of the country's situation ...Preside*nt Obama told him " It is far worse than we thought ".

Almost 4 million NEW jobs, many million jobs saved, consistent economic growth, excellent foreign policy and, as we all know, the list of GOOD accomplishments goes on and on.

Its an old trick - using something positive and making people believe its a negative. THAT is what the GObP/pubs have done with President Obama experience. Like it or not, he was and is as well qualified as almost every other president and he has done much more good for the average American than most other presidents. If you rw's would read his accomplishments with an open mind, you would know that.

What we cannot afford is the GObP/Repub back in the White House shoving their trickle down Robber Baron politics down our throats.

That makes him the stoopidest man ever elected president.

The other day, I heard Obama described this way. You bring a patient with a 102 degree temp to the doctor. The doctor treats the patient and his temp rises to 106 and then drops to 105 and you praise the doctor for doing such a great job "treating" the patient. :cuckoo:

Even he didn't believe the message of the Democrats as that election got underway. They led us to the brink by screaming "The Sky is Falling" and then they pushed. They were under the mistaken impression that by the end February 2009, they would have corrected everything and be declared heroes. Instead we ended up in a free fall.

Immie

Absolutely not. We cannot afford to allow the Republican psuedo-conservatives back in power. They will break the bank and divide the nation.

Ummmm, in case you haven't noticed...........this is where we are today. Are you saying Bush called the Dems his enemies and told them to get to the back of the bus. Our current Divider-in-Chief is doing a great job of all you say you don't want to happen.

I find it quite amusing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It will never happen though because the leaches that strangle our access to cheaper fuel

The only thing strangling our access is government.

My hope is that some day people like you will wake up from your coma and at least get facts and reality in some recognizable form in your skull.

Who do you think the most invasive contributors to congress are? YOUR access to your government is the problem Sport because you stupid fucks have decided that money is free speach and corporations are people. You keep voting for the same fuckwits over and over because you have agendas that have nothing to do with the comon good of our country..so all you have when facing the obvious end result of YOUR neglect in your responsibility to vote is to blame the only guy involved that cannot do anything about it.

You don't REALLY want cheap gas. That would require that you think when you vote..and that isn't going to happen. It requires the hard work of getting corporate money out of politics...ain't gonna happen..because they fund YOUR representatives because their dogma can't pay the freight so they suck up to any entity that will...at a cost to America.

Thanks for being stupid and lazy! I hope gas goes to twenty bucks a gallon..it will serve you ignorant assholes well and as you deserve.

I do want cheap gas. If the government opened ANWR, that would be a good first step.

Well...OK. That's a start. Recognising what you want is important. NOW..do you want cheap gas more than what? Do you believe that our energy costs and availability are a national priority compared to all other commodities? Do you believe it is even a national security issue? Is fuel as important as a standing army?

What about the economy? What drives the economy forward or backward with more force than the COST of doing business? Is there any more important factor in running a business than the cost of energy? You say wages? Fine...wouldn't Americans need less wages if they didn't have to pay so much for all of their energy needs?

You say Anwar is a solution..really? How many times do you have to be told that the choke hold of the refineries and the fact that we(the oil companies) sell record barrels of refined oil to overseas markets is the ONLY reason why gas costs so much here?

The whole gas and oil market is centered around supplying other countries THEIR energy requirements. Do you think that this system is going to change because of the good will towards Americans from the big multinational oil corps?

What WE need to recognise is that there is no WE in the oil business. There is THEM and only what makes THEM the most money...the American public and business be damned.

As long as you fail to recognise these facts you are pissing into the wind with your concerns about the price of gas at the pump.

You want to know what gasoline REALLY costs to the people when it isn't being manipulated by the corporations and speculators?

CNN/Money: Global gas prices - CNNMoney - Business, financial ...
... tax gasoline heavily, with taxes making up as much as 75 percent of the cost of a gallon of gasoline, said ... Cairo: $0.65: Nigeria: Lagos: $0.38: Venezuela: Caracas: $0.12

So with ALL our damned ingenuity third rate third world countries get gas for pennies while we pay dollars? How is THAT possible? Why is it tollerated?

And you say Anwar??? Dude... you really need to smarten up. Stop believing media lies and your politicians lies. Believe what is REAL. The prices I listed ARE REAL!!!! THAT is reality. Do you want THAT for our country or what we have now? Make up your mind and vote accordingly.

My hope is that some day people like you will wake up from your coma and at least get facts and reality in some recognizable form in your skull.

Who do you think the most invasive contributors to congress are? YOUR access to your government is the problem Sport because you stupid fucks have decided that money is free speach and corporations are people. You keep voting for the same fuckwits over and over because you have agendas that have nothing to do with the comon good of our country..so all you have when facing the obvious end result of YOUR neglect in your responsibility to vote is to blame the only guy involved that cannot do anything about it.

You don't REALLY want cheap gas. That would require that you think when you vote..and that isn't going to happen. It requires the hard work of getting corporate money out of politics...ain't gonna happen..because they fund YOUR representatives because their dogma can't pay the freight so they suck up to any entity that will...at a cost to America.

Thanks for being stupid and lazy! I hope gas goes to twenty bucks a gallon..it will serve you ignorant assholes well and as you deserve.

I do want cheap gas. If the government opened ANWR, that would be a good first step.

Well...OK. That's a start. Recognising what you want is important. NOW..do you want cheap gas more than what? Do you believe that our energy costs and availability are a national priority compared to all other commodities? Do you believe it is even a national security issue? Is fuel as important as a standing army?

What about the economy? What drives the economy forward or backward with more force than the COST of doing business? Is there any more important factor in running a business than the cost of energy? You say wages? Fine...wouldn't Americans need less wages if they didn't have to pay so much for all of their energy needs?

You say Anwar is a solution..really? How many times do you have to be told that the choke hold of the refineries and the fact that we(the oil companies) sell record barrels of refined oil to overseas markets is the ONLY reason why gas costs so much here?

The whole gas and oil market is centered around supplying other countries THEIR energy requirements. Do you think that this system is going to change because of the good will towards Americans from the big multinational oil corps?

What WE need to recognise is that there is no WE in the oil business. There is THEM and only what makes THEM the most money...the American public and business be damned.

As long as you fail to recognise these facts you are pissing into the wind with your concerns about the price of gas at the pump.

You want to know what gasoline REALLY costs to the people when it isn't being manipulated by the corporations and speculators?

... tax gasoline heavily, with taxes making up as much as 75 percent of the cost of a gallon of gasoline, said ... Cairo: $0.65: Nigeria: Lagos: $0.38: Venezuela: Caracas: $0.12

So with ALL our damned ingenuity third rate third world countries get gas for pennies while we pay dollars? How is THAT possible? Why is it tollerated?

And you say Anwar??? Dude... you really need to smarten up. Stop believing media lies and your politicians lies. Believe what is REAL. The prices I listed ARE REAL!!!! THAT is reality. Do you want THAT for our country or what we have now? Make up your mind and vote accordingly.

NOW..do you want cheap gas more than what?

More than expensive gas.

You say Anwar is a solution..really?

No, I say ANWR is a good first step..really.

So with ALL our damned ingenuity third rate third world countries get gas for pennies while we pay dollars?

Their governments buy gas on the world market and sell it for less.

How is THAT possible?

Wasteful, market distorting subsidies.

Why is it tollerated?

People like their free (and cheap) stuff. Even when it isn't.

Do you want THAT for our country or what we have now?

No. I don't want idiot politicians wasting money to buy votes from the economically ignorant.

Make up your mind and vote accordingly.

I do. That's why Obama would never get my vote.

More than expensive gas.

So with ALL our damned ingenuity third rate third world countries get gas for pennies while we pay dollars?

How is THAT possible?

Why is it tollerated?

No. I don't want idiot politicians wasting money to buy votes from the economically ignorant.

Todd...nigga please! Venezuela is a piss ant po dunk country. They do not have extra money to do ANYTHING..let alone subsidize gasoline. I don't know how you can look at that list I gave you and tell me that these countries have the resources to subsidize squat.
That idea is so rediculous that it just astonishes me that you type it..look at it ...and send it.

Let's try this again. Block all that media bullshit out of your mind and look at those numbers again. I am not lying to you. I have nothing to gain from lying to you. I am not trying to pick your pocket like the multinational oil companies are doing right this minute. Obama makes NO PROFIT from the cost of gasoline. People that want to take your money will lie to you and get you believing ANYTHING but what would come between them and your cash. Why is this so hard for you to comprehend? If I was selling you gasoline I would get as much as I possibly could...whatever you would pay. THAT is how capitalism works. Control the market and get as much profit as possible. That is why we have public fire stations...because that way everyone gets their fire put out cheap. Not just rich people. Dude. This is not rocket science...believe the numbers..forget all else until you understand the numbers.

Last edited:

More than expensive gas.

How is THAT possible?

Why is it tollerated?

Todd...nigga please! Venezuela is a piss ant po dunk country. They do not have extra money to do ANYTHING..let alone subsidize gasoline. I don't know how you can look at that list I gave you and tell me that these countries have the resources to subsidize squat.
That idea is so rediculous that it just astonishes me that you type it..look at it ...and send it.

Let's try this again. Block all that media bullshit out of your mind and look at those numbers again. I am not lying to you. I have nothing to gain from lying to you. I am not trying to pick your pocket like the multinational oil companies are doing right this minute. Obama makes NO PROFIT from the cost of gasoline. People that want to take your money will lie to you and get you believing ANYTHING but what would come between them and your cash. Why is this so hard for you to comprehend? If I was selling you gasoline I would get as much as I possibly could...whatever you would pay. THAT is how capitalism works. Control the market and get as much profit as possible. That is why we have public fire stations...because that way everyone gets their fire put out cheap. Not just rich people. Dude. This is not rocket science...believe the numbers..forget all else until you understand the numbers.

In its World Energy Outlook 2011, the IEA assesses the situation of the countries with the highest subsidies to fossil fuels. The study shows that in 2010 Venezuela spent USD 19.9 billion to subsidize fuel, natural gas, and electricity, with discounts hitting 75% of the value of the product.

Cost Of Venezuelas Fuel Subsidy Up 194 In Three Years - Economia - El Universal

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks. That was fun.

More than expensive gas.

How is THAT possible?

Why is it tollerated?

In its World Energy Outlook 2011, the IEA assesses the situation of the countries with the highest subsidies to fossil fuels. The study shows that in 2010 Venezuela spent USD 19.9 billion to subsidize fuel, natural gas, and electricity, with discounts hitting 75% of the value of the product.

Thanks. That was fun.

Todd...Todd...Todd... You and they are confusing making less than the market will bare with a true subsidy. There is no way in hell the citizens of Venezuela tax money pays for the cheaper gasoline in that country. A subsidy is spending U S tax dollars on mega farm corps for NOT planting crops.

They are making less than they can and passing the savings on to the public. Try and think outside the box Todd. What do you think the effect of let's say 25 cent a gallon gas would be on our economy?

For the record, I can't afford four more years of this from either Republicans or Democrats. Makes no difference who they are.

Immie

More than expensive gas.

How is THAT possible?

Why is it tollerated?

Thanks. That was fun.

From 2007......

Venezuela’s Gas Prices Remain Low, but the Political Costs May Be Rising - New York Times

In a country moving toward socialism, the beneficiaries of government largess here are still people like Nicolás Taurisano, a businessman who dabbles in real estate and machinery imports. He is the proud owner of a Hummer.

Motorists in the United States smarting from rising gasoline prices, take note: Mr. Taurisano pays the equivalent of $1.50 to fill his Hummer’s tank. Thanks to a decades-old subsidy that has proven devilishly complex to undo, gasoline in Venezuela costs about 7 cents a gallon compared with an average $2.86 a gallon in the United States.

“It is one clear benefit to living in an otherwise challenging country,” said Mr. Taurisano, 34, who also owns a BMW, a Mercedes-Benz, a Ferrari and a Porsche.

Many Venezuelans consider the subsidy a birthright even though it bypasses the poor, who rely on relatively expensive and often dangerous public transportation. Economists estimate that it costs the government of President Hugo Chávez more than $9 billion a year.

Thanks. That was fun.

From 2007......

Venezuela’s Gas Prices Remain Low, but the Political Costs May Be Rising - New York Times

In a country moving toward socialism, the beneficiaries of government largess here are still people like Nicolás Taurisano, a businessman who dabbles in real estate and machinery imports. He is the proud owner of a Hummer.

Motorists in the United States smarting from rising gasoline prices, take note: Mr. Taurisano pays the equivalent of $1.50 to fill his Hummer’s tank. Thanks to a decades-old subsidy that has proven devilishly complex to undo, gasoline in Venezuela costs about 7 cents a gallon compared with an average $2.86 a gallon in the United States.

“It is one clear benefit to living in an otherwise challenging country,” said Mr. Taurisano, 34, who also owns a BMW, a Mercedes-Benz, a Ferrari and a Porsche.

Many Venezuelans consider the subsidy a birthright even though it bypasses the poor, who rely on relatively expensive and often dangerous public transportation. Economists estimate that it costs the government of President Hugo Chávez more than $9 billion a year.

Let's go over this again. Is the estimated 9 billion revenue that could be profits if the gasoline was sold on the international market...or is it money from the Venezuelian treasury from other sources?

What you people always seem to ignore is that the profits from Exxon and BP don't make America richer. THEY ARE NOT AMERICAN CORPORATIONS!

If the USA nationalised some forms of carbon energy we would build several new refineries and there would be hundreds of thousands of new jobs as a result just in oil refining. Gasoline prices would be low and stable which would give American manufacturing a new foundation of stability to help compete on the global market..instead of selling what is left of OUR natural resources to the highest bidder to line the pockets of people that have no allegience to the U S A.

On election day, the question of "Are you better off than you were four years ago" will be answered. All the wonderful accomplishments that democrats say obama was responsible for will be evaluated on a very personal level.

Not true.

Less than 50% of our population even VOTE and what percentage of those are actually familiar with the issues?

If the voter has kept up, and they have not, there is no way President Obama could lose.

ANWAR? Please. What good would a few months of oil sold on the world market do us?

Im not sure I can afford 1 more year. But I am putting my trust in God and working my butt off.

For the record, I can't afford four more years of this from either Republicans or Democrats. Makes no difference who they are.

Immie

Assuming you are either ... poor, working class or middle class, the last thing you can survive right now is the trickle down, tax the poor and give it the 1% pubs.

If, otoh, you are very VERY wealthy, you should vote a straight GObP/pub ticket.

No matter what the left says, or how they want to spin it, this time when people go to vote they are going to vote on whether or not obama has done a good job as it affects them personally. Energy prices, groceries, their job, their home, that's what they are going to look at. Democrats could scream improved economy until they turn blue, but if no one sees it in their lives they won't vote for obama. He can tell people in Nebraska that unemployment is low in New Jersey, then tell the people in New Jersey that its on the way down in Utah, and no one will buy it. In going after one niche voting bloc, obama has alienated others. Too many others and they are too big. Jews, Christians, blue collar whites, the military, veterans, the unions may back him, but union members won't.

obama is sinking in the polls and he's not running against anyone. He's just disliked, and disliked a lot.

Immie

Assuming you are either ... poor, working class or middle class, the last thing you can survive right now is the trickle down, tax the poor and give it the 1% pubs.

If, otoh, you are very VERY wealthy, you should vote a straight GObP/pub ticket.

One thing is for certain, I won't be voting for Obama.

OTOH there is about a .00095% chance I will vote for a Republican for President, but don't lay any money down me voting Republican either.

Immie

Thanks. That was fun.

Todd...Todd...Todd... You and they are confusing making less than the market will bare with a true subsidy. There is no way in hell the citizens of Venezuela tax money pays for the cheaper gasoline in that country. A subsidy is spending U S tax dollars on mega farm corps for NOT planting crops.

They are making less than they can and passing the savings on to the public. Try and think outside the box Todd. What do you think the effect of let's say 25 cent a gallon gas would be on our economy?

Huggy, Venezuela doesn't refine their own gasoline.
They take money earned from selling oil and use it to buy gasoline.
They then take the gasoline and sell it at a greatly reduced price to their own citizens.
That's known as a subsidy.
I could try to simply it further, if you're still confused.
Please let me know.
Always glad to help.

Thanks. That was fun.

From 2007......

Let's go over this again. Is the estimated 9 billion revenue that could be profits if the gasoline was sold on the international market...or is it money from the Venezuelian treasury from other sources?

What you people always seem to ignore is that the profits from Exxon and BP don't make America richer. THEY ARE NOT AMERICAN CORPORATIONS!

If the USA nationalised some forms of carbon energy we would build several new refineries and there would be hundreds of thousands of new jobs as a result just in oil refining. Gasoline prices would be low and stable which would give American manufacturing a new foundation of stability to help compete on the global market..instead of selling what is left of OUR natural resources to the highest bidder to line the pockets of people that have no allegience to the U S A.

What you people always seem to ignore is that the profits from Exxon and BP don't make America richer.

Sure they do. Millions of Americans own Exxon and BP stock. Some outright and some thru their mutual funds. The government even gets a cut of those dividends thru taxes on them.

If the USA nationalised some forms of carbon energy we would build several new refineries and there would be hundreds of thousands of new jobs as a result just in oil refining.

You bet! Stealing tens of billions of dollars could be used to create some government jobs.

On election day, the question of "Are you better off than you were four years ago" will be answered. All the wonderful accomplishments that democrats say obama was responsible for will be evaluated on a very personal level.

Not true.

Less than 50% of our population even VOTE and what percentage of those are actually familiar with the issues?

If the voter has kept up, and they have not, there is no way President Obama could lose.

ANWAR? Please. What good would a few months of oil sold on the world market do us?

A few months worth of oil? We've been getting oil from Alaska for decades.
The oil would do us more good after we took it out of the ground than it does now.

Forum List

Back